[ABD] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
I've Been Banned!

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by 2600 »

Is it possible to forbid certain topics from having video rendered? I have a song topic and I don't want loads of videos rendered with YouTube links.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

John connor wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:35 pm Is it possible to forbid certain topics from having video rendered? I have a song topic and I don't want loads of videos rendered with YouTube links.
Just add some forum rules, that they need to use the [url] bbcode .. Just an idea ..
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

phpBB isn't set up for that kind of fine-grained permissions, it's easier to simply ask people to use [url] to post their links.
I wrote the library that handles markup in phpBB 3.2+.
Neverlands

Post by Neverlands »

Hi, I'm using this addon for Google spreadsheets. It shows the content perfectly - would it also be possible to edit the content of the spreadsheet?
I've set the share link to everybody can edit that has the link, but it's not possible to directly make any changes.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

I don't know.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

JoshyPHP wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:39 pm phpBB isn't set up for that kind of fine-grained permissions, it's easier to simply ask people to use [url] to post their links.
I guess I could do that and it did dawn on me, but a large part of my user base uses a smart device in one form or another and that's kinda a pain to do.

I suppose that such a switch or permission isn't available. I'll just live with the loads of videos. LOL
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
Emplehod

Post by Emplehod »

Much like another user here had issues making this work, I too am having the same. I know how to FTP and about directory structure, etc. (run my own Apache server), but the files you instructed them as missing are not in the Zip I downloaded. I downloaded it twice.

My Zip contains:

s9e/
  • mediaembed/
    • bundle.php
    • composer.json
    • ext.php
    • LICENSE
    • listener.php
    • parsing.php
    • README.md
    • rendering.php
  • config/
    • services.yml
I've extracted the the files to the proper structure: forum_root/ext/s9e/...

It's that when I go to Manage Extensions, my CP looks nothing like your example. Does this vary with styles or versions? Mine is like this:

The is no "s9e" extension. I tried adding one, but what "type" should it be? When I type a YouTube URL, I just get a text link to it, like that other user did.

One of your replies to that user was:
JoshyPHP wrote: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:12 am As it turns out, your ext directory is publicly accessible so I could see for myself that you uploaded the extension in the right place. However, you're missing at least two files:

Code: Select all

ext/s9e/mediaembed/vendor/s9e/TextFormatter/src/Bundles/MediaPack.php
ext/s9e/mediaembed/vendor/s9e/TextFormatter/src/Bundles/MediaPack/Renderer.php
(Re-)Upload them and it should work.

There is no vendor/, TextFormatter/, src/, or Bundles/ folders in the archive.

mediaembed/ and config/ are the only subfolders.
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

You are looking at the wrong tab. Those are for file extensions for uploading files.

Go to the customize tab, on the left there is link for managing phpBB extensions.

===Edit====

Which version of phpBB are you using?
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
Emplehod

Post by Emplehod »

thecoalman wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:37 pm You are looking at the wrong tab. Those are for file extensions for uploading files.

Go to the customize tab, on the left there is link for managing phpBB extensions.

===Edit====

Which version of phpBB are you using?

I'm guessing there isn't one on 3.0.x ? The reason I haven't updated is my style was designed for 3.0.12 and I don't want it to break.
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser »

Extension don't run on 3.0-Versions of phpBB
The extension system was introduced in 3.1
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
Emplehod

Post by Emplehod »

canonknipser wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:09 pm Extension don't run on 3.0-Versions of phpBB
The extension system was introduced in 3.1
Okay, so I'm trying to update from 3.0.14 to 3.1.12 and it's comparing files, then I downloading files in Zip format, uploaded them to my forums. It then shows a lot of files that have changed and says it will delete them. Then it checks files again and gives me the same results. It is just a loop over and over.

If I try to download the files that have changed again, the zip is empty.

[Edit]

Okay, what I did not realize was that I would have to manually go through hundreds of files and delete them in order to update the version. Not a real user-friendly update system. After manually going through every file and folder to delete what they wanted and clicking nearly endless "Update Database" pages, my update is successful. As I feared, it broke all my styles so I will now have to search for a new one.

Had I known the update was so difficult and would lose my styles anyway, I would have just deleted the entire forum and installed a newer phpBB3 version from scratch.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

Emplehod wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:20 pm There is no vendor/, TextFormatter/, src/, or Bundles/ folders in the archive.
Not in the latest archive, no.

The rest has been addressed by thecoalman and canonknipser; There are no extensions for 3.0.

If you have the option to install phpBB 3.2 from scratch you should do that. 3.1 is unsupported by the way, you're wasting your time.
Gubkin
Name: Alexander

Post by Gubkin »

JoshyPHP,
Can you provide support a russian service "yandex disk" (same a g.drive, dropbox) ?
example video link

Code: Select all

https://yadi.sk/i/ec2sUJ8_3S56og
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

Probably not, no. It doesn't look like something that can be embedded and even if it did, I'm focusing on the bigger sites now.
alyona

Post by alyona »

JoshyPHP, you made a great job! Thanks!

I would like to ask if it's possible to add VK post sharing same way as FB, Twitter or Instagram?

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”