[ABD] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP »

I don't know. Apparently they provide an API to embed some posts but I don't have a VK account and they're going out of their way to make things difficult for non-registered users.

Edit: ok, so now I know for sure that yes, posts can be embedded but no, I can't add support for it because VK decided to make it particularly difficult. By the looks of it they are tracking which user is sharing which link and that's why non-registered users can't share/embed links that way.
I wrote the library that handles markup in phpBB 3.2+.
potku

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by potku »

We just upgraded to 3.2. Did we go a-miss somewhere with this?

https://potku.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 94#p917194
Potku.net

"Before I speak, I have something important to say."

- Groucho Marx
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Emplehod wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:29 pm
canonknipser wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:09 pm Extension don't run on 3.0-Versions of phpBB
The extension system was introduced in 3.1
Okay, so I'm trying to update from 3.0.14 to 3.1.12 and it's comparing files, then I downloading files in Zip format, uploaded them to my forums. It then shows a lot of files that have changed and says it will delete them. Then it checks files again and gives me the same results. It is just a loop over and over.

If I try to download the files that have changed again, the zip is empty.

[Edit]

Okay, what I did not realize was that I would have to manually go through hundreds of files and delete them in order to update the version. Not a real user-friendly update system. After manually going through every file and folder to delete what they wanted and clicking nearly endless "Update Database" pages, my update is successful. As I feared, it broke all my styles so I will now have to search for a new one.

Had I known the update was so difficult and would lose my styles anyway, I would have just deleted the entire forum and installed a newer phpBB3 version from scratch.
There is nothing difficult about updating or (in your case) upgrading . There is a prerequisite of course, and that is knowing how to upgrade before starting. It requires reading the information available.
I have no idea what you're doing (manually going through hundreds of files) since that's absolutely a waste of time. And I disagree that the styles are broken. The style was meant for 3.0, not for 3.1 or 3.2 .

Upgrading is simple: (https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... /upgrade3/) (you may have some work cut out for you with removing all database modifications from the 3.0.x)
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Binano

Post by Binano »

Hello, do you plan to include sports widgets ?

Strava : https://www.vtt-alsace.fr/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1458
Garmin Connect : https://www.vtt-alsace.fr/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1121
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

potku wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:21 am We just upgraded to 3.2. Did we go a-miss somewhere with this?

https://potku.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 94#p917194
Make sure the extension is enabled. Try again in a new post.
Binano wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:19 am Hello, do you plan to include sports widgets ?
No plans, no. You can use custom BBCodes for those, or possibly create a similar extension to convert their URLs.
potku

Post by potku »

Joshy, thanks your reply. The culprit was that we had certain old BBCodes that conflicted with this EXT. It's all good now. :)

If only we could parse the old links...
Potku.net

- Groucho Marx
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

Please could support be added for paste.ofcode.org and pastecode.io?

They are alternatives to pastebin (already supported) that I've seen used more often recently.

Thanks!
potku

Post by potku »

What might be causing this appearing on top of the page from time to time?

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 2141: DOMDocument::loadXML(): Namespace prefix g on plusone is not defined in Entity, line: 1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 1597: DOMDocument::loadXML(): Namespace prefix g on plusone is not defined in Entity, line: 1
Potku.net

- Groucho Marx
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

nou nou wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:31 am Please could support be added for paste.ofcode.org and pastecode.io?
I'm not currently adding new sites to the list, sorry.
potku wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:53 am What might be causing this appearing on top of the page from time to time?
Best guess is you have an extension that does something related to Google +1. Or maybe you created a custom BBCode that uses a custom g namespace without declaring it.
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

JoshyPHP wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:33 am
I'm not currently adding new sites to the list, sorry.
No worries. If at some point you would, though, codepad.org is another one... :)

Thanks for this great effort, by the way, users love it!

nou nou
potku

Post by potku »

Joshy, thanks, we'll look into it. :)
Potku.net

- Groucho Marx
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Do you have plans to add Bandcamp?
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

It's already in.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Oh cool. Okay. Didn't know that.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

I'm having issues with Liveleak videos not showing up. I don't know what the issue is, but I tried disabling this extension and used the BBcode and it still won't render. Neither does Vevo and God knows what else. Only YouTube works. You can see my post here: https://techcomputerforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=520
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”