[ABD] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP »

Dailymotion is supported. If you have a Dailymotion URL that doesn't work, post it here and I'll look into it.

I will add VBOX7 today and I'll update the extension some time tomorrow.
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.2+.

Nully

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by Nully »

Sorry,
I made the test again: Daylymotion works ok :mrgreen:
Thank you very much for Vbox7.
My forum Ascreus version is not online yet, I'm preparing on my computer and will be happy to have the good extensions.

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

infinitiv
Name: Ficjusz

Post by infinitiv »

OMG, that's really impressive. Although I won't use it on my site (it's RPG-oriented) I really appreciate it. Keep up the good work!

denis4o

Post by denis4o »

Thanks!

Nully

Post by Nully »

Nearly perfect :)
I had a quick message from Vbox telling me I need flashplayer. The message disappeared and I have seen the video.

To continue my test, in my forum I clicked on "Reply" to insert another Vbox link and while I was writing the first video on previous message started...

Now I have two messages with a Vbox clip in each. If I click on "Reply" the two videos start together.

Click "Post Reply" or "Reply with quote" make Vbox videos starting (only Vbox not Daylymotion or Youtube) in forum with same subject.

I hope you understand my poor english :mrgreen:

denis4o

Post by denis4o »

I followed the steps you described about the vbox videos and I cannot reproduce the problem. It might be browser or cache related. What browser are you using?

Have you disabled the ext before uploading the new files?

Nully

Post by Nully »

Hi denis4o,
I have Ascraeus on my computer through Wampserver using IE 11 version 11.0.9600.17420IS.
Yes I disabled the ext before uploading new files.
If you don't have this problem and I'm happy you made test, we can say the extension is perfect :D

denis4o

Post by denis4o »

Hi Nully,

After your reply I repeated the test with IE 11.0.9600.17416 and indeed for a second I see the "Install flash player" message but then it disappears. I think it is a bug with vbox7 and not the ext itself.
The other problem that you describe with the automatic playback I still cannot reproduce even with IE 11.

BR,
Denis

Nully

Post by Nully »

I deleted IE cache, deleted forum cache, deleted files in cache directory.
Disabbled extension, deleted extension directory.
Uploaded again extension, activated.
I still have the problem.
Vbox videos start playing without doing anything!

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

I got the same thing as Denis. The "Install Flash Player" message is normal, that's what they display by default until their Flash player loads. As soon as the Flash player loads, the message disappears.

Videos don't autoplay for me either. Is it possible that you have an extension installed that causes it to start playing automatically? Perhaps try Firefox with a clean profile (no extensions) if you want to know for sure. I tested it with this video: http://vbox7.com/play:3975300ec6. The URL of the iframe is http://vbox7.com/emb/external.php?vid=3975300ec6.

Nully

Post by Nully »

Very strange. Your clip did not start automatically.
I replaced previous videos with others and only one started :
http://www.vbox7.com/play:6e80e628cc

I deleted Vbox7 bbcodes (Youtube bbcodes are still there).

Anyway...good news:

with Mozilla Firefox NO PROBLEM :D

Swanny

Post by Swanny »

Interesting mod (extension?). Do you plan on releasing this as an approved extension? I don't fully understand the difference between official approved extensions and these github downloads.

I've been looking for a mod that will turn a pasted YouTube link into a player magically (requiring the user to do nothing other than just pasting the link).

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

Swanny wrote:I don't fully understand the difference between official approved extensions and these github downloads.
From what I understand, official extensions are from phpBB developers and unofficial approved extensions are extensions that have been inspected(?) by the extensions team. And then there are extensions that are neither official or approved.

Ultimately I'd like to submit this extension to the extensions database, it all depends on how much work it causes me and how long it takes for updates to be approved. There are some stats there: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/queu ... /extension

ViolaF

Post by ViolaF »

Khaos-Rage wrote:was first uploaded on Oct 22, 2013. So I doubt that this has any thing to do with that Idea/base-code that your thinking of.
What i am thinking of is from 2009/2010, thats why i am asking,
if you have code this completely by yourself, than congrats :geek:

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”