[ABD] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:20 pm

I don't know. Apparently they provide an API to embed some posts but I don't have a VK account and they're going out of their way to make things difficult for non-registered users.

Edit: ok, so now I know for sure that yes, posts can be embedded but no, I can't add support for it because VK decided to make it particularly difficult. By the looks of it they are tracking which user is sharing which link and that's why non-registered users can't share/embed links that way.
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.2.

potku

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by potku » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:21 am

We just upgraded to 3.2. Did we go a-miss somewhere with this?

https://potku.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 94#p917194
Potku.net

"Before I speak, I have something important to say."

- Groucho Marx

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:29 am

Emplehod wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:29 pm
canonknipser wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:09 pm
Extension don't run on 3.0-Versions of phpBB
The extension system was introduced in 3.1
Okay, so I'm trying to update from 3.0.14 to 3.1.12 and it's comparing files, then I downloading files in Zip format, uploaded them to my forums. It then shows a lot of files that have changed and says it will delete them. Then it checks files again and gives me the same results. It is just a loop over and over.

If I try to download the files that have changed again, the zip is empty.

[Edit]

Okay, what I did not realize was that I would have to manually go through hundreds of files and delete them in order to update the version. Not a real user-friendly update system. After manually going through every file and folder to delete what they wanted and clicking nearly endless "Update Database" pages, my update is successful. As I feared, it broke all my styles so I will now have to search for a new one.

Had I known the update was so difficult and would lose my styles anyway, I would have just deleted the entire forum and installed a newer phpBB3 version from scratch.
There is nothing difficult about updating or (in your case) upgrading . There is a prerequisite of course, and that is knowing how to upgrade before starting. It requires reading the information available.
I have no idea what you're doing (manually going through hundreds of files) since that's absolutely a waste of time. And I disagree that the styles are broken. The style was meant for 3.0, not for 3.1 or 3.2 .

Upgrading is simple: (https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... /upgrade3/) (you may have some work cut out for you with removing all database modifications from the 3.0.x)
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

Binano

Post by Binano » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:19 am

Hello, do you plan to include sports widgets ?

Strava : https://www.vtt-alsace.fr/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1458
Garmin Connect : https://www.vtt-alsace.fr/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1121

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:23 am

potku wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:21 am
We just upgraded to 3.2. Did we go a-miss somewhere with this?

https://potku.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 94#p917194
Make sure the extension is enabled. Try again in a new post.
Binano wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:19 am
Hello, do you plan to include sports widgets ?
No plans, no. You can use custom BBCodes for those, or possibly create a similar extension to convert their URLs.

potku

Post by potku » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:48 pm

Joshy, thanks your reply. The culprit was that we had certain old BBCodes that conflicted with this EXT. It's all good now. :)

If only we could parse the old links...
Potku.net

- Groucho Marx

nou nou

Post by nou nou » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:31 am

Please could support be added for paste.ofcode.org and pastecode.io?

They are alternatives to pastebin (already supported) that I've seen used more often recently.

Thanks!

potku

Post by potku » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:53 am

What might be causing this appearing on top of the page from time to time?

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 2141: DOMDocument::loadXML(): Namespace prefix g on plusone is not defined in Entity, line: 1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 1597: DOMDocument::loadXML(): Namespace prefix g on plusone is not defined in Entity, line: 1
Potku.net

- Groucho Marx

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:33 am

nou nou wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:31 am
Please could support be added for paste.ofcode.org and pastecode.io?
I'm not currently adding new sites to the list, sorry.
potku wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:53 am
What might be causing this appearing on top of the page from time to time?
Best guess is you have an extension that does something related to Google +1. Or maybe you created a custom BBCode that uses a custom g namespace without declaring it.

nou nou

Post by nou nou » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:31 am

JoshyPHP wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:33 am

I'm not currently adding new sites to the list, sorry.
No worries. If at some point you would, though, codepad.org is another one... :)

Thanks for this great effort, by the way, users love it!

nou nou

potku

Post by potku » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:36 am

Joshy, thanks, we'll look into it. :)
Potku.net

- Groucho Marx

John connor

Post by John connor » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:10 am

Do you have plans to add Bandcamp?

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:20 am

It's already in.

John connor

Post by John connor » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:04 am

Oh cool. Okay. Didn't know that.

John connor

Post by John connor » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:36 am

I'm having issues with Liveleak videos not showing up. I don't know what the issue is, but I tried disabling this extension and used the BBcode and it still won't render. Neither does Vevo and God knows what else. Only YouTube works. You can see my post here: https://techcomputerforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=520

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”