[RC] Hide BBcode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
mark5228

Re: [RC] Hide BBcode

Post by mark5228 »

I managed to get board3 portal working by removing the latest news module. I think it was when its was posting topics with the hide bbcde in that caused the error. I also had a new member join recently who didnt know how to use hide so i showed him in the shoutbox (mchat) once i put [hide]****[/hide] in the shoutbox the chat page was unaccessable with this error.
Unable to find template "mchat_messages.html" (looked into: ./styles/prosilver/template, ./styles/prosilver/theme, ./ext/marcovo/hideBBcode/styles/all/template, ./ext/marcovo/hideBBcode/styles/all/theme).
It appears that hide bbcode is pulling all styles from other extensions somehow, once i removed the post with the hide bbcode it was fine again.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

marcovo wrote:Note [11 sept]: Development on version 2.0 has started, aimed at providing compatibility with phpBB 3.2 . Also see the v2.0 github branch.
Hey, I took a quick look at that branch and noticed that the extension did some manipulation on the XML of a post. I would advise against replacing or testing for the presence of <s>[hide]</s>. Instead, test for the presence of an HIDE element (case-sensitive) using DOMDocument::getElementsByTagName() or via string manipulation if you're particularly confident in your abilities.

If you need to remove the content of all [hide] blocks from a post's XML, you can do it with s9e\TextFormatter\Utils::removeTag($xml, 'HIDE'). [API]
I wrote the library that handles markup in phpBB 3.2+.
Ziltoid Racer

Post by Ziltoid Racer »

has anyone taken this over or has a working extension that will hide post content from members?
BF79
Name: Fouad B

Post by BF79 »

Hello friends !!
I prepare to upgrade my phpbb to 3.2 !!
somebody can tell me if version 2.0.0 works in phpbb 3.2 ??
I am under 3.1.10 and 2.0.0 works fine for me ! I

THANKS!!!
Tarantino

Post by Tarantino »

Stay on 3.1.x... 3.1.11 will be probably the most stable version since 3.0.14 and more then 3.2.1, 3.2.2, 3.2.3... It's the normal things. The same happened to 3.1.x. I guess its too soon to go to 3.2. But its your forum, and it will depend how many extensions you'll have. This one could work on 3.2, but its better for you to test on a copy of your forum and then upgrade, or locally.

Best regards
BF79
Name: Fouad B

Post by BF79 »

Tarantino wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:20 pm Stay on 3.1.x... 3.1.11 will be probably the most stable version since 3.0.14 and more then 3.2.1, 3.2.2, 3.2.3... It's the normal things. The same happened to 3.1.x. I guess its too soon to go to 3.2. But its your forum, and it will depend how many extensions you'll have. This one could work on 3.2, but its better for you to test on a copy of your forum and then upgrade, or locally.

Best regards
THANK YOU:: :)
amiroslo

Post by amiroslo »

Anyone tested it on 3.2?
Big Monstro

Post by Big Monstro »

The Hide BBcode extension is enabled on my board (using phpBB 3.2.0).

My findings? Sadly, it's quite buggy.

Firstly, that extension cannot be coexist without issue with other ones such as Board rules and mChat.

But the worst thing is that extension cannot properly handle multilingual boards: on my website, people has the choice between French (the board default language as the majority of registered users live in France) and British English. However, if they choose English, the user interface is partially translated. The whole content from overall_header continues to use the default board language, regardless the user's settings. Reversing the language choice (set the English as default) move the problem for French-speaking instead.

It's not a template issue (the problem occurs on proSilver as well as custom styles). These bugs disappear as soon as you disable the extension. Hide BBcode is designed for phpBB 3.1, NOT for phpBB 3.2.
Leinad4Mind
Translator

Post by Leinad4Mind »

This extension was not made for 3.2 maybe you need a different or newer one.

Have you tested the 2.0 still in dev version ?
Want to access all my portuguese MOD and Extension translations?
Become my Patreon!
phpBB Portugal Translator and Moderator
infinitiv
Name: Ficjusz

Post by infinitiv »

Hi, I found a major issue with this extension.
If option „The [hide] code is unhidden when a user has replied in the topic” in ACP is disabled, user who used [hide] cannot see its contents at all (only at post preview). And I’m using 3.2 with proper version of an ext.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

The author isn't being so active lastly "Last active: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:24 am". 7 months.
Hopefully will come back though.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the extension author has not been active recently. If the extension author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the Extensions Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this extension, or any other extension that is marked as “abandoned” or “in development”, on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Extensions Team

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”