[RC] Hide BBcode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
marcovo
Name: Marco

Re: [BETA] Hide BBcode

Post by marcovo »

Ah I'm sorry; I haven't checked the translations on accuracy. I will check them however, thanks for pointing it out!

EDIT: The russian language seems to be the only file that's significantly off. I will contact the translator about it :) . EDIT 2: See here.
FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey »

Code: Select all

'HIDEBB_MESSAGE_HIDDEN_DESCRIPTION'	=> 'Вам нужно написать сообщение в теме, после чего вы сможете посмотреть скрытое сообщение',
I think so.
marcovo

Post by marcovo »

I've added the new line to file, thanks :) .
FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey »

dont work with quick replay viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2259196 if ajax turn ON. need reload page.
Last edited by FomenkoAndrey on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcovo

Post by marcovo »

Are these issues breaking issues or are they just inconveniences? I thinks issues are breaking if a user is able to see text that he/she is not allowed to see. On the other hand, if in some situation a user is somehow not able to see text he should be able to see, I'd rather call it inconvenient.

I think I remember that at the time it was not possible to implement this on the search page, as such it has not been implemented (some missing events). I might look into this in the future.

Regarding quick reply; I haven't tested that extension (yet).

I've put your issues on github here:
https://github.com/marcovo/phpbb_hidebbcode/issues

Could you please describe more precisely how to reproduce the issue with quick reply?
FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey »

On the one hand the user posted in the topics and has to see hidden content (and also on the search page, it is logical). On the other hand - how to implement it? and the hidden message is not much, so if you can not implement it on the search page - it will not be a problem.
Could you please describe more precisely how to reproduce the issue with quick reply?
add messages with Ajax enabled in the settings. Post added, but the page is not reloaded. so the user still sees the message text is hidden. He needs to refresh the page, but the user does not know about that and leaves the topic, thinking that he had been deceived.

at the moment I disabled Ajax in a quick replay. Version quick replay will be completely rewriting by GURU, perhaps solve the problem in the QR extension. or maybe you will be able to do a fix to work with QR Ajax.

After testing, I set your extension on a working site until there are no errors.
The only thing - I have changed the Russian language, a little moved away from the translation, but it is more correct in my opinion.
Change these two lines:

'HIDEBB_HIDDEN_MESSAGE'				=> 'Это сообщение скрыто',
	'HIDEBB_MESSAGE_UNHIDE'				=> 'Сообщение доступно для просмотра',
marcovo

Post by marcovo »

Regarding the Quick Reply extension, this is something that cannot really be fixed, a refresh of the page is indeed needed there. This could be made clear to the user by means of some message probably. (I guess there are plenty of options to do that within phpBB?)

The only thing I could do about this is check whether some [hide]-code is present in the topic when one replies with the quick reply, forcing the page to reload if it is present. However, this would on the other hand be 'random' behaviour to some users, as normally the page doesn't reload and then 'because of no reason' the page suddenly reloads after submitting a message. So I'm not completely sure whether this would be a good fix; probably it would be for some but it won't be for others.

EDIT:
Just looked into search.php, but the reason it was not implemented there is because the search page contains many different topics. I must admit there could be a way to do it, but it is very prone to errors in future versions of phpBB so I'd rather not implement that. (Another option would be to do another event request but I doubt they will include that.)
FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey »

good news: in an updated version of quick replay (will soon) the developers of QR are promising to make friends with your extension.
FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey »

i have a problem.
registered users and guests can not see standart attachments until they leave post in the topics (they see a message that there is no permissions to view the attachment).
the attachments is not enclosed into the tag HIDE.
When I turn off the extension [BETA] Hide BBcode - everything is working properly.
is it possible to somehow fix it?
Last edited by FomenkoAndrey on Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
John45

Post by John45 »

How would you be able to make this compatible with advanced bbcode box?
John45

Post by John45 »

Can you also set this up to work in tandem to thanks for posts?
FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey »

I use thank for posts, it works fine with hide bbcode. U have to install
TfP for 3.1.5 maybe?
John45

Post by John45 »

FomenkoAndrey wrote:I use thank for posts, it works fine with hide bbcode. U have to install
TfP for 3.1.5 maybe?
Already got it installed, but it doesn't work.
marcovo

Post by marcovo »

Author is still very alive, but not in the neighbourhood of internet in the previous week and upcoming weeks.

As for the issue FomenkoAndrey mentioned, this is not a bug but a feature. I copied it from the original mod, and it can be turned off by disabling the following lines in event/listener.php, by putting // in front of them:

'core.parse_attachments_modify_template_data'	=> 'check_attachment',
'core.viewtopic_modify_post_row'	=> 'viewtopic_modify_post_row',
Probably I could make an option for this inside the ACP for this in the future.
John45 wrote:How would you be able to make this compatible with advanced bbcode box?
What is it that currently is incompatible and could be made compatible?
John45 wrote:Can you also set this up to work in tandem to thanks for posts?
You mean that a hidden box can be unhidden by either posting or thanking? I've heard that before and it is in the planning, but only for the future. That is probably, some time when I have proper internet again :P .

PS: The last burden has been solved: https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/3731
As soon as another extension of mine has been accepted, I will finish this one and submit it into the customisation database. (This is to prevent making the same mistakes in both extensions..) After that I'll look into complimentary functionalities such as Thanks for Posts & ACP options & ...
John45

Post by John45 »

marcovo wrote:
John45 wrote:How would you be able to make this compatible with advanced bbcode box?
What is it that currently is incompatible and could be made compatible?
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... pic/147746

I think the above link should explain just scroll down to the last reply. ;)

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”