[ABD] Template Events Locations (for extension developers)

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
david63

Re: [3.2][RC] Template Events Locations (for extension developers)

Post by david63 »

John Rambo wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:29 am it could be useful on other things on the forum
Such as?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
John Rambo

Post by John Rambo »

david63 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:32 am
John Rambo wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:29 am it could be useful on other things on the forum
Such as?
know where I can put a code directly in the template.
martti

Post by martti »

There's still at least one template event that is not rendered properlyj. mcp_forum_actions_append is inside a <select>. Therefore it must be an <opition> element and it can't be a link or anchor <a href="URL"></a>.

The plan is to render this template event as just text [mcp_forum_actions_append] in-place inside an <option>, and to generate an extra label right after the select with the actual link to the code labelled in grey color. Just like the events inside the <head> are labelled grey to indicate that they could not be rendered in-place.
martti

Post by martti »

Also, maybe it's better to have a new name for this extension to reflect it's now also showing the PHP events. Somehting like "Show Core Events (for extension developers)".

Then I would create a new repo on Github and new topic here on phpBB.com and continue updating in the new repo. But at the same time keep the this topic and repo on Github as reference in order not to break links. (and reference to the new repo).
Dark❶
Name: Dark❶ [dark1]

Post by Dark❶ »

martti wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:06 am Also, maybe it's better to have a new name for this extension to reflect it's now also showing the PHP events. Somehting like "Show Core Events (for extension developers)".

Then I would create a new repo on Github and new topic here on phpBB.com and continue updating in the new repo. But at the same time keep the this topic and repo on Github as reference in order not to break links. (and reference to the new repo).
That would be nice. :D

My suggestion is Show phpBB Events (extension developers only) OR PHP & Template Events (extension developers only).
Since the word Core , only refers to PHP Events Only & Not Template.

BUT if u feel your's is perfect then go with it , it's your extension. ;)

Best Regards. :D
Dark❶ [dark1]
martti

Post by martti »

Ok, I like Show phpBB Events (for extension developers). Thanks.

I've read yesterday that naming things is the hardest thing in software development. (Martin Fowler said that I think)
Dark❶

Post by Dark❶ »

martti wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:21 pm Ok, I like Show phpBB Events (for extension developers). Thanks.

I've read yesterday that naming things is the hardest thing in software development. (Martin Fowler said that I think)
Nice to know that you liked my suggestion. :D

I am assuming that you will be naming the extension as Show phpBB Events Only,
& use the (for extension developers) in topic & in CDB for informative only.

BTW , I suggest you that you make a fresh start with new topic & CDB , I am guessing this is your intention.

Best regards. :D
Dark❶ [dark1]
martti

Post by martti »

CDB: I consider this extension stable but it cannot go any more far than RC because extensions for developers are not accepted. (I tried)
Can it somewhere be discussed to have extra categories in the CDB?
I would like to add:
  • extensions for developers
  • helper extensions: extensions that only exist to provide functionality for other extensions.
Dark❶

Post by Dark❶ »

martti wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 6:32 pm CDB: I consider this extension stable but it cannot go any more far than RC because extensions for developers are not accepted. (I tried)
I would like to add:
  • helper extensions: extensions that only exist to provide functionality for other extensions.
The CDB part was considering you are go'na make a RC of it. But here story is different as you said. :(

They should have made a special category for Developer's tools,
& in that all tools & extensions useful for developer be there , Like your extension as an example. :D

BTW this ext was helpful for me 10+ times , Yea! :oops: I found this ext too late :roll: , but very helpful :D , especially last table on every page. ;)
Thank you very much. :D :D :D

Best regards :D
Dark❶ [dark1]
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

martti wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 6:32 pm CDB: I consider this extension stable but it cannot go any more far than RC because extensions for developers are not accepted. (I tried)
I would like to add:
No, we will not add a category for extensions for developers. The extensions in the CDB are ment for users and are required to be stable and usable on a production forum. If you have a extensions that is targeted for developers you request to have it added here: viewtopic.php?f=461&t=2280176
martti

Post by martti »

Development of this extension will continue here under a new name: Show phpBB Events

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”