[ABD] Advanced Polls

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
tecmoworld

Re: [BETA] Advanced Polls

Post by tecmoworld » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:01 pm

This is a really good extension, thank you.

I've read through the thread and don't see anyone asking, and thought I would.

Would it be possible instead of showing who voted what, just show a list of who voted at the bottom. This way someone can still see who voted but without seeing what they voted?

Korkel
Name: Liz Aalderink

Post by Korkel » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:15 pm

In the Dutch language file I've editted a translation:
advancedpolls.php

Code: Select all

'AP_POLL_VOTES_ARE_VISIBLE'                => 'Denk eraan dat wanneer u stemt uw stem zichbaar wordt.', 
Also I suggest to use peiling in stand of poll in the Dutch language.
"If you lose your left arm, your right arm will be left."
“The most important property of a program is whether it accomplishes the intention of its user.”

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:22 pm

tecmoworld wrote:Would it be possible instead of showing who voted what, just show a list of who voted at the bottom. This way someone can still see who voted but without seeing what they voted?
It would be possible, yes.
But I am not quite sure if it is good to add too much options that you can choose for every poll. That's just confusing for users creating a poll.
I could think of a simple ACP setting maybe.
Hmh. Difficult to decide.
Korkel wrote:In the Dutch language file I've editted a translation:
Also I suggest to use peiling in stand of poll in the Dutch language.
You should talk with Beun12 (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1466206) about the dutch translation. He has done the original one, and I don't want people to fight about translations :D
Also the two new lines are still missing in dutch.
EDIT:// I just got the new dutch translation, and it uses "peiling" :P
So I will include that.
If you have a specific extension request and you are willing to pay for, you can write me a PM.
My extensions (Trending: @Mention SystemAdvanced PollsUser Online Time)

»Du kamst zu uns. Deine Stimme kam. Du zeigtest uns die Sterne. Sie funkelten. Wir konnten sehen.«

Korkel
Name: Liz Aalderink

Post by Korkel » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:39 pm

Haha thanks sadly I can't contact him. :cry:
"If you lose your left arm, your right arm will be left."
“The most important property of a program is whether it accomplishes the intention of its user.”

leschek

Post by leschek » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:57 pm

Thanks for the update. Maybe I found a small bug, but it could be feature. When I (as admin) edit already existing topic to add poll it seems that default options (from ACP) are not mirrored in the poll editor (they are unticked). When I create new topic, everything is OK.

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:12 am

leschek wrote:Maybe I found a small bug, but it could be feature. When I (as admin) edit already existing topic to add poll it seems that default options (from ACP) are not mirrored in the poll editor (they are unticked). When I create new topic, everything is OK.
This is a bug, and I think I even know why it exists :D
I have opened an issue for that: https://github.com/Wolfsblvt/advancedpolls/issues/23

I think when adding a poll for a topic without a poll the default options should be used every time.
If you have a specific extension request and you are willing to pay for, you can write me a PM.

»Du kamst zu uns. Deine Stimme kam. Du zeigtest uns die Sterne. Sie funkelten. Wir konnten sehen.«

javiexin
Code Contributor
Name: Javier

Post by javiexin » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:41 pm

One comment on permissions.

For me, it does not make too much sense that some user is not able to view poll voters, and however, they are able to create a poll choosing the visibility of poll voters. I think this option (show poll voters) should be hidden for users that do not have permissions to view poll voters, and it should use the site default, set in the ACP, for such cases.

Opinions?
-javiexin

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:23 pm

Whoever has the opinion to create polls, should be able to create polls with all its features.
For me, it should not be bound to the permissions if you really can see the voters later.

lolas

Post by lolas » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:41 pm

Hi all

and thank you Wolfsblvt for this great extension.

I do not know if this is a bug since i am a noob but i will inform you anyway.

I have the version 1.0.1 installed and today i realized that the current version is 1.1.0-b1

So ,shouldn't i have been informed for the version change from the ACP in order to upgrade ?

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards,
lolas

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:47 pm

lolas wrote:So ,shouldn't i have been informed for the version change from the ACP in order to upgrade ?
Yes, you should, that is true.
I am not quite sure why this is happening though. Maybe the reason is that this beta versions are not considered as "stable releases".

lolas

Post by lolas » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:27 pm

I see and i thought so too.

Thank you for answering.

Regards
lolas.

Pernod70
Name: Nigel Barnes

Post by Pernod70 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:45 pm

Are you taking requests for features to add to this? If yes then I'd like an option to make a poll 'featured', and any featured polls would then be shown on the index page.
This would be an ACP page that lists all polls in the forum and each can be selected as featured or not.

If not appropriate for this extension then I'll consider developing a separate one for this.

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Fri May 01, 2015 9:53 pm

Pernod70 wrote:If not appropriate for this extension then I'll consider developing a separate one for this.
I think there is a portal module for that. Then it will be displayed on the portal.

I don't like adding boxes/too much information for the index. So maybe this should be an external modification, or as I said, the portal.

Mauron

Re: Poll duration in hours

Post by Mauron » Wed May 06, 2015 5:40 pm

Hello,
I repost my feature request for this extension.
Mauron wrote:Hi Wolfsblvt,
I wonder if you could add in your extension an option to set the duration of polls in hours; as far as I know, the day option has to be an integer so you cannot put 0,5 to let it expire in 12 hours, for example.

javiexin
Code Contributor
Name: Javier

Post by javiexin » Wed May 06, 2015 7:12 pm

We have added an option to specify the exact date and time when the poll ends, so that covers your request.

Wait for more news briefly :mrgreen:
-javiexin

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”