[ABD] Advanced Polls

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
promod

Re: [BETA] Advanced Polls

Post by promod » Fri May 08, 2015 11:17 am

Can you add the selection of multiple options by a user for the poll.

Also way to disable- Ability to mark a poll as "I don't want to vote" so you can directly see the results

javiexin
Code Contributor
Name: Javier

Post by javiexin » Fri May 08, 2015 11:23 am

promod wrote:Can you add the selection of multiple options by a user for the poll.
Please, elaborate. If I understand it right, this is default behavior of polls in phpbb, you may define how many options a user may select in a specific poll. If it is not this, please, explain better what you want and why (an example use case is best).
promod wrote:Also way to disable- Ability to mark a poll as "I don't want to vote" so you can directly see the results
Yes, this is already in the published version, as "hide results". Again, if this is not exactly what you need/want, please elaborate, and provide a use case/example.

Regards,
-javiexin

promod

Post by promod » Fri May 08, 2015 11:33 am

Ability for users to select multiple answers and vote i.e if the options give are

1. asd
2. asdf
3. test
4. aha?

an option for selecting more than 1 answer and vote.

I don't want to give the option for users to see the results without voting

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Fri May 08, 2015 11:52 am

The first request is part of the standard phpbb poll functionality.

Besides that, we will be adding the possibility not only to vote on multiple options, but to assign multiple votes to the SAME option (to give different POINTS to different options).

On the other, this is already included in the current version of the extension, it is called "hidden" poll. Nobody can see the results until the poll has ended.

-javiexin

Elandiar

Post by Elandiar » Sat May 09, 2015 12:49 pm

javiexin wrote: Besides that, we will be adding the possibility not only to vote on multiple options, but to assign multiple votes to the SAME option (to give different POINTS to different options).
Sounds great. I'm really looking forward to this. I've been searching a long time for exactly a feature like this. :)

denis4o

Post by denis4o » Tue May 12, 2015 8:10 am

Hi I believe your ext doesn't work with the current version of phpBB 3.1.4.

Here is what I get:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Syntax' with message 'Unexpected end of template in "posting_poll_body.html" at line 54' in /home/ladaclub/public_html/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/TokenStream.php:60 Stack trace: #0 /home/ladaclub/public_html/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/TokenParser/If.php(47): Twig_TokenStream->next() #1 /home/ladaclub/public_html/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Parser.php(191): Twig_TokenParser_If->parse(Object(Twig_Token)) #2 /home/ladaclub/public_html/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Parser.php(99): Twig_Parser->subparse(NULL, false) #3 /home/ladaclub/public_html/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(479): Twig_Parser->parse(Object(Twig_TokenStream)) #4 /home/ladaclub/public_html/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(529): Twig_Environment->parse(Object(Twig_TokenStream)) #5 /home/ladaclub/public_html/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(323): Twig_Environment->compileSource('<div class="pan...', 'posting_poll_bo...') #6 /home/ladaclub/public_html/forum/p in /home/ladaclub/public_html/forum/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/TokenStream.php on line 60
Even after removing <!-- EVENT posting_poll_body_options_after --> from posting_poll_body.html and disabling the extension I get the same error.

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Tue May 12, 2015 8:38 am

Your posting_poll_body.html file is damaged, it is missing an <!-- ENDIF -->.

Replace with a correct one, and it will work.
-javiexin

denis4o

Post by denis4o » Tue May 12, 2015 8:59 am

Seems like the issue was with the merging of the new file from 3.1.4 and the old modified one from 3.1.3. Replacing it with a fresh copy of the 3.1.4. version did the trick.

Thanks a lot.

Mauron

Post by Mauron » Tue May 12, 2015 5:17 pm

Hello,
I appreciate the absolute date/time termination for polls, even though I'd prefer a relative duration expressable in hours; well, I'll stick with it anyway, thank you.

P.S.: PR for Italian translation pending.

sidelong

Post by sidelong » Fri May 29, 2015 11:20 am

Thanks for the great extension, much appreciated!

We are using it for voting in a school environment for elections of student representatives. In this scenario, it would be great for a user_group to be able to see poll results (eg moderators -> staff) but never the students.

In addition, we don't really need to know who voted for what (that can remain anonymous) but it is important to make sure ALL students have voted so we need a function to show all students who did NOT vote in a particular poll.

Just thought I would mention these two possible feature creeps in case they would add value for anyone else.

If I get time I may add them myself.

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Fri May 29, 2015 11:35 am

Hello,

If I understand it right, the first feature is included in the next forthcoming version of the extension.
However, one clarification question: do you need that the results are not visible (for students) EVEN IF THE POLL HAS ENDED? Because this is not the case now, but might be possible to implement.

The second one (who did NOT vote) is not, and I doubt we will implement it, as it would be rarely used.

-javiexin

Mauron

Post by Mauron » Fri May 29, 2015 12:44 pm

I'd use the check about the ones having right to vote to make the poll automatically close; i think it would be useful in some environments.

Edit: nevermind, I misunderstood.

koraldon

Post by koraldon » Fri May 29, 2015 6:58 pm

Hi,
it seems a lot of improvements were made since 1.1.0b1, any ETA on new beta / RC?

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Fri May 29, 2015 10:05 pm

koraldon wrote:it seems a lot of improvements were made since 1.1.0b1, any ETA on new beta / RC?
Yes, a lot of new functionality included. But because of that, we need some changes in the core, that will (most likely) be included in 3.1.5, so we will have to wait until it is released.

Regards,
-javiexin

aurquiel

Post by aurquiel » Sun May 31, 2015 10:34 pm

hello i got this in mode debug

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/wolfsblvt/advancedpolls/core/advancedpolls.php on line 163: Undefined index: S_POLL_VOTE_CHANGE

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”