[ABD] Advanced Polls

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
leschek

Re: [BETA] Advanced Polls

Post by leschek »

Useful extension, but it seems that it breaks the board layout a bit, when user makes browser window smaller. Here is screenshot:
(for some reason I'm not able to display here on phpbb.com images from phpBB Gallery MOD, so please, click on the link)
Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt »

Yes, this is known.
It is an issue of the prosilver style though, make the window even smaller and you well see that "allow re-voting" has the same thing there.
I don't know how this can be solved, cause the html element doesn't break automatically.

I have created an issue an issue on GitHub though, you can follow there: https://github.com/Wolfsblvt/advancedpolls/issues/2
If you have a specific extension request and you are willing to pay for, you can write me a PM.
My extensions (Trending: @Mention SystemAdvanced PollsUser Online Time)

»Du kamst zu uns. Deine Stimme kam. Du zeigtest uns die Sterne. Sie funkelten. Wir konnten sehen.«
leschek

Post by leschek »

Thank you for answer.
Wolfsblvt wrote:It is an issue of the prosilver style though, make the window even smaller and you well see that "allow re-voting" has the same thing there.
I tried it and when I disable your extension, everything seems to be OK (it breaks the "allow re-voting" line as it should):
Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt »

leschek wrote:I tried it and when I disable your extension, everything seems to be OK (it breaks the "allow re-voting" line as it should):
That's strange. Thank you for this, then I'll have to look into it.
If you have a specific extension request and you are willing to pay for, you can write me a PM.

»Du kamst zu uns. Deine Stimme kam. Du zeigtest uns die Sterne. Sie funkelten. Wir konnten sehen.«
Holger

Post by Holger »

It seems to be the upper line that "breaks"/widens the container and allows the text to flow out of the box.
mr.ruf
Name: Harold

Post by mr.ruf »

nice extension !!! :D
Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt »

Version: 1.0.1
Extension Download: wolfsblvt.advancedpolls.zip

Changelog:

Code: Select all

-- Version 1.0.1 --------------
	• Included spanish, french and swedish translation
	• Fixed clipping issue in options on small resolution
	• Typo in language files

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Niknovel wrote:For variety you can add a class - http://www.electric-house.ru/forum/view ... =91&t=4692
The Find for viewtopic_body is different in 3.1 than 3.0. The code you posted matches 3.0, not 3.1.

I tried adjusting the code a bit so that this css mod would work in 3.1, but so far no luck
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
leschek

Post by leschek »

Thank you for the update.

In composer.json file is written "version": "1.0.0",. Is it just a small omission or the download package isn't updated, because I still have problem with the following:
Wolfsblvt wrote:Fixed clipping issue in options on small resolution
It seems almost OK in IE11 (writing almost because there is small problem with word on end of the line - it write 1 letter on line 1 and rest of the word on next line - hope it make sense)

I can still see the problem in FF. I can post screenshots if you need.
Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt »

I don't know why the download linked to the old file :-/
Can you test it again maybe? The download should now be the latest version, so 1.0.1 and the version number in composer.json should fit.
The fix is included there.

leschek

Post by leschek »

Wolfsblvt wrote:Can you test it again maybe?
The issue is fixed. Thank you very much.
leschek

Post by leschek »

Sorry again. Seems like I found a kind of privacy issue:
On testing board I created poll with hidden votes. Than I just vote in it and my vote was hidden as it should be. Than I change my mind and edit the poll with option "Show poll voters" and my name was shown on poll. While no one else vote there (it's testing board) I think I would be able to see other names too if someone else vote in that poll. What I don't like is that users believe they vote anonymously, but later it could be changed to see how each user voted (and it could be hidden again, so they wouldn't know that someone see their names).
I think the extension should block the option "Show poll voters" once the poll is posted with this option disabled.
Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt »

leschek wrote:Sorry again. Seems like I found a kind of privacy issue:
On testing board I created poll with hidden votes. Than I just vote in it and my vote was hidden as it should be. Than I change my mind and edit the poll with option "Show poll voters" and my name was shown on poll. While no one else vote there (it's testing board) I think I would be able to see other names too if someone else vote in that poll. What I don't like is that users believe they vote anonymously, but later it could be changed to see how each user voted (and it could be hidden again, so they wouldn't know that someone see their names).
I think the extension should block the option "Show poll voters" once the poll is posted with this option disabled.
When the votes are hidden, the voters shouldn't be shown until the poll ends. Are you sure that your name was shown? I'll have to check that.

For the information of the user: When you enabled the option to show poll voters, it is very clearly written on top of the poll, so users know that their vote will be visible, when the poll has ended.

leschek

Post by leschek »

Wolfsblvt wrote:When the votes are hidden, the voters shouldn't be shown until the poll ends. Are you sure that your name was shown?
Here is what I did:
Create poll with option "Hide votes"
Vote in poll. My vote was hidden.
Edit post with poll and disable "Hide votes" and enable "Show poll voters".
After that I can see my name in poll.
I was able to replicate it in another testing poll.
Wolfsblvt wrote:For the information of the user: When you enabled the option to show poll voters, it is very clearly written on top of the poll, so users know that their vote will be visible, when the poll has ended.
Yes it is, but problem is if they vote before someone edit the post (if they sent vote when votes are hidden) they believe that they vote anonymously and then someone edit the post to "Show poll voters" and their names are visible.
Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt »

Ah, now I get what you mean.
Of course the username is visible then. You have deactivated "Hide votes", so the votes are shown, and also the voters then.

If a moderator or the user who has created the poll changes the poll settings, then it is... lets say "their fault".
What do you want to happen then otherwise? "Show poll voters" shows all voters of course, that is the whole sense of this function.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”