[ABD] Advanced Polls

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
leschek

Re: [BETA] Advanced Polls

Post by leschek » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:55 pm

Well, I'm not against to "Show poll voters" option. As I wrote before I think the extension should block the option "Show poll voters" once the poll is posted with this option disabled, so no one could enable it later. When it is enabled in the beginning of poll, users know, that their names will be visible, if they vote in poll. What I don't like is that someone can change it later and users don't have chance to do anything about it.

Maybe there could be option "Always hide my name" user can enable when they vote.

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:19 pm

leschek wrote:Well, I'm not against to "Show poll voters" option. As I wrote before I think the extension should block the option "Show poll voters" once the poll is posted with this option disabled, so no one could enable it later. When it is enabled in the beginning of poll, users know, that their names will be visible, if they vote in poll. What I don't like is that someone can change it later and users don't have chance to do anything about it.

Maybe there could be option "Always hide my name" user can enable when they vote.
Hm.
I don't know what the best solution for this would be. This is a privacy issue, I agree, and it depends on the person who created the poll and can modify it.

I don't like the idea of limiting it. That mean you have no chance to activate it in polls you created in the past.
If you have a specific extension request and you are willing to pay for, you can write me a PM.
My extensions (Trending: @Mention SystemAdvanced PollsUser Online Time)

»Du kamst zu uns. Deine Stimme kam. Du zeigtest uns die Sterne. Sie funkelten. Wir konnten sehen.«

leschek

Post by leschek » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:44 pm

Wolfsblvt wrote:I don't like the idea of limiting it. That mean you have no chance to activate it in polls you created in the past.
Well, I certainly hope that no one will enable it in polls where I voted in past.
I don't like the idea of me voting in anonymous poll and then if someone change mind my name would be visible under vote I did.

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:49 pm

leschek wrote:Well, I certainly hope that no one will enable it in polls where I voted in past.
I don't like the idea of me voting in anonymous poll and then if someone change mind my name would be visible under vote I did.
I understand that you don't like it. But others may will. If you are not the only one, I may will include an ACP option for that.
Otherwise you can deactivate the "show poll voters" option in your forum.

I am currently working on other extensions and haven't planned adding new features to this :-/
If you have a specific extension request and you are willing to pay for, you can write me a PM.

»Du kamst zu uns. Deine Stimme kam. Du zeigtest uns die Sterne. Sie funkelten. Wir konnten sehen.«

leschek

Post by leschek » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:53 pm

OK.
Thank you for your useful extensions.

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:23 pm

leschek wrote:OK.
Thank you for your useful extensions.
For yourself I can give you a quick "Quik'n'dirty" solution, if you want (:

Go into core\advancedpolls.php line 103
Here: https://github.com/Wolfsblvt/advancedpo ... s.php#L103

And insert BEFORE the $default = line this code:

Code: Select all

// Skip show poll voters if thread was already created
            if ($post_data['post_time'] > 0 && $option == 'wolfsblvt_poll_voters_show')
            {
                continue;
            }
This will not show the option for show poll voters when editing the post.

leschek

Post by leschek » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:14 am

Thank you. It's working.

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:49 am

leschek wrote:Thank you. It's working.
So does this fix your specific need?
In this case it would be fine for me (:

leschek

Post by leschek » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:13 am

Yes, it fix it. Thank you.

draky
Name: Gilles W.

Post by draky » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:18 am

Maybe an option un UCP : hide my vote even if admin want people to let people see who voted.

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:13 pm

draky wrote:Maybe an option un UCP : hide my vote even if admin want people to let people see who voted.
I have thought about this while doing the extension, and I decided to don't include this. That would mean that most of the users would activate this option and the whole feature is useless.

Chouf

Post by Chouf » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:19 pm

What you say is "thank you" iso of rolling eyes about a stupid link. :roll: :roll:

draky
Name: Gilles W.

Post by draky » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:39 pm

Put the real link instead of hiding it behind an UR shortener and I'll thank you :)

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:25 pm

I can't enable the extension, this is the error I'm getting:
Something went wrong during the request and an exception was thrown. The changes made before the error occurred were reversed to the best of our abilities, but you should check the board for errors.

The permission role "ROLE_USER_FULL" unexpectedly does not exist.
Any idea how to fix this? Thanks for your work!

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:06 pm

This is a default role of phpBB, wich my extension uses for the new permission.
Have you deleted it maybe?
This rule should exist for the migration file.

Best would be to check why the role is missing in your installation.
You could also delete the permission for this role in the permission file, wich would be a workaround.
Go to ext\wolfsblvt\advancedpolls\migrations\v1_1_0_step1_data_permissions.php and delete this whole line:

array('permission.permission_set', array('ROLE_USER_FULL', 'u_see_voters')), 
and this line:

array('permission.permission_unset', array('ROLE_USER_FULL', 'u_see_voters')), 

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”