[ABD] @Mention System

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
MattF
Extensions Development Coordinator
Name: Matt Friedman

Re: [DEV] @Mention System

Post by MattF »

Wolfsblvt wrote:Is this really needed? I mean I could add this to the version number, but I thought the tag for the topic here would be enough.
but yeah, wouldn't be a problem. The next one would be 1.1.0-dev then.
Technically calling it 1.0.0 means it is a stable release, and there really is no where to go but up from there. It's usually better to follow a traditional 1.0.0-dev -> 1.0.0-b1 -> 1.0.0 trajectory during development.
Formerly known as VSEMy ExtensionsPlease do not PM me for support.
Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt »

VSE wrote:Technically calling it 1.0.0 means it is a stable release, and there really is no where to go but up from there. It's usually better to follow a traditional 1.0.0-dev -> 1.0.0-b1 -> 1.0.0 trajectory during development.
Okay, good.
And what if i want to separate between dev versions to show it has improved a or additional Features are added?
Would the usual way be to just keep the name 1.0.0-dev? Or is it okay to go from 1.0.0-dev directly to 1.1.0-dev for example?
If you have a specific extension request and you are willing to pay for, you can write me a PM.
My extensions (Trending: @Mention SystemAdvanced PollsUser Online Time)

»Du kamst zu uns. Deine Stimme kam. Du zeigtest uns die Sterne. Sie funkelten. Wir konnten sehen.«
MattF
Name: Matt Friedman

Post by MattF »

Wolfsblvt wrote:
VSE wrote:Technically calling it 1.0.0 means it is a stable release, and there really is no where to go but up from there. It's usually better to follow a traditional 1.0.0-dev -> 1.0.0-b1 -> 1.0.0 trajectory during development.
Okay, good.
And what if i want to separate between dev versions to show it has improved a or additional Features are added?
Would the usual way be to just keep the name 1.0.0-dev? Or is it okay to go from 1.0.0-dev directly to 1.1.0-dev for example?
You would do:
1.0.0-dev1
1.0.0-dev2
1.0.0-a1
1.0.0-a2
1.0.0-b1
1.0.0-RC1
1.0.0-RC2
1.0.0 <-- actual stable version release.
Then you could start down the 1.0.1 and 1.1.0 path from there.
Formerly known as VSEMy ExtensionsPlease do not PM me for support.
mhaegele

Post by mhaegele »

Awesome extension. My forum has 100k+ registered users, with thousands of them actively daily, so I'll have to wait for a more stable release before implementing it. I really like the options to disable things like auto-suggest which would slow things down a lot.
ForoXL

Post by ForoXL »

mhaegele wrote:Awesome extension. My forum has 100k+ registered users, with thousands of them actively daily, so I'll have to wait for a more stable release before implementing it. I really like the options to disable things like auto-suggest which would slow things down a lot.
+1
http://www.ForoXL.com - Foro dedicado a temas generales
bimbargo

Post by bimbargo »

After I enabled the extension on the index page I received this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 90 bytes) in /home/flowersn/public_html/testforum/phpbb/db/driver/mysql.php on line 260

My board is 16 500 users, 750 000 posts, 12 500 topics.
Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt »

bimbargo wrote:After I enabled the extension on the index page I received this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 90 bytes) in /home/flowersn/public_html/testforum/phpbb/db/driver/mysql.php on line 260

My board is 16 500 users, 750 000 posts, 12 500 topics.
Seems to be in line with the perfomance issues. Reason is that too much data is saved/queried, I would say.
If you have a specific extension request and you are willing to pay for, you can write me a PM.

»Du kamst zu uns. Deine Stimme kam. Du zeigtest uns die Sterne. Sie funkelten. Wir konnten sehen.«
bimbargo

Post by bimbargo »

After I deactivated the extension It's OK again. I don't know why this happened. It's the same with Reputation system.
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

"PR" Spanish translation ready. ;)
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

Volksdevil
Name: Neil

Post by Volksdevil »

Just gone to edit my signature on my board and both the header and footer looked funky!

Noticed this in console:
Uncaught ReferenceError: wolfsblvt_mentions_json_data is not defined
ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=signature:59

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'mentions_json_data' of undefined
Just in case you didn't already know about it. :)
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from Image KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Mixer | My Volkswagen Corrado G60
Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt »

Volksdevil wrote:Just in case you didn't already know about it. :)
I did not. So good you reported that.
I know the reason for this error though. So will be fixed.
Follow here: https://github.com/Wolfsblvt/mentions/issues/14

Volksdevil
Name: Neil

Post by Volksdevil »

Great stuff, glad to help where I can. Only wish I understood more, so I could really help!
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from Image KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Mixer | My Volkswagen Corrado G60
Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt »

Volksdevil wrote:Great stuff, glad to help where I can. Only wish I understood more, so I could really help!
You can help me a lot.
By testing every version I'll release as intensively as you have done with this one (:

Silvor

Post by Silvor »

Like the idea of this but my PHP version is only 5.3.25 so can't use at the moment :cry:
lil!devil!

Post by lil!devil! »

I edited a post made by another member and included a mention in the "@" form. After confirming, the topic refused to load. This was not just for me, but for all users. I disabled the extension and the topic loads, with all the edits made. There was no error, and it was just this one particular topic (not a necessarily large one either).

Just letting you know, I'm not sure what good my description of a problem can do without any sort of error code, but when the topic stopped trying to load I just got a blank screen.

I am using phpBB 3.1.2 - I am also using a theme called "Subway" if that gives you anything.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”