[ABD] @Mention System

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
LawlyPops Inc

Re: [DEV] @Mention System

Post by LawlyPops Inc » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:49 am

Wolfsblvt wrote:
LawlyPops Inc wrote:is it ment to display the color if i was to type like Hello Username how r u and have username in the color and link?
The color is not displayed in the post editor, just in the post after you have sended it.

thepokemonforum

Only works if i put the bbcoce below or if i do @Lawlypops

Code: Select all

[mention="LawlyPops"]LawlyPops[/mention]

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:57 am

LawlyPops Inc wrote:Only works if i put the bbcoce below or if i do @Lawlypops
Ah, then you maybe misunderstood the option or this extension.
The username is only colored, when it is used as a mention, so witch @Username or one of the two BBCodes.
If you have a specific extension request and you are willing to pay for, you can write me a PM.
My extensions (Trending: @Mention SystemAdvanced PollsUser Online Time)

»Du kamst zu uns. Deine Stimme kam. Du zeigtest uns die Sterne. Sie funkelten. Wir konnten sehen.«

LawlyPops Inc

Post by LawlyPops Inc » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:08 pm

Wolfsblvt wrote:
LawlyPops Inc wrote:Only works if i put the bbcoce below or if i do @Lawlypops
Ah, then you maybe misunderstood the option or this extension.
The username is only colored, when it is used as a mention, so witch @Username or one of the two BBCodes.
Maybe the wording of that part shuld be a bit clearer is there a way to hide the @ like u can the avatar

also if you have to have the @ whats the differnce of these 2 settings

Activate @ mention option:
Activate the possibility to mentions users by simply typing "@", followed by the username.

Replace Mentions in Text:
If enabled, mentions in the text will be replaced with the username link in the correct color.

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:36 pm

LawlyPops Inc wrote:Maybe the wording of that part shuld be a bit clearer is there a way to hide the @ like u can the avatar
What is unclear with the wording? It only colors mentions, so the three versions how you can mention a user. That's what this extension does :D
LawlyPops Inc wrote:also if you have to have the @ whats the differnce of these 2 settings

Activate the possibility to mentions users by simply typing "@", followed by the username.

If enabled, mentions in the text will be replaced with the username link in the correct color.
First one activates the possibility to mention users with the @. If you deactivate it, you can only mention other users with the [mention] bbcodes then.
Second one has nothing to do with the notification for the mention. This will work no matter. But you can change if the mentions should be displayed in the post when viewing the post.
If you have a specific extension request and you are willing to pay for, you can write me a PM.

»Du kamst zu uns. Deine Stimme kam. Du zeigtest uns die Sterne. Sie funkelten. Wir konnten sehen.«

LawlyPops Inc

Post by LawlyPops Inc » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:00 pm

Wolfsblvt wrote:
LawlyPops Inc wrote:Maybe the wording of that part shuld be a bit clearer is there a way to hide the @ like u can the avatar
What is unclear with the wording? It only colors mentions, so the three versions how you can mention a user. That's what this extension does :D
LawlyPops Inc wrote:also if you have to have the @ whats the differnce of these 2 settings

First one activates the possibility to mention users with the @. If you deactivate it, you can only mention other users with the [mention] bbcodes then.
Second one has nothing to do with the notification for the mention. This will work no matter. But you can change if the mentions should be displayed in the post when viewing the post.
is there a way to hide the @ like u can the avatar as i dont like the @ displayed but doing the bbcode is to long

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:04 pm

LawlyPops Inc wrote:is there a way to hide the @ like u can the avatar as i dont like the @ displayed but doing the bbcode is to long
At the moment, no. But it could be possible.
If others are interested, I may include this.

Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:09 pm

Shalashaska wrote:
Shalashaska wrote:As soon as I enable this extension, my board fails to load. There is no error shown. Just blank page. ACP still works so I'm able to disable it to have my board working again. What could be the problem?
Anyone got any ideas what may be causing this?
Guys, can anyone help me out here? I get a plain blank page right after I enable the ext. No errors displayed. Forum fails to load unless ext disabled.

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:20 pm

Shalashaska wrote:Guys, can anyone help me out here? I get a plain blank page right after I enable the ext. No errors displayed. Forum fails to load unless ext disabled.
Yes.
I have given advices many times in this thread :P

Try the following steps:
  1. Go to ACP and set default value of "Minimum posts to be mentionable" to 1
  2. Enable debug options in your config.php file to get the error if there is one
  3. try disable parsing of mentions on post display
If you get any error message, please tell me

LawlyPops Inc

Post by LawlyPops Inc » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:22 pm

Wolfsblvt wrote:
LawlyPops Inc wrote:is there a way to hide the @ like u can the avatar as i dont like the @ displayed but doing the bbcode is to long
At the moment, no. But it could be possible.
If others are interested, I may include this.
If there is a way for me to just remove it by hard code i wouldnt mind that eather :)

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:08 pm

LawlyPops Inc wrote:If there is a way for me to just remove it by hard code i wouldnt mind that eather :)
There could be one.
Try this:

Go to core\parser.php to line 106
Replace

case mentions::MENTION_AT:
                        break;
with

$len_before = 1; // removes the @
                        break;

LawlyPops Inc

Post by LawlyPops Inc » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:31 pm

Wolfsblvt wrote:
LawlyPops Inc wrote:If there is a way for me to just remove it by hard code i wouldnt mind that eather :)
There could be one.
Try this:

Go to core\parser.php to line 106
Replace

break; 
with

$len_before = 1; // removes the @
                        break; 

Thanks works perfactly :)

jimi007

Post by jimi007 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:17 pm

when I type "here we go @jamil" and enabled "Replace Mentions in Text:" then its converted to code like see
http://pastebin.com/65U1r49y

Wolfsblvt

Post by Wolfsblvt » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:04 pm

jimi007 wrote:when I type "here we go @jamil" and enabled "Replace Mentions in Text:" then its converted to code like see
http://pastebin.com/65U1r49y
Created an issue for that: https://github.com/Wolfsblvt/mentions/issues/22

Cooper_si
Name: Simon

Post by Cooper_si » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:23 am

From what i can see so far, this works spot on for 3.1.3 with a non standard responsive theme. I changed the php version to 5.3.3 as suggested before, and also the small mod to loose the @ symbol before the userrname. Good stuff :D

http://fullonminis.co.uk/forum/index.php
MINI Club for the North East, UK
FULLONMINIs.co.uk

Cooper_si
Name: Simon

Post by Cooper_si » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:35 pm

i spoke too soon lol

I have gallery mod installed, and when i try and view an album with pictures, i get the following...

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/wolfsblvt/mentions/core/mentions.php on line 480: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(./../../../ext/wolfsblvt/mentions/styles/Subway/theme/images/no_avatar.gif) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/fullonminis.co.uk/:/tmp/)

It repeats the above line quite a few times ending with

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)

Never did that before the mention mod
MINI Club for the North East, UK
FULLONMINIs.co.uk

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”