[ABD] Akismet Anti-Spam

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Puchahawa
Name: Randy

Re: [BETA] Akismet Anti-Spam

Post by Puchahawa »

Lady_G wrote:
gothick wrote:
GoBieN wrote:On phpBB 3.0 I used the popular AntispamACP mod, which added Akismet support like your extension, but also checked IP addresses & e-mail addresses on StopForumSpam on registration. But I guess that's outside the scope ;)
I'd probably prefer to have StopForumSpam in a separate extension, so people could mix and match. I don't *think* it'll cause too many problems to do it like that, though it may depend on the extension authors co-operating a bit. I already use my own GeoModerate extension (which just moderates posts from certain countries based on IP) alongside this Akismet extension, and I've not seen any issues...

Cheers,

Matt
I would be interested in a StopForumSpam extension that works at registration.
For those that are interested a StopForumSpam extension is being done. It's been submitted by
RMcGirr83 on 2015-06-07. Just a matter of time for validation. :) Last time I looked it worked for registration and guest posting.
Last edited by Puchahawa on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoBieN

Post by GoBieN »

I'm already testing the SFS plugin, and it's simple and good.
I'm almost covered now, just waiting on akismet post scanning for newly registered users, but only for users with postcount below x. This to avoid all the false positives and the load to Akismet.

Then I'll have:
- Questions captcha
- StopForumSpam plugin to stop the registration proces for spammers
- Akismet scanning of posts for user below x posts
- Banhammer for quick action on spammers

gothick
Name: Matt Gibson

Post by gothick »

GoBieN wrote:Any news on the further development?
This was firmly placed on my back burner as I got a pretty hectic contract job for a few months. I've just changed to one that should allow a little more spare time development, so I'll be picking things back up soon, probably the beginning of July at the latest. (Though partly it depends on how good or bad the UK weather is--I'm not going to sit indoors coding all summer if it's lovely outside!)

Matt

GoBieN

Post by GoBieN »

Ofcourse you can take all the time you need, it's your goodwill that we depend on. Thanks for the update.

Lady_G

Post by Lady_G »

Puchahawa wrote:...For those that are interested a StopForumSpam extension is being done. It's been submitted by
RMcGirr83 on 2015-06-07. Just a matter of time for validation. :) Last time I looked it worked for registration and guest posting.
Thank you very much! I did not know of the [RC] Stop Forum Spam development. I'll follow-up in that thread.

svennson

Post by svennson »

Thx for this extension will try this :)

gothick
Name: Matt Gibson

Post by gothick »

v0.1.4 released with Arabic translations (thanks alhitary!)

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: [ABD] Akismet Anti-Spam

Post by Paul »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the extension author has not been active recently. If the extension author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the Extensions Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this extension, or any other extension that is marked as “abandoned” or “in development”, on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Extensions Team
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”