[ABD] Caramel: Virtual Cash

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
Innavigable
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:06 pm

[ABD] Caramel: Virtual Cash

Post by Innavigable » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:43 pm

Extension Name: Caramel: Virtual Cash
Author: Forum Promotion Development Team

Extension Description: Adds a virtual cash system to your board.
Extension Version: 0.0.1 (BETA)

Features:
  • ACP-configurable cash system that allows users to earn and exchange points.
  • Increments can currently be configured for new topics and posts.
  • Allows configuration of cash increments for individual forums.
  • Allows users to donate cash to other users. (links not yet available in profile)
  • MCP module for Managing User Cash.
  • UCP Donation Logs
  • Can earn points for each day that they visit (login increment).
  • (future) Configuration for increments on edits, reporting posts, poll creation, attachments, number of words in posts, and poll voting.
  • Configurable random bonus increments, with toggleable notifications.
  • Tip button on posts, allowing users to quickly donate to one another.
  • (future) Configurable tax on donations.
In the future, we also plan on pushing out separate Shop and Lottery extensions.

Bitbucket Repo: https://bitbucket.org/forumpromotion/caramel
(We welcome pull requests and additions to the Issue Tracker! :))

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/0nIaH

Extension Download:
Download BETA Release
Download contents of develop branch (buggy)

Please note that the alpha version likely contains some bugs and using it on a production board is discouraged.
Last edited by Innavigable on Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ascareus
Registered User
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:45 pm

Re: [DEV] Caramel: Virtual Cash

Post by Ascareus » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:31 am

YAY...!
A very good ext
hope you can make it true

User avatar
aldink
Registered User
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 7:32 pm
Location: Dortmund
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Caramel: Virtual Cash

Post by aldink » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:09 am

A good extension ... It will be amazing if you can add points for attachments... If someone is creating new topic and add attachment, he can put a price for downloading the attachment and maybe in the future to by compatible with a paypal donation system.. Someone donate 5 euro .. get 5 points... :D
phpBBadvanced.com - phpBB templates. 3.0.12 Zaroon (need forum account to download.)

Innavigable
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:06 pm

Re: [DEV] Caramel: Virtual Cash

Post by Innavigable » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:25 am

aldink wrote:A good extension ... It will be amazing if you can add points for attachments... If someone is creating new topic and add attachment, he can put a price for downloading the attachment and maybe in the future to by compatible with a paypal donation system.. Someone donate 5 euro .. get 5 points... :D
Awesome idea! I've added it to the Issue Tracker.

User avatar
Ephemeraboy
Registered User
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Bandung Kota Hujan
Name: Bernando Bona Tius Sianipar
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Caramel: Virtual Cash

Post by Ephemeraboy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:19 pm

How about implementing some great stuff
from this superb
https://brivium.com/resources/credits-premium.36/
My diary, my notepad, and my life on
http://www.bonatius.com
My online shop at
http://www.nefara.com

Innavigable
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:06 pm

Re: [DEV] Caramel: Virtual Cash

Post by Innavigable » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:24 pm

Ephemeraboy wrote:How about implementing some great stuff
from this superb
https://brivium.com/resources/credits-premium.36/
Huh, it might be difficult to work on multiple currencies at this point, but we could certainly look into how feasible it would be for a "2.0" version after our first release. With some of the other features that don't depend on multiple currencies, we can definitely take a look at having in the release we're working on right now.

I only got a chance to skim the list. Outside of the ones that depend on multiple currencies, what are some of the better features from the add-on?

User avatar
Ephemeraboy
Registered User
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Bandung Kota Hujan
Name: Bernando Bona Tius Sianipar
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Caramel: Virtual Cash

Post by Ephemeraboy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:15 pm

Innavigable wrote: Huh, it might be difficult to work on multiple currencies at this point, but we could certainly look into how feasible it would be for a "2.0" version after our first release. With some of the other features that don't depend on multiple currencies, we can definitely take a look at having in the release we're working on right now.

I only got a chance to skim the list. Outside of the ones that depend on multiple currencies, what are some of the better features from the add-on?
Well i do indeed think multiple curriencies aren't needed. it is unimportant IMHO... ;)
So I think these are quite good from that stuff.
- Upload/Delete Avatar: Assigns or remove credits when a user upload/delete avatar.
- Create New Thread: Assigns credits when a user create new thread.
- Thread Deleted: Removed credits when a thread of user was deleted.
- Thread get Reply: Assigns credits when someone posting in user's thread.
- Thread Viewed: Reduced credits when someone viewing user's thread (pay for view forum/thread).
- Read Thread: Assign credits when a user read a thread.
- Create Poll: Assigns credits when a user create a poll.
- Vote Poll: Assigns points to the user after he responded to a poll. Multiplier is the number selected.
- Poll Get a Vote: Assigns credits when a user's poll get a vote.
- Thread get Sticky/Unsticky: Assigns or remove credits when a user's thread becomes sticky/unsticky.
- New Post: Assigns credits when a user create new post.
- Post Deleted: Removed credits when a post of user was deleted.
- Upload Attachment: Assigns points when a user upload new attachment.
- Download Attachment: Increase or reduced creadits when a user download an attachment file.
- Attachment Downloaded: Assigns points when someone downloading user's attachment. Multiplier is filesize.
- Report Post: Assigns or remove credits when a user report a post
- Post get Reported: Remove credits when a post of user get reported.
- Birthday: Get credits when birthday
- Taxes in transactions
But i think some of above features has been implemented in your ext :)

OFFTOPIC
I think the forumpromotion gonna move into 3.1.x, doesn't it?
My diary, my notepad, and my life on
http://www.bonatius.com
My online shop at
http://www.nefara.com

Twisted Fairytale
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:50 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Caramel: Virtual Cash

Post by Twisted Fairytale » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:57 pm

Ephemeraboy wrote:Well i do indeed think multiple curriencies aren't needed. it is unimportant IMHO... ;)
So I think these are quite good from that stuff.
- Upload/Delete Avatar: Assigns or remove credits when a user upload/delete avatar.
- Create New Thread: Assigns credits when a user create new thread.
- Thread Deleted: Removed credits when a thread of user was deleted.
- Thread get Reply: Assigns credits when someone posting in user's thread.
- Thread Viewed: Reduced credits when someone viewing user's thread (pay for view forum/thread).
- Read Thread: Assign credits when a user read a thread.
- Create Poll: Assigns credits when a user create a poll.
- Vote Poll: Assigns points to the user after he responded to a poll. Multiplier is the number selected.
- Poll Get a Vote: Assigns credits when a user's poll get a vote.
- Thread get Sticky/Unsticky: Assigns or remove credits when a user's thread becomes sticky/unsticky.
- New Post: Assigns credits when a user create new post.
- Post Deleted: Removed credits when a post of user was deleted.
- Upload Attachment: Assigns points when a user upload new attachment.
- Download Attachment: Increase or reduced creadits when a user download an attachment file.
- Attachment Downloaded: Assigns points when someone downloading user's attachment. Multiplier is filesize.
- Report Post: Assigns or remove credits when a user report a post
- Post get Reported: Remove credits when a post of user get reported.
- Birthday: Get credits when birthday
- Taxes in transactions
But i think some of above features has been implemented in your ext :)

OFFTOPIC
I think the forumpromotion gonna move into 3.1.x, doesn't it?
These are all amazing suggestions, and a ton of new features to add on. I'm not sure how we'll want to approach these, but they're in discussion now! :)

By the way, yes, ForumPromotion is going to 3.1.x. An announcement is going up soon on the site. :)
Twisted Fairytale
Forum Promotion
Community Administrator

Innavigable
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:06 pm

Re: [ALPHA] Caramel: Virtual Cash

Post by Innavigable » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:34 pm

Since we've now got the core features in place, we are switching the tag on this to ALPHA and have added a download link for the master branch. :P We still have a few features to tackle, such as bonuses, tips, edit increments, etc., however we consider these non-essential. They will be included in the BETA release, however.

Note that we welcome outside contributions to Caramel, so you can feel free to PM me here or on our team's site if you'd like to pick up an issue. We will also be putting up a topic for our Profile Comments Extension soon. We're welcoming new members to our team, so if you're interested in joining and making consistent contributions, pop me a message. :)

I've also updated the feature list and screenshots.

User avatar
Joost01
Registered User
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:05 am
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Joost

Re: [ALPHA] Caramel: Virtual Cash

Post by Joost01 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:40 am

Nice Extension, well done! :D
One suggestion, maybe can you add the points on the forum top (navigation) ?
Board version: 3.2.8
Style: Metrolike

Innavigable
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:06 pm

Re: [ALPHA] Caramel: Virtual Cash

Post by Innavigable » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:39 pm

Joost01 wrote:Nice Extension, well done! :D
One suggestion, maybe can you add the points on the forum top (navigation) ?
Good idea! I'll add this to the issue tracker.

El Fantasma de la B
Registered User
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:20 am

Re: [ALPHA] Caramel: Virtual Cash

Post by El Fantasma de la B » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:09 pm

if you add a lottery, you could also add a casino/roulette feature

for example people can flip 1000 and have a 50% chance to lose 1k or win 1k. Same with roll dice (1/6 chance) or spin (1/37 chance)

good extension hope to see a final release soon

Innavigable
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:06 pm

Re: [ALPHA] Caramel: Virtual Cash

Post by Innavigable » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:12 pm

El Fantasma de la B wrote:if you add a lottery, you could also add a casino/roulette feature

for example people can flip 1000 and have a 50% chance to lose 1k or win 1k. Same with roll dice (1/6 chance) or spin (1/37 chance)

good extension hope to see a final release soon
We'll probably be doing the lottery as a separate extension. Hopefully you'll see a Caramel lottery topic coming up soon. :)

User avatar
Sshadow
Registered User
Posts: 299
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:54 pm
Name: Chris C.
Contact:

Re: [ALPHA] Caramel: Virtual Cash

Post by Sshadow » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:38 am

Working great so far :) Great job guys!

Twisted Fairytale
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:50 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: [ALPHA] Caramel: Virtual Cash

Post by Twisted Fairytale » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:07 pm

Sshadow wrote:Working great so far :) Great job guys!
Thanks for installing it! Just be careful putting it on a live forum like yours. We're already finding bugs. ;)
Twisted Fairytale
Forum Promotion
Community Administrator

Locked

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”