[ABD] Caramel: Virtual Cash

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Sshadow
Name: Chris C.

Re: [ALPHA] Caramel: Virtual Cash

Post by Sshadow » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:17 pm

Twisted Fairytale wrote:
Sshadow wrote:Working great so far :) Great job guys!
Thanks for installing it! Just be careful putting it on a live forum like yours. We're already finding bugs. ;)
I will keep that in mind. Thanks :)

Innavigable

Post by Innavigable » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:29 am

Sshadow wrote:
Twisted Fairytale wrote:
Sshadow wrote:Working great so far :) Great job guys!
Thanks for installing it! Just be careful putting it on a live forum like yours. We're already finding bugs. ;)
I will keep that in mind. Thanks :)
Since we've been editing the same migrations, when we do a BETA release, we'll try to do a converter for going from the fields in the alpha version to any new ones that are added by the BETA one. That way, your install doesn't break when updating.

As an update, we've just merged the bonuses feature into our develop branch. Hopefully we will have a BETA release relatively soon. :)

El Fantasma de la B

Post by El Fantasma de la B » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:17 pm

more updates please :D

Innavigable

Post by Innavigable » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:32 am

El Fantasma de la B wrote:more updates please :D
Hopefully we should have a BETA release up in the next few weeks. :)

Tom_Price

Post by Tom_Price » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:48 pm

Help me plz .. i uploaded it with auto mod but the list of mods that are not installed is empty
"No uninstalled MODs detected" will be very happy if someone could help me with this trouble .

Innavigable

Post by Innavigable » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:42 pm

Tom_Price wrote:Help me plz .. i uploaded it with auto mod but the list of mods that are not installed is empty
"No uninstalled MODs detected" will be very happy if someone could help me with this trouble .
This is a 3.1 Extension, not a MOD. You must be using phpBB 3.1 to use it. Same with the other way around, you should not (and often cannot) use 3.0.x MODs with phpBB 3.1.x.

Using this extension is also discouraged, since it is in development. If you really insist on wanting to use it, it should be much more stable on our BETA release, that we plan on pushing out this weekend.

Innavigable

Post by Innavigable » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:03 am

As an update, we plan to have a BETA release up for this relatively soon. We've added "Bonuses" and "Tips", and those should be available in the next download.

We're not far from a Release Candidate! :D

nero_the_god
I am too lazy to register

Post by nero_the_god » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:26 am

If I may, I have something I would like to add...

Could you possibly make it so that you can post an attachment and someone can buy it off of you. Then when that Single User buys it off of you, that attachment is no longer allowed to be bought anymore?

Thus, creating a webshop where everyone can essentially become merchants.

Please get back to me, as that would be absolutely amazing.

Also does this Extension work with PayBas' WoW/Diablo Themes?

igorbond

Post by igorbond » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:26 pm

:idea: :!:

Innavigable

Post by Innavigable » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:10 am

nero_the_god wrote:If I may, I have something I would like to add...

Could you possibly make it so that you can post an attachment and someone can buy it off of you. Then when that Single User buys it off of you, that attachment is no longer allowed to be bought anymore?

Thus, creating a webshop where everyone can essentially become merchants.

Please get back to me, as that would be absolutely amazing.

Also does this Extension work with PayBas' WoW/Diablo Themes?
We actually had the "purchase attachments" feature planned, but unfortunately it is not feasible with the current phpBB Events setup. We may try to add this in future versions.

MuhClaren

Post by MuhClaren » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:00 pm

How exciting!!

Thanks for this product! I'm very happy to know that I won't have to slap together a bunch of patches and hax to bring this functionality to my 3.1.3 installment. Whew, what a load of work I just scratched off my list. :)

I'll probably be checking this thread every day now! :lol:

Cheers!

Innavigable

Post by Innavigable » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:43 pm

MuhClaren wrote:How exciting!!

Thanks for this product! I'm very happy to know that I won't have to slap together a bunch of patches and hax to bring this functionality to my 3.1.3 installment. Whew, what a load of work I just scratched off my list. :)

Cheers!
Awesome, we're pretty much closed on features, and we just have to smash some bugs. Maybe we can see a BETA tag soon. :)

MuhClaren

Post by MuhClaren » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:33 pm

Innavigable wrote:
MuhClaren wrote:How exciting!!

Cheers!
Awesome, we're pretty much closed on features, and we just have to smash some bugs. Maybe we can see a BETA tag soon. :)
Awwww yiss

/me drops 25 VC into the tip-jar. :lol:

masterolive

Post by masterolive » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:39 pm

This looks so SOLID, Im happy to see its progress.

If I may, I would like to suggest something that I think would add a whole lot more to the cash system.
It should be simple because I was able to code and patch it together myself with a few mods on a SMF forum.
It was a simple 3 mod hack job:
-Cash system
-Store System
-Robbery System.
(There was also a Bank system)

I I took the store system, and called it "The Armory"
I created store items, as GUNS.
Under the hood, each gun was realistically a One time use "robbery tolken"

So my users could buy weapons with their cash, and use the weapon to gain/steal cash from another player. the weapon would be deleted after one use, regardless if it was successful.
I could set the chance% and max-min value a "Item" could take from another user based off their personal savings. Users would have to put their cash in the bank in order to keep safe.
I was also able to create "Items" with permission properties, or safeguards from attacks.
So users could also buy a whole range of other items, and they had the option to buy or give items away to anyone.
**edit** some items where also cosmetic, could reward other things like reputation, some where a one time use where others had multiple uses.
The store would feature a IN STOCK system so I could set how many things where availalbe before they could no longer be bought and had to be restocked.
this made it fun to create rare itmes that people where afraid to use up or give away because some would rarely go back in stock.
**end edit**

The coolest thing about it was that when posting, not only could you see how much cash you had, but you could also see the 3 last items you bought, each item image has set properties so they could display properly in the user profile area on a post.
People could see your small arsenal, and if a user happend to have a really expensive gun with better chance and higher amount, it made you think twice before you would start an argument (If you really cared that much about your cash). It was hilarious.

nero

Post by nero » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:47 am

Quick Question:

Can you add it so it tracks the "Donations" (i would replace the word donations with the word "Pay).

Example:

Date Type Amount Who Comment

3/16/2015, 12:13:24 AM Received 3.00 (41.00 -> 44.00) from Account (705.75 -> 702.75)

This would be an amazing feature as people can track where they got their payments from, how much, and a little comment for people to add if they want to.

I would use this for people trading on my board.

Thank you so much.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”