Page 4 of 5

Re: [ABD] reCAPTCHA 2.0

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:31 am
by FredQ
Thanks for reopening it!

I do use the extension in production. The normal Google reCaptcha is letting around 100 registrations to go through a day, whereas using reCaptcha v2 is allowing only one every 3 days!

Re: [ABD] reCAPTCHA 2.0

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:58 am
by gothick
No problem! I hadn't intended to abandon this extension; I've mostly not updated it much because it's working just fine on my own board...

Re: [ABD] reCAPTCHA 2.0

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:59 am
by MAGIC1848
FredQ wrote:[...] whereas using reCaptcha v2 is allowing only one every 3 days!
No? My board has 373.11 new users each day and I don't have a single issue with v2

Re: [BETA] reCAPTCHA 2.0

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:04 pm
by gothick
potiron wrote:Hello gothick,

Would it be possible to downgrade your extension to make it work in 3.0.x ?
It would be great to get the option to choose reCaptach2 below reCaptcha option (Installed CAPTCHA plugins) in the admin panel in the same way it works currently for reCaptcha...

:) :geek:
Sorry, I'm afraid I won't be back-porting this extension. I've never made a 3.0.x extension (mostly because of the way it wasn't a modular, neat plug-in system like it is in 3.1.x) so I wouldn't even know how, and it doesn't really make sense to start learning 3.0.x skills now!

Re: [ABD] reCAPTCHA 2.0

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:40 pm
by Paul
gothick wrote:No problem! I hadn't intended to abandon this extension; I've mostly not updated it much because it's working just fine on my own board...
See point 6 here: https://www.phpbb.com/extensions/rules- ... ents-rules Thats the reason why it was marked as ABD, this forum is not ment for releases, and we mark extensions as ABD (That are in the first few pages) if the authors are inactive and the extension is not in queue.

Re: [ABD] reCAPTCHA 2.0

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:48 pm
by gothick
Paul wrote: See point 6 here: https://www.phpbb.com/extensions/rules- ... ents-rules Thats the reason why it was marked as ABD, this forum is not ment for releases, and we mark extensions as ABD (That are in the first few pages) if the authors are inactive and the extension is not in queue.
Yup, understood. I always intended to head it towards release in the proper way if it looked like it was proving useful to people. Just got distracted by a full-time Laravel contract, where I didn't want to be doing yet more PHP in the evenings! I'll block out some time this weekend for playing catch-up and moving things along.

Cheers,

Matt

Re: [BETA] reCAPTCHA 2.0

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:13 pm
by cYbercOsmOnauT
Hi Matt,

just one thing that came into my mind as I looked through your extension. Why do you use a seperate private and public key config values for reCAPTCHA 2? AFAIK they are the same as from the old reCAPTCHA. So why don't you use them?

Just on "Delete data" you shouldn't delete the config. :mrgreen:

Regards,
Tekin

Re: [BETA] reCAPTCHA 2.0

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:43 am
by MasterZ
Has there been any progress with this extension?

Re: [BETA] reCAPTCHA 2.0

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:56 am
by gothick
cYbercOsmOnauT wrote:Hi Matt,

just one thing that came into my mind as I looked through your extension. Why do you use a seperate private and public key config values for reCAPTCHA 2? AFAIK they are the same as from the old reCAPTCHA. So why don't you use them?

Just on "Delete data" you shouldn't delete the config. :mrgreen:

Regards,
Tekin
Interesting idea. I suppose I didn't think too hard about it because I didn't actually have the original reCAPTCHA set up while I was working on it. I'll consider it--wonder if it might be better just to copy existing keys on install, if I can see them? That would mean the user wouldn't have to type them in again, but would still keep my extension code as standalone as possible...

M

Re: [BETA] reCAPTCHA 2.0

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:58 am
by gothick
MasterZ wrote:Has there been any progress with this extension?
I've not done much work on it since last week, if that's what you mean, but I'm planning on trying to progress it though to the next stage of extension-hood this weekend, as well as merging in another translation.

M.

Re: [BETA] reCAPTCHA 2.0

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:19 am
by gothick
Sserge wrote:Extension's Ukrainian language here: here, mirror
Thanks! I've pulled that into the Github repository and it'll be in the next release.

Re: [RC] reCAPTCHA 2.0

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:38 pm
by gothick
New release: v0.1.0, with Ukrainian translations (thanks Sserge!). Now marked as release candidate.

Re: [RC] reCAPTCHA 2.0

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:02 pm
by Dragosvr92
I installed it about 3 days ago. I noticed that phpBB does come with the simple reCaptcha, which i guess may be v1?

Anyway, since ive switched from the Q&A Captcha to this, i got two spammers today. So, it appears it isnt very affective.

Re: [RC] reCAPTCHA 2.0

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:07 pm
by Flor1s
reCAPTCHA v1 is deprecated
However, (...) today’s Artificial Intelligence technology can solve even the most difficult variant of distorted text at 99.8% accuracy. Thus distorted text, on its own, is no longer a dependable test.

Re: [RC] reCAPTCHA 2.0

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:53 pm
by jsebean
Dragosvr92 wrote:I installed it about 3 days ago. I noticed that phpBB does come with the simple reCaptcha, which i guess may be v1?

Anyway, since ive switched from the Q&A Captcha to this, i got two spammers today. So, it appears it isnt very affective.
It still beats v1, but if Q&A was working for you, why switch? ;)