[ABD] Radio Extension

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
edrimon

Re: [BETA] Radio Extension

Post by edrimon »

I could help also as a tester.

Please consider again the icecast support..
lukaszuk1995

Post by lukaszuk1995 »

Which password I need to enter in ACP ?
adminpasswd
password
streamadminpassword
or streampassword ?
mag1ck

Post by mag1ck »

just the stream password will do ;-)
Clipkey

Post by Clipkey »

Sorry to post this here, if I should be posting this somewhere else, please help point me in the right location, thanks in advance for any help you give!!!

Great Ext Archcry

Our site was using your Radio Ext. However due to shoutcast no longer supporting the MP3 broadcasting and the sc_trans setup for jukebox we were forced to move to icecast for our Radio. I saw in the comments on github that a while back the question of icecast support of this ext was discussed, but I did not see a solution or code replacement for icecast.

I have not been able to get the ext to receive the icecast data. I hope it's just a simple issue of not entering in the information correctly (user error). If not, is there a code/addition change to allow for your radio ext to work with icecast.

Thanks again for your help.
edrimon

Post by edrimon »

Yes, this is a problem that shoutcast does not support mp3 streaming. I have tried also to make it work with Icecast but no luck..
Archcry
Name: Sander Koenders

Post by Archcry »

Clipkey wrote:Sorry to post this here, if I should be posting this somewhere else, please help point me in the right location, thanks in advance for any help you give!!!

Great Ext Archcry

Our site was using your Radio Ext. However due to shoutcast no longer supporting the MP3 broadcasting and the sc_trans setup for jukebox we were forced to move to icecast for our Radio. I saw in the comments on github that a while back the question of icecast support of this ext was discussed, but I did not see a solution or code replacement for icecast.

I have not been able to get the ext to receive the icecast data. I hope it's just a simple issue of not entering in the information correctly (user error). If not, is there a code/addition change to allow for your radio ext to work with icecast.

Thanks again for your help.
Ok so I thought this topic was kinda dead but it seems there is still some people that would like this plugin to grow. Therefore I will try my best to add some extra support to this plugin. I do however need a icecast server to test with. Is there anyone who can provide me with a testserver for this?
mag1ck wrote:I've been using this for the last 6 weeks orso and it works like a charm!

Though I had to edit it a bit to suit my needs, like replacing the bitrate with
the number of current listeners. I also edited the javascript a bit, added some
checks for stream status (online/offline) and change the display accordingly.

I can send you my edits so you can take a look or you can check it out on
my forum and see what I did to it. I'll send you the url if you're interested.

So I've been 'testing' this for 6+ weeks now and it works just fine. Haven't had
any issues whatsoever. So no need for more (shoutcast) testing im(h)o :D
Please do send me, if possible via a pull request on github, I'll see what I can do with it :D
null2 wrote:Translation to Portuguese-Brazil: https://www.sendspace.com/file/e9pkd7
Due to me not bieing active here the link has expired :(
“In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates” -Unknown
edrimon

Post by edrimon »

Hi

There is an icecast server broadcasting here:

http://rebetiko.sealabs.net:6900/radio
Leinad4Mind
Translator

Post by Leinad4Mind »

Im interested on this. I almost dont write, till it gets on RC version at least. But I'll bookmark this. :)
Want to access all my portuguese MOD and Extension translations?
Become my Patreon!
phpBB Portugal Translator and Moderator
Archcry

Post by Archcry »

edrimon wrote:Hi

There is an icecast server broadcasting here:

http://rebetiko.sealabs.net:6900/radio
I pulled this from the documentation at the icecast website:
Icecast uses the very powerful libXSLT engine to transform its internal raw statistical data into custom tailored interfaces. Many people have written custom XSLT code that produces e.g. plain text “now playing”, XSPF, VCLT, munin interface data, etc.

Since version 2.4.0 Icecast includes a basic JSON API (/status-json.xsl) based on a xml2json template by Doeke Zanstra (see xml2json.xslt). It exposes a basic set of server statistics that should fulfil basic user needs. The intention is to not break backwards compatibility of this interface in the future, still we recommend to design robust software that can deal with possible changes like addition or removal of variables.
Your icecast server is version 2.3.3 and therefore does not have the mentioned "/status-json.xsl". Does anyone else have a icecast server with version 2.4.0 or above that I can test with?

EDIT: Scratch that, I setup my own server.
edrimon

Post by edrimon »

OK, upgraded to 2.4.2-1
Archcry

Post by Archcry »

edrimon wrote:OK, upgraded to 2.4.2-1
Thank you very much, I can see that the file I need is available now, this'll save me some time to set it up myself :)

Just a couple of things I noticed:
I installed the latest development build of phpBB (3.2.0-b3-dev) and the extension also works here. This time around I used to nginx configuration example located in the /docs folder in the phpBB root and I did not have to work around the api issue. It worked right out of the box :D

I will tag the current version in git as version 1.0.0 as I haven't seen any issues in this topic. The idea is to further develop the extension to add support for icecast :D

EDIT: Main post is now updated!

~ Archcry
Archcry

Re: [RC1] Radio Extension

Post by Archcry »

Update!

I refactored the extension and it now has a factory-adapter pattern which allows support for multiple broadcast servers. The refactored build is now available in the main post.

I also added Icecast2 support to the extension, you can now download the beta version with icecast support in the main post!

Let me know if everything works correctly :D

~ Archcry
edrimon

Re: [RC] Radio Extension

Post by edrimon »

The extension is still saying "version 0.3.0" after installing.

please check
edrimon

Post by edrimon »

Also in the control panel says only "SHOUTcast Host"

and it seems that it requires useragent etc. while the icecast link is something http://<HOST>:<PORT>/<MOUNTPOINT>

so in the URL i am inserting the port. However in ACP it asks also the port explicitly. Do I need to set it there as well?

Nice work, but please check more carefully the icecast settings, currently this is not friendly for the user..

I entered the URL and it does n't work..
Archcry

Post by Archcry »

edrimon wrote:The extension is still saying "version 0.3.0" after installing.

please check
I just cloned my own repo again to try and confirm this issue but it's showing as 1.0.0-RC1 for me. Did you fully remove the plugin before reinstalling it again (removing data also)?

edrimon wrote:Also in the control panel says only "SHOUTcast Host"

and it seems that it requires useragent etc. while the icecast link is something http://<HOST>:<PORT>/<MOUNTPOINT>

so in the URL i am inserting the port. However in ACP it asks also the port explicitly. Do I need to set it there as well?

Nice work, but please check more carefully the icecast settings, currently this is not friendly for the user..

I entered the URL and it does n't work..
The extension is currently using the "status-json.xsl" on your server in order to pull information for the radio information. The reason the port is asked explicitly is because I need to setup a curl connection to the server and I need to explicitly declare the port for that. I do however also append the port to the URL in the extension so there is no need (in fact it wont even work) to add the port to the host.

Essentially what the script does is take the hostname (in your case rebetiko.sealabs.net) and append the port to this (rebetiko.sealabs.net:6900) and lastly append the "status-json.xsl" (rebetiko.sealabs.net:6900/status-json.xsl).

This configuration works for me:

Last but not least, since you mentioned you only see "Shoutcast host" You might want to try and clear your board's cache. It may be screwing around with the admin template.
Let me know if this helped :)

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”