[ABD] Messenger Box

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
stlvargas

Re: [DEV] Messenger Box

Post by stlvargas »

double message for my error, please delete it, sorry
Last edited by stlvargas on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roberto, Italy
Florin Pavel
Name: Florin Pavel

Post by Florin Pavel »

Florin Pavel wrote:
stlvargas wrote:Normal characters is good for me, but can i try to install, or i have to wait....?
I'm asking before have problems...
I will not recommend to install on a live board
My extension: Messenger Box
falcon23

Post by falcon23 »

I can`t disable this extension. I have ''No route found for GET/...'' .

How to remove it?
Majkell

Post by Majkell »

falcon23 wrote:I can`t disable this extension. I have ''No route found for GET/...'' .

How to remove it?
I haved the same problem, I delete it by phpMyAdmin and clean cache via ftp.
on phpMyAdmin go to phpbb_ext and delete this extension, later clean the cache.
osirisios

Post by osirisios »

Hi,

First of all to the developer - what a great extension! All working great - with the exemption of sometimes getting a duplicate PM...

I was wondering..... what file is it in were you can change/amend the text "CHAT BOX" on the main chat box - to change it to something like, eg. Private Chat ?

Any help in finding the location of the file to change the Chat Box text title would be very much appreciated, thanks... I have looked by the way. but cannot find it or I've probably missed it...

Cheers.

Osiris

EDIT: Its fine, I found the file I was looking for to change the Messenger Box title...
Last edited by osirisios on Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
falcon23

Post by falcon23 »

Majkell wrote:
falcon23 wrote:I can`t disable this extension. I have ''No route found for GET/...'' .

How to remove it?

Fixed it on that way. Thanks Majkell.
FomenkoAndrey

Post by FomenkoAndrey »

Majkell wrote:

How to remove it?
the same
chfs

Post by chfs »

New Features!!! Thanks!

Number of users

Support Diakritics
before:
after:

Send a message with Enter and Shift + Enter - new line
I'm sorry for my english. :?
Beun12

Post by Beun12 »

Can't wait to test this Ext. :D
nero

Post by nero »

I can't wait for this to be released as at least beta. I would love to have a registered user friend chat applicable to my website. Would make PM's obsolete (which I always thought they were a horrible way of communicating).

Keep working hard on this!
StylesFactoryCom

Post by StylesFactoryCom »

I have a very strange bug. All users that are my friends shows up in messenger box as online users.

Looking for cheap and cool styles? PM me :P.
--> [email protected]
My official themes site: http://www.stylesfactory.pl
Florin Pavel
Name: Florin Pavel

Post by Florin Pavel »

StylesFactoryCom wrote:I have a very strange bug. All users that are my friends shows up in messenger box as online users.

This is not a bug. The online/offline system is not implemented.
My extension: Messenger Box
wkuzma

Post by wkuzma »

ok the extension works great
messages do transfer now.
new problem

when I try to disable the extension it sits at disable for a long time then when I go back to the main index I get this error.
luckly I made a backup of my test database before installing the extension

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 no such table: messages' in /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/libs/database.php:22 Stack trace: #0 /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/libs/database.php(22): PDO->prepare('SELECT *\n\t\t\t\tFR...') #1 /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/models/main_model.php(89): florinp\messenger\libs\database->select('SELECT *\n\t\t\t\tFR...', Array) #2 /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/models/main_model.php(46): florinp\messenger\models\main_model->getInboxFromId('848') #3 /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/event/main_listener.php(38): florinp\messenger\models\main_model->getFriends() #4 [internal function]: florinp\messenger\event\main_listener->friends_list(Object(phpbb\event\data)) #5 /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/Symfony/Component/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(164): call_user_func(Array, Object(phpbb\event\data) in /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/libs/database.php on line 22

the only way I was able to remove that error was to reinstall my back up database
Majkell

Post by Majkell »

wkuzma wrote:ok the extension works great
messages do transfer now.
new problem

when I try to disable the extension it sits at disable for a long time then when I go back to the main index I get this error.
luckly I made a backup of my test database before installing the extension

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 no such table: messages' in /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/libs/database.php:22 Stack trace: #0 /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/libs/database.php(22): PDO->prepare('SELECT *\n\t\t\t\tFR...') #1 /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/models/main_model.php(89): florinp\messenger\libs\database->select('SELECT *\n\t\t\t\tFR...', Array) #2 /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/models/main_model.php(46): florinp\messenger\models\main_model->getInboxFromId('848') #3 /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/event/main_listener.php(38): florinp\messenger\models\main_model->getFriends() #4 [internal function]: florinp\messenger\event\main_listener->friends_list(Object(phpbb\event\data)) #5 /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/Symfony/Component/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(164): call_user_func(Array, Object(phpbb\event\data) in /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/libs/database.php on line 22

the only way I was able to remove that error was to reinstall my back up database
I wrote this previously but will do this again
I haved the same problem, and I do it in other way, I delete it by phpMyAdmin and clean cache via ftp.
wkuzma

Post by wkuzma »

my main reason for the post was to let the maker know there is a problem on the disable function
otherwise I love this extension and its very easy to use once I learned that you had to have friends in your profile for them to show up in the chat.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”