Page 3 of 14

Re: [DEV] Messenger Box

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:28 am
by stlvargas
double message for my error, please delete it, sorry

Re: [DEV] Messenger Box

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:48 am
by Florin Pavel
Florin Pavel wrote:
stlvargas wrote:Normal characters is good for me, but can i try to install, or i have to wait....?
I'm asking before have problems...
I will not recommend to install on a live board

Re: [DEV] Messenger Box

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:49 pm
by falcon23
I can`t disable this extension. I have ''No route found for GET/...'' .

How to remove it?

Re: [DEV] Messenger Box

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:10 pm
by Majkell
falcon23 wrote:I can`t disable this extension. I have ''No route found for GET/...'' .

How to remove it?
I haved the same problem, I delete it by phpMyAdmin and clean cache via ftp.
on phpMyAdmin go to phpbb_ext and delete this extension, later clean the cache.

Re: [DEV] Messenger Box

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:28 pm
by osirisios
Hi,

First of all to the developer - what a great extension! All working great - with the exemption of sometimes getting a duplicate PM...

I was wondering..... what file is it in were you can change/amend the text "CHAT BOX" on the main chat box - to change it to something like, eg. Private Chat ?

Any help in finding the location of the file to change the Chat Box text title would be very much appreciated, thanks... I have looked by the way. but cannot find it or I've probably missed it...

Cheers.

Osiris

EDIT: Its fine, I found the file I was looking for to change the Messenger Box title...

Re: [DEV] Messenger Box

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:00 pm
by falcon23
Majkell wrote:
falcon23 wrote:I can`t disable this extension. I have ''No route found for GET/...'' .

How to remove it?
I haved the same problem, I delete it by phpMyAdmin and clean cache via ftp.
on phpMyAdmin go to phpbb_ext and delete this extension, later clean the cache.

Fixed it on that way. Thanks Majkell.

Re: [DEV] Messenger Box

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:07 pm
by FomenkoAndrey
Majkell wrote:
falcon23 wrote:I can`t disable this extension. I have ''No route found for GET/...'' .

How to remove it?
I haved the same problem, I delete it by phpMyAdmin and clean cache via ftp.
on phpMyAdmin go to phpbb_ext and delete this extension, later clean the cache.
the same

Re: [DEV] Messenger Box

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:45 am
by chfs
New Features!!! Thanks!

Number of users
Image

Support Diakritics
before:
Image
after:
Image

Send a message with Enter and Shift + Enter - new line

Re: [DEV] Messenger Box

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:04 am
by Beun12
Can't wait to test this Ext. :D

Re: [DEV] Messenger Box

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:32 pm
by nero
I can't wait for this to be released as at least beta. I would love to have a registered user friend chat applicable to my website. Would make PM's obsolete (which I always thought they were a horrible way of communicating).

Keep working hard on this!

Re: [DEV] Messenger Box

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:28 pm
by StylesFactoryCom
I have a very strange bug. All users that are my friends shows up in messenger box as online users.

Image

Re: [DEV] Messenger Box

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:27 am
by Florin Pavel
StylesFactoryCom wrote:I have a very strange bug. All users that are my friends shows up in messenger box as online users.

Image
This is not a bug. The online/offline system is not implemented.

Re: [DEV] Messenger Box

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:42 pm
by wkuzma
ok the extension works great
messages do transfer now.
new problem

when I try to disable the extension it sits at disable for a long time then when I go back to the main index I get this error.
luckly I made a backup of my test database before installing the extension

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 no such table: messages' in /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/libs/database.php:22 Stack trace: #0 /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/libs/database.php(22): PDO->prepare('SELECT *\n\t\t\t\tFR...') #1 /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/models/main_model.php(89): florinp\messenger\libs\database->select('SELECT *\n\t\t\t\tFR...', Array) #2 /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/models/main_model.php(46): florinp\messenger\models\main_model->getInboxFromId('848') #3 /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/event/main_listener.php(38): florinp\messenger\models\main_model->getFriends() #4 [internal function]: florinp\messenger\event\main_listener->friends_list(Object(phpbb\event\data)) #5 /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/Symfony/Component/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(164): call_user_func(Array, Object(phpbb\event\data) in /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/libs/database.php on line 22

the only way I was able to remove that error was to reinstall my back up database

Re: [DEV] Messenger Box

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:17 pm
by Majkell
wkuzma wrote:ok the extension works great
messages do transfer now.
new problem

when I try to disable the extension it sits at disable for a long time then when I go back to the main index I get this error.
luckly I made a backup of my test database before installing the extension

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 no such table: messages' in /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/libs/database.php:22 Stack trace: #0 /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/libs/database.php(22): PDO->prepare('SELECT *\n\t\t\t\tFR...') #1 /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/models/main_model.php(89): florinp\messenger\libs\database->select('SELECT *\n\t\t\t\tFR...', Array) #2 /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/models/main_model.php(46): florinp\messenger\models\main_model->getInboxFromId('848') #3 /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/event/main_listener.php(38): florinp\messenger\models\main_model->getFriends() #4 [internal function]: florinp\messenger\event\main_listener->friends_list(Object(phpbb\event\data)) #5 /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/Symfony/Component/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(164): call_user_func(Array, Object(phpbb\event\data) in /home4/wkuzma/public_html/new3/ext/florinp/messenger/libs/database.php on line 22

the only way I was able to remove that error was to reinstall my back up database
I wrote this previously but will do this again
I haved the same problem, and I do it in other way, I delete it by phpMyAdmin and clean cache via ftp.
on phpMyAdmin go to phpbb_ext and delete this extension, later clean the cache.

Re: [DEV] Messenger Box

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:32 pm
by wkuzma
my main reason for the post was to let the maker know there is a problem on the disable function
otherwise I love this extension and its very easy to use once I learned that you had to have friends in your profile for them to show up in the chat.