[ABD] hanelyp fancy dice

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
hanelyp

Re: [BETA] hanelyp fancy dice

Post by hanelyp » Mon May 11, 2015 6:06 pm

Apparently I didn't have to do anything to keep existing rolls from breaking my test board when the extension was disabled. In any case, I've added some migrations code to remove the dice bbcode when removing the extension.

koraldon

Post by koraldon » Mon May 11, 2015 8:34 pm

Interesting, I didn't check the error source but it doesn't seem to be critical.

Anyway, I have defined a new type of dice in the ACP, but I don't see a way to delete an existing definition?

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp » Mon May 11, 2015 8:48 pm

There isn't currently a means to delete a definition. Since you can define it as a null and give it a null name I don't see it as critical. I suppose I might modify the ACP to read a blank definition as "delete this".

shurijo

Post by shurijo » Tue May 12, 2015 2:04 pm

I've been tracking this ext and hope to use it once it's closer to release.

On a side note, is there any chance you could also include a pop-out dice roller? Some of my GMs/Players prefer to use a pop-up window to roll their dice and then just copy/paste the results rather than use the inline roller. It could be as simple as a link in the nav bar and a form that looks like https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm (or tabs for each die grouping, so you could have normal die, then tab for Star Wars FFG die, etc.).

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp » Tue May 12, 2015 3:27 pm

A popup graphical dice roller is outside the scope of this extension. However if someone wanted to write an extension for that, the interface it would need into this extension is stable, and I'll work with them to use that interface.

ntvy95

Post by ntvy95 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:02 am

I am interested in this extension and I have done an installation. However, at the step:
Go to "ACP" > "Customise" > "Extensions"
I cannot find your extension to enable it?

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:41 pm

koutogima wrote:I am interested in this extension and I have done an installation. However, at the step:
Go to the ACP, there's a link at the bottom of the main page.
Select the Customize tab.
Select Extensions Management (If it didn't come up by default).

Shepskii

Post by Shepskii » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:43 pm

Have been using this as our primary dice tool now for a few weeks and it's working really well. Haven't noticed any issues/glitches etc (aside from user error).

Really happy with the results so far - thanks again for the work hanleyp :)

ntvy95

Post by ntvy95 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:35 am

hanelyp wrote:
koutogima wrote:I am interested in this extension and I have done an installation. However, at the step:
Go to the ACP, there's a link at the bottom of the main page.
Select the Customize tab.
Select Extensions Management (If it didn't come up by default).
My upload: http://i.imgur.com/dyc3gAV.png
My ACP: http://i.imgur.com/LQUrr0o.png

Still I cannot find your extension. Thanks in advance for your support. :(

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:53 am

The install location looks correct.

What version of phpbb is that in? I've personally verified the code installs in 3.1.2 and 3.1.3.
What host operating system?

ntvy95

Post by ntvy95 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:14 am

hanelyp wrote:The install location looks correct.

What version of phpbb is that in? I've personally verified the code installs in 3.1.2 and 3.1.3.
What host operating system?
My current phpBB version is 3.1.4. As the picture may indicate: I am using XAMPP 3.2.1.0 to run phpBB 3.1.4 on my own computer - It's Windows 8 operating system.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:12 pm

I've installed phpbb3.1.5 and verified that this extension is recognized there. It would be high order insanity if it works with 3.1.2, 3.1.3, and 3.1.5 but not 3.1.4. I'm not in a position to test or diagnose an xampp / windows8 install.

I'm presuming the 2 extensions shown in the screenshot as found are in e:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB\ext

My last guess is a setting somewhere to not run beta extensions.

ntvy95

Post by ntvy95 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:01 am

hanelyp wrote:I've installed phpbb3.1.5 and verified that this extension is recognized there. It would be high order insanity if it works with 3.1.2, 3.1.3, and 3.1.5 but not 3.1.4. I'm not in a position to test or diagnose an xampp / windows8 install.

I'm presuming the 2 extensions shown in the screenshot as found are in e:\xampp\htdocs\phpBB\ext

My last guess is a setting somewhere to not run beta extensions.
Yes, you are right. I have tried to install other official extensions and they have worked out perfectly, but when it comes to beta extensions they does not show up at all.

I guess I will try to make a topic about this. Thank you very much for your help and your great work. I am eager to see the official version of this extension. ^___^ b

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:18 am

Presuming your install of phpbb is refusing to use a beta extension, you might go into composer.json in the extension and change the version line to

Code: Select all

"version": "1.0.0",
to see if that does it.

ntvy95

Post by ntvy95 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am

hanelyp wrote:Presuming your install of phpbb is refusing to use a beta extension, you might go into composer.json in the extension and change the version line to

Code: Select all

"version": "1.0.0",
to see if that does it.
Thank you very much. I have just checked the other beta extensions and they works fine (I installed them wrong location). I have started a topic here if you are interested.

Edit: I made it. It is because of wrong location for installation: I have typed your nickname hanelyp wrong, I am sorry. :'( Once again, thank you very much for your work!

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”