[ABD] hanelyp fancy dice

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
pyrotechnomimus

Re: [BETA] hanelyp fancy dice

Post by pyrotechnomimus » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:41 pm

I was wondering how hard it would be to extend the code for comparisons to a particular number. In the example below I'm wanting to roll 5 6 sided dice and compare each die to a roll of 5, per one that does so, it will total up at the end. But I also want to maintain use of the 5d6+3 => Total option.

Example:
[dice]5d6>5{/dice]

Result in post:
3,4,3,5,6 => 2 successes(or matches, or even just the 2)

_Io_

Post by _Io_ » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:33 am

Hi dear hanelyp

Is there a way to simulate the Fate dice, similar to described here?

https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference

FATE Dice

Roll20 also supports FATE dice (used for FATE, FUDGE, and other systems). Roll20 accurately simulates FATE dice as 6-sided dice in which two sides are 0, two sides are +1, and two sides are -1.

To roll 4 FATE dice, just do /roll 4dF. Roll20 will show you the result of each individual FATE dice roll, then give you the total of all the dice rolls added up together. You can also add a modifier onto the total, with /roll 4dF+1.

It means that a roll of 4dF will give a result between -4 to 4 and adding a modifier as 4dF+1 will give a result between -3 to 5.

Hope I was clear.

Thanks!

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:44 am

Hi all,

We have received a report with a security issue within this extension. For security reasons, we have removed all download links to the extension.

If you have this extension currently installed on your board you should remove it.

Please remember that no Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

koraldon

Post by koraldon » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi Hanelyp, is there a fix to the above issue?

mentioned offitype

Post by mentioned offitype » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:47 am

Anybody know if it's possible to make a dice mod that doesn't use bbcode? I'm trying to build one from scratch, but so far I'm only able to get one dice roll per post.

koraldon

Post by koraldon » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:46 pm

Hi Hanelyp,
Thanks for making the security fix available on github :)

p.s. can you implement the version check for this extension? I stumbled on the update by mistake.

lagame
Name: Cristiano Lagame

Post by lagame » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:38 pm

Hello, I installed it, but when trying to roll a die, nothing happens, the post goes blank, but when editing the post, looks like this:

Code: Select all

[dice seed=61651 secure=6e299f59_0]1d20+2[/dice]
My forum:
http://www.spell.net.br/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7666

Shepskii

Post by Shepskii » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:18 pm

lagame wrote:Hello, I installed it, but when trying to roll a die, nothing happens, the post goes blank, but when editing the post, looks like this:

My forum:
Have you tried resetting the bbcode definition in the dice settings page in the ACP?

natron_

Post by natron_ » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Thanks for the dice plugin! A couple of things I noticed:

1) It messes up if you have more than one dice roll per line. I didn't dig in yet, but I'm guessing the regex doesn't correctly ID multiple tags, so you end up with one giant tag that's jibberish.

[dice]1d4[/dice]asdf[dice]1d20[/dice]

Seems to get interpreted by at least one or both passes as "1d4[/dice]asdf[dice]1d20" or similar.

2) The use of div tags conflicts with some other bbcode plugins/features that also use div tags. For example, we have a [spoiler] bbcode plugin that references div tags by array number ("[0]" "[1]" etc), so including a [dice] roll above a spoiler tag breaks them. I can try to modify the spoiler tag code to be smarter about counting div tags, but if you happen to know of a way I could modify fancydice to not use div tags at all that would be faster for me, so thought I'd ask if you had a suggestion.

Thanks!
N

mentioned offitype

Post by mentioned offitype » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:34 am

Can't delete my post so I'm editing it instead.

nya

Post by nya » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:39 am

Hey, how i can fix copy-past dice?

Example:
Anybody can quote then copy-past dice with secure code like this:

[dice seed=43290 secure=bbb366b_0]1d100[/dice]
And get 100 alltime. And haven't invalid indicator.

Shepskii

Post by Shepskii » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:41 pm

If the seed and secure values are valid then it can be copy/pasted all day long and it will always show the same result.

It will only show an invalid roll if the seed and secure do not match. I don't think there is any simple way of stopping someone from copy/pasting the string without a major rework of the whole extension.

nya

Post by nya » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:54 pm

This issue makes this extension obsolete. Cuz anybody can cheat those dices. :lol:

lagame
Name: Cristiano Lagame

Post by lagame » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:22 pm

Shepskii wrote:
lagame wrote:Hello, I installed it, but when trying to roll a die, nothing happens, the post goes blank, but when editing the post, looks like this:

My forum:
Have you tried resetting the bbcode definition in the dice settings page in the ACP?
Yes, I tried, and don't solve... :|

natron_

Post by natron_ » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:38 pm

What we started doing is displaying the the roll #, which doesn't fix the ability to c/p, but helps.

<span class="dicebox">Roll {COUNT}: {SPEC} => {DICE} => {TOTAL} {VALID}</span>
Now it'll say "Roll 0:" or "Roll 1:" at the beginning. Our dice have to be in order or they don't count. This at least prevents someone from generating 1000 rolls in a PM to themselves and just c/p'ing the 20.

In general, though, there are about a dozen ways to cheat the dice. View the things like roll # (and even the valid/invalid) as helpful guidelines to try to get your PCs to play fairly and not cheat. If anyone really wants to cheat, you can fully control the values a few different ways with a little effort.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”