[ABD] hanelyp fancy dice

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
natron_

Re: [BETA] hanelyp fancy dice

Post by natron_ » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:34 pm

I can think of a couple of other ways to fix the problem, too, but they have tradeoffs:
  • First time dice are generated, stuff the current time into the dice roll (and hash it). This way anyone who cared could look at the dice values (via 'Quoting' your post) would be able to see when the dice roll was generated. If it's more than a few minutes away from the post time, something's weird. (This would make it harder to draft a post beforehand, fyi.)
  • Find a way to insert an html element into the post to summarize all the rolls. Take the number of dice rolls in the post and show what the seed values should be for the post. If any of the seeds are different from what was expected, show a "Post rolls invalid" message or similar. Requires more immediate knowledge of phpbb post integration and how bbcode works than I currently have.
Like I said, we just exposed the roll # to encourage people to be honest. There are several other ways to cheat, so I'm not all that worried about it. (For example, you know what your rolls are, so you can change what you're going to do, or you can change your order to maximize the benefit to you. You can cycle through all the different roll types and orders for all the possible actions you could take, pick whichever one is the best. You could go post in some other forum somewhere to change your last post time, generating brand new seeds. Etc, etc, lots of ways.)

My version has been patched with a couple of other things:
  • I fixed a bug in seed generation where the first couple of seeds aren't really using any entropy
  • I made the secure= value a lot stronger, because I can otherwise extract the secret value used to "sign" all the rolls (due in part because of the first bug above, but also just because its so small)
For me, the next thing I would like to fix is the usage of the <div> tag. It doesn't play nice with some other mods we have going but haven't been able to run down in which mod I should fix it.

nya

Post by nya » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:01 am

Easy fix all problems with cheating, just add to seed another values - Post ID on the forum, and Poster ID on the forum.
So if post ID in dice info doesnt match - its show - invalid.
Easy pwns all the cheaters. :D

Jigoku88

Post by Jigoku88 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:33 am

Can anyone post a new version with this ? Or is there got news from Hanelyp ?

lagame
Name: Cristiano Lagame

Post by lagame » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:41 pm

I continue with the same problem, then I removed the extension and installed again.
And now are giving the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_lang_ext() on a non-object in /public_html/ext/hanelyp/fancydice/event/main_listener.php on line 39

I noticed this message on the file /public_html/ext/hanelyp/fancydice/event/main_listener.php:

Code: Select all

Instead of using "global $user;" in the function, we use dependencies again.
Can you help me?

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:38 pm

Sorry about the delay, but when I stopped getting update notices I thought traffic had come to a stop.

There is an update to the security issue in gethub.

for the fate dice a dice spec of [-1,-1,0,0,1,1] should math that description.

If someone wants to code an update for the roller to handle the > operator I'll take a look at it.

On the cheating issue, a copy/paste is possible, but easily detected if you can see the raw BBcode. Adding the time code is a good idea for an improvement.

2 rolls on a line is something I hadn't thought to test. Something to look into when I find energy for updates.

lagame, what phpbb version are you using? I've tested as recent as 3.1.5.

corycubbage

Post by corycubbage » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:48 pm

Can we get dice= support added? Our board titles the dice rolls so that their purpose is clear. An example would be, [dice="Attack"]1d20+5[/dice] displaying as Attack: 1d20+5, etc.

Also, my board uses and alias system so that users can post as a different account in each topic depending on which game they are playing in. When rolls are submitted under secondary accounts it does not "accept" the post and the same seeds are generated each time. Composing and submitting the post as the primary account works correctly. What in the submission of the dice roll is tied to the user account that is posting that would cause it not to be accepted?

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:27 pm

In the control panel you could define attack as [1:20] and then roll "attack+5", presuming attack is always 1d20 and the bonus varies between players.

The pseudo-random seed is based on 'user_lastpost_time' and 'user_email_hash', among other factors. I'm not familiar with the alias plugin corycubbage uses, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it does something with those fields. It's in the get_seed() method in event/main_listener.php if you want a closer look.

corycubbage

Post by corycubbage » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:36 am

Thanks hanleyp, that's exactly what I was looking for in get_seed(). I just had to pull user_lastpost_time from the alias instead of users and it's working perfectly now!

The attack example given was just an example, user's title their post with a variety of custom things, each one is unique and different. While one could be attack, the next one is a skill and the next could be for something else entirely. It's similiar to the spoiler= functionality that is native to the board.

hanelyp

Re: [DEV] hanelyp fancy dice

Post by hanelyp » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:35 pm

If it's a matter of annotation, any text not matching a macro or spec syntax should be quietly ignored. so rolling "attack 1d20+5" should act just like "1d20+5" but with an annotation in the roll spec.

Per user macros would be nice, but need to be handled in a way that everyone else can see how they are defined.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:06 pm

Thank you Roberto Moreno (Rampmaster), Spanish language translation added to github.

Naur

Post by Naur » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:57 am

Seems there is an issue with the latest version of phpBB board. The dice mod worked fine in 3.1.6 but not in 3.1.7-pl1. When posting for example "[dice]1d20[/dice]" it will remain as text.

thevisionisdivine
Name: Bruno Bianco

Post by thevisionisdivine » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:50 am

Hi.

What should I do to roll 1d12?

Kind Regards
BB
* * * All To Be The Master Of The Wind * * *

Shepskii

Post by Shepskii » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:38 pm

Code: Select all

[dice]1d12[/dice]
Should be all you need to type in the post.

thevisionisdivine
Name: Bruno Bianco

Post by thevisionisdivine » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:49 pm

GREAT !!
* * * All To Be The Master Of The Wind * * *

rogueeffect

Post by rogueeffect » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:54 am

What is the word on the download for this and the ability to get it into 3.1.7?

Thanks

R

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”