[ABD] DG Calendar Extension v0.1.2

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
codemonkey812

Re: [DEV] DG Calendar Extension v0.1.0

Post by codemonkey812 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:43 pm

I have the extension installed, but I am not seeing the add event button. I see the post about needing permission, but I am not sure what the ADM is. I have look all through the ACP and do not see anything about calendar permissions. What am I missing?

MaxLiao

Post by MaxLiao » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:21 pm

codemonkey812 wrote:I have the extension installed, but I am not seeing the add event button. I see the post about needing permission, but I am not sure what the ADM is. I have look all through the ACP and do not see anything about calendar permissions. What am I missing?
  • Admin Control Panel (ACP)
  • User and Groups tab
  • GROUPS | Group permissions
  • Select your group (most likely Administrator)
  • Advanced Permissions
  • Misc tab
  • Can create events: Yes
Hopefully this helps you.

Geed
Name: DG Kim

Post by Geed » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:53 pm

PMVanDomelen wrote:Downloaded and installed the latest uploads from github. Unfortunately, every time this is enabled (with the new data), it forced an "internal server error" rendering the board seemingly non-existent.

I went in through server side and replaced the old files, and all was well again. I suppose a calendar that you can't do anything with and logs you out every time you access it, it still better than a non-working forum.
Interesting... I need to test out the installation aspect myself.
DG Kim | Princeton '18
Electrical Engineering

PMVanDomelen
Name: Patrick VanDomelen

Post by PMVanDomelen » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:00 pm

MaxLiao wrote:
codemonkey812 wrote:I have the extension installed, but I am not seeing the add event button. I see the post about needing permission, but I am not sure what the ADM is. I have look all through the ACP and do not see anything about calendar permissions. What am I missing?
  • User and Groups tab
  • Advanced Permissions
  • Misc tab
Tried this with the original installation (the one that doesn't render an "Internal Server Error"), and I am still not seeing an "Add Event" button. Though, it could be because I'm still being logged out each time I access the calendar.

When I log back in again, it kicks me back to the index..... which then starts the cycle again of accessing the calendar and being logged out.
Don't Learn Safety By Accident
As soon as you see a mistake and don't fix it, it becomes your mistake.

Geed

Post by Geed » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:13 am

PMVanDomelen wrote: When I log back in again, it kicks me back to the index..... which then starts the cycle again of accessing the calendar and being logged out.
I'm having trouble recreating this issue. After some further development, I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling.
DG Kim | Princeton '18
Electrical Engineering

PMVanDomelen
Name: Patrick VanDomelen

Post by PMVanDomelen » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:46 pm

Geed wrote:
PMVanDomelen wrote: When I log back in again, it kicks me back to the index..... which then starts the cycle again of accessing the calendar and being logged out.
I'm having trouble recreating this issue. After some further development, I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling.
I've done that a few times, with the same end result. Unfortunately, my forum is on a closed network or else I would send you the link.

It looks like at this point in time that I will just have to go without. Thank you for taking the time to look into this though, I appreciate your efforts.
Don't Learn Safety By Accident
As soon as you see a mistake and don't fix it, it becomes your mistake.

RaacerzZ

Post by RaacerzZ » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:23 pm

Hi,

after enabling the extension in the panel, now it makes me this error message, and I can not go anywhere in my forum. So for now I'm a bit screwed. If anyone knows how to fix this ... Thank you.

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Symfony\Component\Yaml\Exception\ParseException' with message 'Unexpected characters near "," at line 12 (near "defaults: { _controller: dg.calendar.controller.main:event }, ").' in /homepages/45/d536871692/htdocs/vendor/symfony/yaml/Symfony/Component/Yaml/Inline.php:73 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/45/d536871692/htdocs/vendor/symfony/yaml/Symfony/Component/Yaml/Parser.php(420): Symfony\Component\Yaml\Inline::parse('{ _controller: ...', false, false, Array) #1 /homepages/45/d536871692/htdocs/vendor/symfony/yaml/Symfony/Component/Yaml/Parser.php(192): Symfony\Component\Yaml\Parser->parseValue('{ _controller: ...', false, false) #2 /homepages/45/d536871692/htdocs/vendor/symfony/yaml/Symfony/Component/Yaml/Parser.php(186): Symfony\Component\Yaml\Parser->parse('path: /calendar...', false, false) #3 /homepages/45/d536871692/htdocs/vendor/symfony/routing/Symfony/Component/Routing/Loader/YamlFileLoader.php(63): Symfony\Component\Yaml\Parser->parse('# main\nmain:\n ...') #4 /homepages/45/d536871692/ in /homepages/45/d536871692/htdocs/vendor/symfony/yaml/Symfony/Component/Yaml/Inline.php on line 73

codemonkey812

Post by codemonkey812 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:09 pm

MaxLiao wrote:
  • User and Groups tab
  • Advanced Permissions
  • Misc tab

Thank you. I can now create events. Is there an option to edit existing events?

Geed

Post by Geed » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:48 am

codemonkey812 wrote: Thank you. I can now create events. Is there an option to edit existing events?
Working on edit/delete functions now!
DG Kim | Princeton '18
Electrical Engineering

Geed

Post by Geed » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:50 am

PMVanDomelen wrote: I've done that a few times, with the same end result. Unfortunately, my forum is on a closed network or else I would send you the link.

It looks like at this point in time that I will just have to go without. Thank you for taking the time to look into this though, I appreciate your efforts.
I have deleted and reinstalled the extensions a few times now, and am having trouble recreating the issue. If at all possible, it would be great if you could write the steps you are taking to install that are making this difficult. Perhaps it's a version thing? Other people seem to be able to install.
DG Kim | Princeton '18
Electrical Engineering

Geed

Post by Geed » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:51 am

RaacerzZ wrote:Hi,

after enabling the extension in the panel, now it makes me this error message, and I can not go anywhere in my forum. So for now I'm a bit screwed. If anyone knows how to fix this ... Thank you.
I'm sorry I've been pushing development to the master branch (my bad).

The current github state should be stable. I'll be sure to branch off from now on!
DG Kim | Princeton '18
Electrical Engineering

duckdog

Post by duckdog » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:55 pm

PMVanDomelen wrote:This extension would be a perfect addition to my site, but I am having one small issue. Everytime I click on the "Calendar" link, it takes me to the page but I get logged out. I have founder permissions, so this should not be an permissions access issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

Same issue here, when I click on the calendar link, i get sent to the right page but logged out, when I log back in, it starts the cycle again, love the idea, any help is greatly appreciated

Nelson

Geed

Post by Geed » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:31 pm

duckdog wrote:
PMVanDomelen wrote:This extension would be a perfect addition to my site, but I am having one small issue. Everytime I click on the "Calendar" link, it takes me to the page but I get logged out. I have founder permissions, so this should not be an permissions access issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

Same issue here, when I click on the calendar link, i get sent to the right page but logged out, when I log back in, it starts the cycle again, love the idea, any help is greatly appreciated

Nelson
Interesting... was this a clean install? I am not able to recreate this...! But I'll take a look into it.
DG Kim | Princeton '18
Electrical Engineering

duckdog

Post by duckdog » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:57 pm

Yes fresh install,. very odd

donsenilo
Name: Markus

Post by donsenilo » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:34 am

Hello Geed ...

I absolutely love this extension :D

It's easy to install and to modify (look here if you like: http://www.paranormal.wien/app.php/calendar).

Please keep up with your great work !!!

Primarily (for me) would be:
  • The Date format (24 hours)
  • editing and deleting an entry
  • commenting an entry
  • using links in entries
Thank you and greetings from Austria !

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”