[ABD] DG Calendar Extension v0.1.2

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
HirschHeinrich
Name: Heiner

Re: [DEV] DG Calendar Extension v0.1.2

Post by HirschHeinrich »

this calendar-exension works fine with phpBB 3.1.5, tnx for ur lot of work.
but here in europe is a 24-hour system without AM and PM in use.
given a possible adapt to solve?
greetings from schwerin in germany
Martin Day

Re: [DEV] DG Calendar Extension v0.1.2 - a permission omission

Post by Martin Day »

Geed, I'm liking the look of your Calendar.

I know it's early days, but I don't know if you are aware that there is, as yet, no permission that allows the whole calendar view to be managed.

I run a private forum with guests and self-registration switched off. This is so my community can interact without the fear of being eavesdropped on (the accent is on private, rather than secretive).

It would be great if you could add a permission for the whole calendar to you wish list. Thanks and all the best with the project.
Martin
Chris__M

Post by Chris__M »

I have to say, this looks very interesting.

I tried writing something similar a few years back for phpBB 3.0.x, building on code that was around, plus some ideas of my own. My code turned out to be a right hack, abandoning the principles of good MOD writing for a quick fix. I thought if I could get it working, I could go back and tidy later.

Then they changed the whole game in phpBB 3.1.x and I got so cheesed off, I stayed on 2.0.21! :lol:

But I recently revisited my code, and was surprised that although it was a mess, it actually didn't look half bad.

So if it is of interest, feel free to nick any ideas/functionality. I have to stress to everyone that this is only to illustrate ideas - the code behind this is a complete pigs ear, and you don't want to try and run it - let's be patient and wait for Geed.

URL: http://www.poshgames.org.uk/phpBB3/
User: Demo
PW: democalendar

(I'll keep that user up as long as it isn't abused)

Notes:
  • The mini-calendar on the front page is for display purposes only. Clicking on a date takes you to the full calendar. Clicking on a topic under Upcoming Sessions takes you to the topic itself.
  • Rather than have the calendar events stored separately, I simply assigned a forum (Session Planner) to the calendar. So if you post a new topic in Session Planner, it will give you the calendar functionality, whereas other forums do not.
  • As well as replying to the original calendar post, users could also say whether they were coming or not. As some of our sessions are limited by number, once that number is reached, no more people can join. (Example: "Looking to play Diplomacy; looking for up to 6 other players.")
I was actually quite pleased with how it looked, but because I broke the MOD method, I knew I was never going to be able to maintain it.

Look forward to seeing how your Extension progresses. I may get a chance to move off of 2.0.21, after all! :D
PMVanDomelen
Name: Patrick VanDomelen

Re: [DEV] DG Calendar Extension v0.1.1

Post by PMVanDomelen »

sgtevmckay wrote:
Geed wrote:
duckdog wrote:All working good but I get booted out, each time I click the calendar link on my forum http://www.aquariumauctions.ca/forum link provided to take a look, any help is good help :-)
Hey I'm not able to recreate your issue - I clicked the calendar link and it worked for me.
Agreed....I can not replicate this issue either.

I believe I have figured out the answer to my ongoing issue (and it's one that was found by happenstance). As I mentioned before, I run my server on a closed network through my company intranet. For that reason, I do not always have complete control over the IP address served by my IT group at WHQ (they like to change things up every now and then). Aside from the issues with making sure all of my employees know the appropriate place to go to find the forum, the change in the IP address has a few different effects on the board.

First, the "Remember Me" function was lost. This wasn't such a big deal, so I let it slide for quite a long time until people started commenting that they wish they had it back. So after some research, I found that the "Remember Me" function should be restored as long as I ensured my "Domain Name" was correct in the Cookie Settings. After updating the domain name in there to the current IP address, that function came back. After thinking about it for quite some time, I had wondered if this was what was having the effect on the Calendar function always logging out the person accessing the calendar.

You guessed it: As long as the domain name is correct, the calendar will not (or should not) log you out. If you are having this issue, you should check this setting to ensure it is correct.

I didn't figure you were banging you head against the wall trying to figure this out, but I appreciate all of the research you put in. Thank you, Geed for your time and consideration.

-Patrick V.
Don't Learn Safety By Accident
As soon as you see a mistake and don't fix it, it becomes your mistake.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Verified above....

On my test forum, I made some IP Changes to verify.
Any Change to IP and/or Domain will cause the log out issue.

Additionally; Check your Cache and Cookies directories, if these are not correct it will also create for a log out.

I find that if you have moved your Forum from on server to another, that these Directories and Domains sometimes get overlooked to accomplish functionality.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

A couple of Requests before I split.

1) Would it be possible in a future build, to be able to set Full Calendar Container Background to a specified color with Opacity control?
2) Would it be possible to add small images in a specific calendar day block via the event input interface?
A new folder created in Calendar Directory to maintain the images would also be nice, with a visual search function of some sort, in order to view and select image to be placed in date block.

I can create a visual to explain what I am imagining if needed (Please advise)

Thanks for all your hard work
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

An additional request:

Would it also be possible to add color control for Font and Event Tag Back ground?
As of now it is a white(ish) Background tag with Blue font.

In this way, a system to quickly Identify and separate events visually can be obtained.

ie. Raids in Black Tag with Light Grey Font, Group events in Orange Background, with Black Font, General Events in White Background with Green Font, etc.
PMVanDomelen
Name: Patrick VanDomelen

Post by PMVanDomelen »

Would there be a way to add in the functionality of showing a "Weekly View" on the Index page, as This Calendar does?

I prefer your calendar where the entries are not tied to a post, but I like the Week on Index feature of the other calendar.

Is there a way to have the best of both worlds?
Don't Learn Safety By Accident
As soon as you see a mistake and don't fix it, it becomes your mistake.
sadagoban

Post by sadagoban »

Thanks for the great extension..
I got a problem.. when i create new events i am missing PREVIEW and SUBMIT buttons.. What to do?
Thanks in advance.
rrbailey89

Post by rrbailey89 »

Thanks for this. Ill definitley be following it currently I have google calendar integrated into my forum.

One thing I found curious is that I have url rewriting enabled in the ACP but this is the only extension that I still see /app.php/ in the url. Is this something you plan to look into?
Meykota

Post by Meykota »

I'm looking forward to this calendar extension, good job at the moment! :)

Does it shows the birthdays of my users or do I have to fill them in by myself? And what about something like national holidays like "Christmas" or something else?

Oh, and don't forget to change the date also :) Im Germany it is 28.07.2015, in other countries it is 07.28.2015. Would be great, to get the date in the style the country is using :)

My last edit: And will there be a possibility to add events which are going for more than one day? Something like festivals or other events? Would be great, too.
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

Yes it's a good thing, missing an weekly overview at index site like I'm using at the moment with a differ calendar and sure having birthsday and national holiday inside to be easy added.

I'm having 3 different event system and none working with the other. Hope inside this calendar everything is all in one, if developed further. So that events could added to calendar, posts, topics and shown inside every module the right way.
Homepage: Terra Oceanica
Geed
Name: DG Kim

Post by Geed »

Sorry all for the slow development... I'll be plugging away at this soon.
DG Kim | Princeton '18
Electrical Engineering
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Hiya

Many thanks for the update

Happy to hear from you.

Several suggestions (mine included) are listed in previous posts, hopefully some of them are do-able, without too much trouble, and at some point, maybe not an initial release.

Waiting patient as always

Thanks again 8-)
Dubya Rules

Post by Dubya Rules »

Geed wrote:
stefanieRose wrote:Hi All,

I installed the calendar and it works great except one small thing...I can create an event but then when I go back and click the event from the calendar I get "This event does not exist".

Any ideas on what it could be?
This is a little unclear. Could you send me a link?
I am having the same problem on phpbb 3.1.5. My phpbb board

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”