[ABD] wysiwyg bbcode : SCEditor

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
R00f

Re: [BETA] wysiwyg bbcode : SCEditor

Post by R00f »

any News?

MuhClaren

Post by MuhClaren »

R00f wrote:any News?
With any luck, it'll be in PHPBB v3.2.0 but I doubt it will be any sooner. From looking at the github activity, they're working hard on it, but as mentioned in this thread, proper integration requires more internal changes than what an extension can handle in 3.1.x.

You're best bet would be to try to modify your 3.1.x core and integrate it yourself if you can't wait.

cYbercOsmOnauT
Name: Tekin Birdüzen

Post by cYbercOsmOnauT »

I don't think that it's impossible as an extension. At the moment I am on the Smilies-stuff.
phpBB-installation and reparation. Prof. PHP coding with function guarantee. Just contact me at: t.birduezen@web-coding.eu.
Ex-German Support Team Member | phpBB Development Environment

brunoais
QA Team

Post by brunoais »

cYbercOsmOnauT wrote:I don't think that it's impossible as an extension. At the moment I am on the Smilies-stuff.
How do you expect to deal with the custom BBCodes?

cYbercOsmOnauT

Post by cYbercOsmOnauT »

We will see. One after the next ;) The custom bbcodes are inside the db. So we have to read them out and teach them SCEditor with bbcode.set. But that is something I will think about in the future. First there are other "problems" that need to be solved. ;)
phpBB-installation and reparation. Prof. PHP coding with function guarantee. Just contact me at: t.birduezen@web-coding.eu.

brunoais
QA Team

Post by brunoais »

Good luck, then.

cYbercOsmOnauT

Post by cYbercOsmOnauT »

Thank you. You can provide your ideas or even code on my GitHub repository for this. It's open ;) A customer of mine told me that there are problems with the WYSIWYG Extension of nassim and so I started looking inside it. We will see how far I will come. :mrgreen:

brunoais
QA Team

Post by brunoais »

I'd say the opposite, though... Look at my code in my repo. It is nearly complete, it just requires some tweaks and whistles to work just about as expected.

cYbercOsmOnauT

Post by cYbercOsmOnauT »

Maybe I have to ask my magic marble about your repo url... because you didn't type it into your post. And if its that much complete why didn't you give a hand to nassim? Helping others is not your job but mine? :mrgreen:

brunoais
QA Team

Post by brunoais »

cYbercOsmOnauT wrote:Maybe I have to ask my magic marble about your repo url... because you didn't type it into your post. And if its that much complete why didn't you give a hand to nassim? Helping others is not your job but mine? :mrgreen:
BTW, 2 useful info...
  1. It's not an extension.
  2. I didn't help him because I don't know how to make it as an extension.
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/3630/files

cYbercOsmOnauT

Post by cYbercOsmOnauT »

Oh I didn't know that the holy phpBB repository is yours.
brunoais wrote:Look at my code in my repo.
Anyways.. thanks.. I will take a look at it and see if or not it's helpful.

brunoais
QA Team

Post by brunoais »

cYbercOsmOnauT wrote:Oh I didn't know that the holy phpBB repository is yours.
I don't own phpBB :S. It's just that if I pointed to the phpBB branch where I'm working, you won't get just the code I made but also all the phpBB's code.
cYbercOsmOnauT wrote: Anyways.. thanks.. I will take a look at it and see if or not it's helpful.
OK. good luck.

cYbercOsmOnauT

Post by cYbercOsmOnauT »

You were the one who called it "my repo" ;) - Sorry but I am a person who pays attention on details ;)

Btw.. maybe you can enlighten me. To get the list of Smilies inside the popup, phpBB uses

Code: Select all

$sql = 'SELECT smiley_url, MIN(emotion) as emotion, MIN(code) AS code, smiley_width, smiley_height, MIN(smiley_order) AS min_smiley_order
			FROM ' . SMILIES_TABLE . '
			GROUP BY smiley_url, smiley_width, smiley_height
			ORDER BY min_smiley_order';
This sql makes less sense in my opinion. Why do you guys use MIN on the two strings?
MySQL Documentation wrote:Returns the minimum value of expr. MIN() may take a string argument; in such cases, it returns the minimum string value.
For example in code we have :D, :-D and :grin: as smiliecodes for Very Happy. They all start with : but - comes before D and g in the ASCII table. Your SQL gets :-D as MIN(code). Why not :D?
Same with emotion. Why a MIN()? Lets say we have three different emotions for the same smilie "I am very happy", "happy" and "Very Happy". MIN(emotions) gives back "I am very happy" because the I comes before V and also before h in ASCII.

Maybe you guys try to grab the shortest version of these cells. But this cannot be done with MIN(). If you want to get the first hit, GROUP BY is enough.

This is no real bug so I don't want to post it into the bugtracker. Also I didn't want to hassle you with a pm. Thats why I ask here in the thread where I am working on the smilies atm. :)

brunoais
QA Team

Post by brunoais »

TextFormatter manages the smilies and I'm not part of that decision so I can't help you on that. You'll have to ask whomever is responsible for that. Use git blame.

On the other subject, I showed you a link to a pull request code changes so I thought it was clear what was mine and what wasn't...
Anyway, this is my repo:
https://github.com/brunoais/phpbb
This is the branch with changes on my repo:
https://github.com/brunoais/phpbb/tree/feature/SCEditor
This is the code changes I wrote:
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/compare/ ... e/SCEditor

cYbercOsmOnauT

Post by cYbercOsmOnauT »

Noone wanted to blame you. All I wanted was a opinion from another coder because I really don't understand this part of the phpBB code.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”