[ABD] WP Phpbb Unicorn - bridges

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
LiveNade

Re: [ALPHA] WP Phpbb Unicorn - bridges

Post by LiveNade »

Nevermind, got rid of all errors by changing the settings a bit. :D
Wardormeur

Post by Wardormeur »

elawrenc wrote:There are also 2 coding errors on the WordPress plugin side.

In the wpphpbbunicorn.php file:

Lines 166 and 172, change the back slashes to forward slashes.
Hey
Regarding the slash : you're right, (and wrong :)) it's OS dependant, i should fix it to be agnostic.

For the memory, alas, it requires quite a bit of it in the first time. I'll see if i can reduce the requirement but i there is not warranty i can do that .
Explaination why :
To ensure phpbb & WP are able to work fully correctly, i do a "proxy file" of the existing and escape the same-name functions that phpbb & WP have.
That's where the memory hung happens. I could documentate it so that you could manually "cache" those files but it destroys the ease of the "ftp-drop & install" extension. Basically, it copies 3 files (the phpbb loader & 2 librairy files), encapsulate 2 functions with a function to exclude the existing function (function_exists) and reference them in the customised phpbb_loader. Until phpbb(or WP) will be fully under
a specific namespace, there is very few other choices, and copying the phpbb functions into the wp plugin is noone of the one I want to maintain :).
You could try to enhance the amount of memory allocated to PHP, and relaunch the caching system by saving yout WP parameters, then check that the files are existing in wp/wp-includes/plugins/wpphpbbunicorn/inc/cache
I may make a dump of my Apache config file to help people in this case. (or .htaccess for shared hosting)

LiveNade : happy to see it works for you :) If you had any drawback, please let me know that i can work on it
elawrenc

Post by elawrenc »

I only noticed the slash issue when I added the Wordpress plugin. The "require" statements weren't finding the files referenced on those lines. I got the WP side working from what I can tell. The PHPBB side is still throwing memory errors. I'll see if I can do something on the server to free up some memory.

Edit*

I changed my PHP allocation to 64mb and all good. I was able to provide paths and I am going to assume that the role associations are all working, they look like they are.

So what can be done on my end to help test this? Im looking forward to this plugins implementation..

By the way, these warning popped up.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/wardormeur/phpbbwpunicorn/acp/phpbbwpunicorn_module.php on line 141: date() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_acp.php on line 132: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_acp.php on line 132: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
elawrenc

Post by elawrenc »

Well I noticed that there were boxes on the new post page in wordpress that corresponded to the forums that I have in PHPBB so I gave it a shot...I got an error, but it posted. So that was pretty exciting and hopeful :)

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to phpbb\template\twig\twig::__construct() must be an instance of phpbb\path_helper, null given, called in /home/superfor/public_html/includes/functions_messenger.php on line 639 and defined in /home/superfor/public_html/phpbb/template/twig/twig.php on line 83

I have a question that I think I already know the answer to. If there is a featured image will that image also post as an attachment to PHPBB? A future feature, perhaps? I realize that image management might be beyond the scope of what this plugin is designed to do considering the posting methods of WP and PHPBB are inherently different.

Case in point, if someone updates an image in WP which is easy to do, how would that be handled by phpbb. (Some attachement replacement voodoo, perhaps :) )
Wardormeur

Post by Wardormeur »

Great feedback elawrenc ! :)
Could you tell me on which version of phpbb you tested so that i can try to reproduce them?

ATM there is no support for the image(s?, I'm not even sure to support the one inside the article), but that could be extended for sure.
We could attach it to the topic, or include it before the text, or after the line-break if there is one.
Attaching-it seems an overkill as it's already hosted on WP, so I'd go for 2) & 3) I think.
elawrenc

Post by elawrenc »

This was on the latest, 3.15.
elawrenc

Post by elawrenc »

I was testing out login and logout sections today and it appears that if I log out in PHPBB I am still logged in at WP.

When I go to logout of wordpress, a slash is missing between the domain name and the ucp.php portion of the string.

http://www.yourdomainname.comucp.php<etc><etc>

instead of

http://www.yourdomainname.com/ucp.php

It doesn't error out, the browser just displays not found. When I add that slash then it works as intended.

That's a minor fix.

I think it would be good to have a user logged out of WP if they choose to log out of PHPBB.

Anyway, keep up the good work this is already a very impressive plugin and it will be awesome once it's finished!
:)
Wardormeur

Post by Wardormeur »

Hey elawrenc. I'ven't been able to reproduce your missing slashes, could you post your paths (both WP root and the one for the wp extension) ?
Thanks a lot :)
And +1 for the double logout

Edit : err, could you confirm it's 3.1.5 and not master? (from zip or git clone ?)

Edit2: find out for the slash, please use a trailing slash in the configuration url of the plugin, as it's a "directory-like" and not a file :) I'll add it to the translation
elawrenc

Post by elawrenc »

Wardormeur wrote: Edit2: find out for the slash, please use a trailing slash in the configuration url of the plugin, as it's a "directory-like" and not a file :) I'll add it to the translation
Ok I added the trailing slash and it worked. Ill check the other issues later today.
optimusvault
Name: Aaron

Post by optimusvault »

Does this allow for me to make comments work with phpBB? Or does it just auto post the same content from WP to phpBB?
Cheers,
Aaron
elawrenc

Post by elawrenc »

This is 3.15 from the official download package off the PHPBB website.
Wardormeur

Post by Wardormeur »

Thanks elawrenc, will give it a new try.
@optimusvault : Do you mean syncrhonise the WP comments to the phpbb board? No(t yet), that could be interesting to a certain extend, deletion is somehow tricky :)
optimusvault
Name: Aaron

Post by optimusvault »

200 - SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

When I go to install the phpBB version.
Cheers,
Aaron
Wardormeur

Post by Wardormeur »

I don't use JSON, so... :oops:
Wardormeur

Post by Wardormeur »

I've been scratching my head for few things this afternoon : remember to use phpbb3.1.6 (master through git clone) when you use absolute Windows path
Don't make the same mistake than i did trying to reproduce some error using the zip file, cause you'll end up having others if you're on windows :D

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”