[ABD] WP Phpbb Unicorn - bridges

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Mauron

Re: [ALPHA] WP Phpbb Unicorn - bridges

Post by Mauron »

I guess this extension requires PHP 5.4 or higher but your server runs PHP 5.3.

postmanpl

Post by postmanpl »

It shoud work on php 5.3 -In composer.json is:

Code: Select all

"require": {
        "php": ">=5.3.3",
my server runs 5.3.27 - php version could be a problem?

Mauron

Post by Mauron »

The error you reported makes one think that the actual minimum requirement is PHP 5.4, that's a typical case.

Wardormeur

Post by Wardormeur »

Well.. The composer file may be wrong :p
I'll try all that out as soon as possible

postmanpl

Post by postmanpl »

You were right :oops: after update to 5.45 it works :D

Extension works like charm. I've got another question - is it possible to connect existing forum topic with wordpress post?

I'm doing coversion from joomla to wordpress. I'm using phpbb3 for news comments. After conversion I want to connect existing news in wordpress with posts on phpbb3. How can i do that?

And i found some error:

When I'm creating new entry i got this error. Everything is working, posts are creating both in wordpress and phpbb3, but after creation or update I got white page with this:

Code: Select all

array(25) { ["forum_id"]=> string(1) "2" ["topic_id"]=> int(2) ["icon_id"]=> bool(false) ["enable_bbcode"]=> bool(true) ["enable_smilies"]=> bool(true) ["enable_urls"]=> bool(true) ["enable_sig"]=> bool(true) ["message"]=> string(4) "test" ["message_md5"]=> string(32) "098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6" ["bbcode_bitfield"]=> string(0) "" ["bbcode_uid"]=> string(0) "" ["post_edit_locked"]=> int(0) ["topic_title"]=> string(4) "test" ["notify_set"]=> bool(false) ["notify"]=> bool(false) ["post_time"]=> int(1452848713) ["forum_name"]=> string(0) "" ["enable_indexing"]=> bool(true) ["force_approved_state"]=> bool(true) ["post_id"]=> string(1) "2" ["post_subject"]=> string(4) "test" ["poster_id"]=> string(1) "2" ["post_edit_user"]=> string(1) "2" ["topic_visibility"]=> string(1) "1" ["post_visibility"]=> string(1) "1" } [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/virt5926/domains/domain.pl/public_html/wordpress/word/wordpress/wp-admin/post.php on line 197: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/virt5926/domains/domain.pl/public_html/wordpress/word/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wpphpbbunicorn-master/inc/Post.php:86)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/virt5926/domains/domainr.pl/public_html/wordpress/word/wordpress/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1228: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/virt5926/domains/domain.pl/public_html/wordpress/word/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/wpphpbbunicorn-master/inc/Post.php:86)

richey

Post by richey »

I hope I didn't miss it somewhere ... but how would I install this in Wordpress?

thanks, r.

postmanpl

Post by postmanpl »

@UP

github.com/wardormeur/phpbbwpunicorn - install this in phpbb3
github.com/wardormeur/wpphpbbunicorn - install this in wordpress

I 've got question
Is it possible to use phpbb3 for comments under article? Wordpress posts are visible as forum posts, but what about comments / replies? Is it possible to synchronise replies?

And one sugesstion:
I think there should be option to paste only introtext to phpbb3 with link "back to article" or "read all".
Last edited by postmanpl on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

richey

Post by richey »

Thanks, but do I copy the whole subdirectory wpphpbbunicorn-master to the wp-contents/plugins directory?

postmanpl

Post by postmanpl »

Download zip from github, and upload it in wordpress extension menager

plugins > add new > send to server

but you can also manually upload files to wp-content/plugins/wpphpbbunicorn-master

richey

Post by richey »

This WordPress plugin doesn't work for me. After successful installation (I think adding the instructions to the initial posts would be a good idea), I could configure the options, but didn't find any option to set the forum number to post in and the user account to post with, but anway. However, after submitting a WP post, I only got a blank page (guess a php error, I didn't look at the error log yet).

I found this older plugin named Wp2BB which is very simple and straightforward, as it only adds single or multipleWP posts to phpBB - however, unfortunately, it isn't compatible to phpBB 3.1 anymore due to the new phpBB classes.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp2bb/

Wardormeur

Post by Wardormeur »

Hey @all
ATM reviewing WP4.4

@richey
mind to tell more? dump of path (to be sure the conf is OK)
Normally, the user is taken upon login by redirecting you to the main phpbb login page. If it doesnt, your plugin config is not good :)

@postmanppl
Never tried that yet, could git it a chance, but idk how would it interact with WP plugins for comments.
Regarding this withe page, it seems I hve left a debug line of code :oops:
Same goes for editing articles, never tried either. Normally by editing it, i guess it should create a topic as it's an association topic/article that is created. However, i also guess it's suboptimal for an existing website to go over very article, am i right ?

Redmile

Post by Redmile »

Hello Wardormeur !

(First of all, i'm from France, so my english might be strange)

I just discovered your work, great !

I got a wordpress based website, with a Phpbb forum : www.guild-antares.com
What i'm looking for is only a way ton unify WP/Phpbb login, as users could register on wp or phpbb. If a user is created on wp, it generates a user on phpbb, and the same thing from phpbb to wp. I tried many bridges, none of them worked...

I have read about all the comments from all the pages of this topic, and it seems to work with your plugins.

As i really look around before install anything on my wp/phpbb install, i wonder if it's safe for me... If i eventually encounter some errors, can i easily uninstall the plugins ?

I'm sorry if my questions aren't understandable :)

postmanpl

Post by postmanpl »

Wardormeur wrote:
@postmanppl
Never tried that yet, could git it a chance, but idk how would it interact with WP plugins for comments.
Regarding this withe page, it seems I hve left a debug line of code :oops:
Same goes for editing articles, never tried either. Normally by editing it, i guess it should create a topic as it's an association topic/article that is created. However, i also guess it's suboptimal for an existing website to go over very article, am i right ?
It would be a great option to integrate comments - cross-post to synchronise phpbb3 and wordpress .

I can create new topic by editing article, but i want to connect existing article with existing forum topic.

BTW - plugin works great :)

Wardormeur

Post by Wardormeur »

Redmile wrote:Hello Wardormeur !

(First of all, i'm from France, so my english might be strange)
Don't worry, i know quite a lot about that :lol:

If a user is created on wp, it generates a user on phpbb, and the same thing from phpbb to wp. I tried many bridges, none of them worked...
I don't recommand (nor support atm) a two-way approach, it's complexifying the model for further update of the user. Thoses plugins works as phpbb as the main user "model", which is then duplicated (and on next update, updated also) to wordpress.
As i really look around before install anything on my wp/phpbb install, i wonder if it's safe for me... If i eventually encounter some errors, can i easily uninstall the plugins ?
Well.
It's an alpha, doesn't support updates of the users excpet by bulk update of groups, so... Nope.
Don't go for a live production yet.
It's probably less buggy than before, but definitely not something I would put live atm, except for a test environnement.

@all : i added the features and bug on the github, feel free to add yours :
https://waffle.io/Wardormeur/wpphpbbunicorn
https://github.com/wardormeur/wpphpbbunicorn

Redmile

Post by Redmile »

Thank you for your comment :)

I'm gonna wait for a stable release, and follow this topic.

(En tous cas ne laisse pas tomber l'idée, je pense que ça aura pas mal de succès :p))

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”