[ABD] Advanced Polls 1.2

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Galixte de EzCom
Name: Raphaël M.

Re: [BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2.1

Post by Galixte de EzCom »

phpBB 3.1.5 without modification.
Communau EzCom
📖 « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.2.x & 3.3.x ».
📋 Lists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
📋 Lists of all styles identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
Image Tu as un forum et tu veux aussi un site web ? Regarde par ici.
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

I am testing this extension and it works well apart from one issue. My timezone is set to UTC+1. When I make a poll and tell it to run until 4pm it tells me it is running til 5pm.
javiexin
Code Contributor
Name: Javier

Post by javiexin »

What is your TZ vs the board's TZ?
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

sp3ctre wrote:I am testing this extension and it works well apart from one issue. My timezone is set to UTC+1. When I make a poll and tell it to run until 4pm it tells me it is running til 5pm.
Confirmed, there is an issue when the PHP.ini timezone is different from the user's timezone.
Working on a fix for this. Stay tuned.
Galixte de EzCom wrote:if i edit the poll, some options of the poll are reseted:
- Maximum votes:
- Total votes:
- Hide votes:
- Limit votes:
- Show poll voters:
- Show results ordered:
Any additional information you may give? Or was it fixed?

-javiexin
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

javiexin wrote:
sp3ctre wrote:I am testing this extension and it works well apart from one issue. My timezone is set to UTC+1. When I make a poll and tell it to run until 4pm it tells me it is running til 5pm.
Confirmed, there is an issue when the PHP.ini timezone is different from the user's timezone.
Working on a fix for this. Stay tuned.
Excellent, glad it wasn't just me :)

Thanks
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

The issue with timezone conversion is now fixed. Re-download the extension and replace existing files with the new ones.

I did not update the version for such a minor change (only one file changed, core/advancedpolls.php).

Regards,
-javiexin
leschek

Post by leschek »

javiexin wrote:If you have further suggestions for new functionality, please, mention them here, and we will evaluate them, and potentially include them (no commitments!).
Just an idea - what do you think about limiting the number of vote changes. If option "Allow re-voting" is allowed, users would be able to change their vote only 2-3 times (or whatever number a poll creator sets) and not as many times as they want.
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

Thanks for the suggestion leschek. I will take it into consideration.

However, some issues I see upfront with such a limitation: how would you count changes? "Incremental" votes would be counted as changes, or not? In case of multi-valued or scoring polls, how would you count changes, by the number of "submits", or by the number of actual changes (in number of points assigned or options selected)? Also, it would make it more cumbersome for the poll creator, another option to select, with no clear benefit, because how many people really change votes so frequently in a poll?

Anyhow, I will include this is the list of things to evaluate for future versions.
Thanks again!
-javiexin
leschek

Post by leschek »

I would say 1 submit = 1 change, but you are right here:
javiexin wrote:it would make it more cumbersome for the poll creator, another option to select, with no clear benefit, because how many people really change votes so frequently in a poll?
Yros

Post by Yros »

Hi,

Nice mod. I have a suggestion : possibility to create "event" polls. It's quite simple : the author of the poll could define the groups/options, then people could choose which one to choose (ex: team red, yellow, green) (another exemple : meeting here : I'll be here, I don't know, I won't be there). The users voting would be directly listed under each category.
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

Yros wrote:Hi,

Nice mod. I have a suggestion : possibility to create "event" polls. It's quite simple : the author of the poll could define the groups/options, then people could choose which one to choose (ex: team red, yellow, green) (another exemple : meeting here : I'll be here, I don't know, I won't be there). The users voting would be directly listed under each category.
Already available with current version: just mark the options to see poll voters and allow vote changes, done.
SalazarAG

Post by SalazarAG »

Hello! I liked both the extension, installed in localhost and even translate. Ready to use it, when I created a poll and sent, returned me this error:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Out of range value for column 'poll_start' at row 1 [1264]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_topics (topic_poster, topic_time, topic_last_view_time, forum_id, icon_id, topic_posts_approved, topic_posts_softdeleted, topic_posts_unapproved, topic_visibility, topic_delete_user, topic_title, topic_first_poster_name, topic_first_poster_colour, topic_type, topic_time_limit, topic_attachment, poll_title, poll_start, poll_max_options, poll_length, poll_vote_change, wolfsblvt_poll_votes_hide, wolfsblvt_poll_voters_show, wolfsblvt_poll_voters_limit, wolfsblvt_poll_show_ordered, wolfsblvt_poll_max_value, wolfsblvt_poll_total_value) VALUES (2, 1437953483, 1437953483, 23, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 'Fórum está legal', '008000', 0, 0, 0, 'Sua nota para a atual situaçao do fórum', -86400, 1, 86400, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1)

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php
LINE: 855
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php
LINE: 193
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\driver->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/factory.php
LINE: 329
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 1874
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\factory->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/posting.php
LINE: 1400
CALL: submit_post()
How do I fix?
Last edited by SalazarAG on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm sorry for my English. Google Translator does a bad job. :D
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

What version of phpbb do you have, 3.1.5 I hope.

Could you please tell how were you configuring the poll?Options selected and, the most important given the error, poll end and poll length specified.
SalazarAG

Post by SalazarAG »

javiexin wrote:What version of phpbb do you have, 3.1.5 I hope.

Could you please tell how were you configuring the poll?Options selected and, the most important given the error, poll end and poll length specified.
First, sorry for my English haha

Well, my phpBB version is 3.1.5. The PHP version is 5.4x

I redid the poll as the first time and printei (is below).

I put the same options

Did not specify a date (YYYY-MM-DD) to the end of the poll.

And the following error :(

I thought it might be a mistake in the language as did the translation for pt_br (my standard language), but deleted it and the error persists.
I'm sorry for my English. Google Translator does a bad job. :D
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

Try specifying the poll end explicitly, and it should work fine. Also, try specifying a different length.
In the meantime, I will see if I find the issue.
Thanks for testing and reporting this!

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”