[ABD] Advanced Polls 1.2

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
javiexin
Code Contributor
Name: Javier

Re: [3.1][BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by javiexin »

These are different parts of the same issue.

In the ACP Settings page, you may specify that the poll author may specify whether that particular poll will show votes or not. And if you choose to show this option, you may as well specify the default value. This is controlled together with the "Can create polls" forum permission. If this is not provided, NO author will be able to specify that the voters are public. So no regular user will be able to see the votes.

On top of this, there are THREE different (related) permissions that have to do with viewing poll votes.

One is the immediate complement to the above: the "Can see poll voters" forum permission controls which users will be able to see the voters IN A POLL WHOSE AUTHOR HAS SPECIFIED THAT VOTERS ARE PUBLIC. Even if the author does make the voters public, if the user does not have the forum permission, the voters will not be shown. And even if the user has the permission to see poll voters, if the poll author did not specify this option, the votes will not be visible.

Finally, there are other TWO moderation permissions. Well, really it is one permission, but applied either to GLOBAL scope (for Global Moderators, affects ALL forums) or at LOCAL scope (for Forum Moderators, affects specific forums). With this permission "Can view poll voters" (yes, almost identical in name to the previous one), moderators are able to see the poll voters REGARDLESS of the choice specified in the poll creation by the author and the forum permission. So, a Global Moderator, with the "Can view poll voters" permission, will be able to see the voters in ALL polls, regardless of the author's configuration. Local Moderators can do the same, limited to the forums they moderate (if they have this permission).

Hope this helps and clarifies... It is a bit complex, but the feature is important, and must be protected adequately for privacy.

Regards,
-javiexin
Bruce Banner

Post by Bruce Banner »

javiexin wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 10:56 pm These are different parts of the same issue.

In the ACP Settings page, you may specify that the poll author may specify whether that particular poll will show votes or not. And if you choose to show this option, you may as well specify the default value. This is controlled together with the "Can create polls" forum permission. If this is not provided, NO author will be able to specify that the voters are public. So no regular user will be able to see the votes.

On top of this, there are THREE different (related) permissions that have to do with viewing poll votes.

One is the immediate complement to the above: the "Can see poll voters" forum permission controls which users will be able to see the voters IN A POLL WHOSE AUTHOR HAS SPECIFIED THAT VOTERS ARE PUBLIC. Even if the author does make the voters public, if the user does not have the forum permission, the voters will not be shown. And even if the user has the permission to see poll voters, if the poll author did not specify this option, the votes will not be visible.

Finally, there are other TWO moderation permissions. Well, really it is one permission, but applied either to GLOBAL scope (for Global Moderators, affects ALL forums) or at LOCAL scope (for Forum Moderators, affects specific forums). With this permission "Can view poll voters" (yes, almost identical in name to the previous one), moderators are able to see the poll voters REGARDLESS of the choice specified in the poll creation by the author and the forum permission. So, a Global Moderator, with the "Can view poll voters" permission, will be able to see the voters in ALL polls, regardless of the author's configuration. Local Moderators can do the same, limited to the forums they moderate (if they have this permission).

Hope this helps and clarifies... It is a bit complex, but the feature is important, and must be protected adequately for privacy.

Regards,
-javiexin
No worries, I can follow all that. Thanks! :mrgreen:
ALXGS

Post by ALXGS »

javiexin wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:21 pm Please, try the following:
Disable the extension. If possible, delete data, to be sure.
Edit the config/services.yml file in the extension, and remove the highligthed lines:
https://github.com/Wolfsblvt/advancedpo ... ml#L23-L52
Now, enable the extension, and test it. Of course, do NOT activate poll end notifications.
It has 2 options

Activate poll end

and

Activate poll notifications

I must deactivated both or just the second option? (Activate poll notifications) ?
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

Only Poll Notifications.
ALXGS

Post by ALXGS »

OK thanks
Theriddler1
Name: Theriddler❶

Post by Theriddler1 »

I Like this extension. A nice feature of this extension would be to show all started end ended polls in the acp and the option to delete a poll or all of them at once.

i thought (correct me if wrong) it was a feature of this mod: viewtopic.php?t=1470555
Theriddler - Former Moderator @ phpBB.nl | phpBBservice.nl Team-member
Image My Extensions | buy me a beer Image
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

Thanks, i will consider these for future versions.
I don't know about the mentioned mod but i will check it.
-javiexin
romestylez

Post by romestylez »

Hi,
i have installed it at latest phpbb version with standard style but seems like the translation isnt working ?

Can you tell me whats the problem ?
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

Sure: the translation is not up to date. I don't speak German, so... I cannot help there.
romestylez

Post by romestylez »

Can you tell me where to add the translation ? So in which file exactly ? Then i will do that.
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

Review all files in the folder language/de, and compare to language/en. They should have the same entries with the same meaning. En language is correct and complete.

Sorry
-javiexin
Nephilim

Post by Nephilim »

Hey javiexin!
Why don't you include one of the 2 different DE-translations you already received from me and another User in the master version of the extension?
That would solve the problem directly for every German user.
Thank you and greetings!
Jogurt the Yogurt

Post by Jogurt the Yogurt »

This extension is totally sweet and 100% essential. What a giant improvement on the default options. Thanks for your hard work!
antier

Post by antier »

Jogurt the Yogurt wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:22 am This extension is totally sweet and 100% essential. What a giant improvement on the default options. Thanks for your hard work!
I do agree with Jogurt : even if till now a beta version, this extension should bring a great plus to the basic polls option in phpBB.

I'm quite ready to install it, but I would be sure that this extension will work fine with phpBB 3.2.1 version (Prosilver, PHP : 5.4.45-0+deb7u8, MySQL 5.5.55-0+deb7u1). I must precise I have read the 17 previous pages and confess that I'm a little bit confused about it. :oops:

Thanks in advance for answer(s).

Best regards,

Pierre Antier

PS : if possible with 3.2.1, I will have to manage this extension as our association have polls and votes about statutes by the end of this year. That's why this point presents a real interest for me.
Last edited by antier on Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jakepavek

Post by jakepavek »

Looks great man can't wait to use it, do you do extension requests?

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”