[ABD] Advanced Polls 1.2

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
spello

Re: [BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by spello » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:52 pm

Will there be ability to add new value to the poll without votes removing?

javiexin
Code Contributor
Name: Javier

Post by javiexin » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:27 pm

Most probably not in this version. There are too many cases to cover for, and might be too complex.
Maybe, and this is just MAYBE, I will be able to code an exception if the options are "incremental only", with no changes, reordering, deletion, or anything else, just adding extra options at the end of the poll. But no commitment on this, depends on workload and complexity.

Thanks for the suggestion,
-javiexin

TomS2
Name: Thomas

Post by TomS2 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:59 am

Hi javiexin,

I was asking for a weighted poll in the other thread under Extension Requests.

Unfortunately the current version of Advanced Polls does it not for me.
I am looking for a functionality that lets me assign more than one vote/tick for an answer.

Example:
Answer 1
Answer 2
Answer 3
Answer 4
Answer 5

I have a total of 6 votes which shall be distributed on three out of five answers. My favourite answer should get three votes, the second best answer shall get two votes and my third best option shall get one vote.

What I am after is a poll which lets me present up to 10 answers (which the extension already does) and lets me specify how many votes can be distributed on how many answers (in my example 6 votes (3+2+1) on three answers (favourite, second best, third best).

Do you think that this will be feasable?

Thanks in advance
TomS

edit: Just seen, that this is the version 1.2 thread with 1.1 pictures... I am currently running 1.1 b1
I will check the new version and come back.

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:57 pm

TomS2 wrote:Unfortunately the current version of Advanced Polls does it not for me.
I am looking for a functionality that lets me assign more than one vote/tick for an answer.

Example:
Answer 1
Answer 2
Answer 3
Answer 4
Answer 5

I have a total of 6 votes which shall be distributed on three out of five answers. My favourite answer should get three votes, the second best answer shall get two votes and my third best option shall get one vote.

What I am after is a poll which lets me present up to 10 answers (which the extension already does) and lets me specify how many votes can be distributed on how many answers (in my example 6 votes (3+2+1) on three answers (favourite, second best, third best).

Do you think that this will be feasable?

Thanks in advance
TomS

edit: Just seen, that this is the version 1.2 thread with 1.1 pictures... I am currently running 1.1 b1
I will check the new version and come back.
This is exactly the functionality of the extension. You have to enable it in the ACP poll config page, under Extensions. And check the permissions as well.

What it does not check is for 3+2+1 votes, but maximum of 3 votes, up to 3 points each, total of 6 maximum points. So, voting 3+2+1 is possible, but 3+3 is also possible, and 2+2+2, and any other combination giving less than six votes to up to three options.

Hope this helps,
-javiexin

TomS2

Post by TomS2 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:00 pm

This is exactly the functionality of the extension. You have to enable it in the ACP poll config page, under Extensions. And check the permissions as well.

What it does not check is for 3+2+1 votes, but maximum of 3 votes, up to 3 points each, total of 6 maximum points. So, voting 3+2+1 is possible, but 3+3 is also possible, and 2+2+2, and any other combination giving less than six votes to up to three options.

Hope this helps,
-javiexin
Thanks a lot. It really does what I am expecting and it will do it for me now.
However I have reworked and completed the German translation to get it even more precise to the context. In addition I have created the German formal translation and would like to share both with you for integration into the extension.

Please let me know how I can send you the files, as PM inside this forum are not allowed (at least for me).

Thanks and best regards
Tom

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:06 pm

Glad it does what you need!

I have decided to NOT include translations with my extensions, due to issues when upgrading/updating the extension. But I certainly thank you for the effort in translating. If you want, just publish them here. Once the extension is validated, I will open an specific thread for such language submissions.

Regards,
-javiexin

TomS2

Post by TomS2 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:29 pm

Hi I now get general errors when trying to create a poll. Please see the error message below:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Out of range value for column 'poll_start' at row 1 [1264]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_topics SET forum_id = 58, icon_id = 0, topic_title = 'Testabstimmung', topic_first_poster_name = 'admin', topic_type = 0, topic_time_limit = 0, poll_title = 'Testabstimmung', poll_start = -86400, poll_max_options = 3, poll_length = 86400, poll_vote_change = 1, topic_last_view_time = 1480458283, topic_attachment = 0, wolfsblvt_poll_votes_hide = 1, wolfsblvt_poll_voters_show = 0, wolfsblvt_poll_voters_limit = 0, wolfsblvt_poll_show_ordered = 1, wolfsblvt_poll_max_value = 3, wolfsblvt_poll_total_value = 6 WHERE topic_id = 143

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php
LINE: 855
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php
LINE: 193
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\driver->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/factory.php
LINE: 329
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 1982
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\factory->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/posting.php
LINE: 1406
CALL: submit_post()
Any idea what could cause this? I am trying to create a poll with 5 options, # of selectable options 3, # of votes per option 3, total # of votes 6.

What means 'poll_start=-86400' above?

Thanks
TomS

Edit: It seems, that this error occurs only when selecting a date to determine the duration of the poll.

TomS2

Post by TomS2 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:48 pm

javiexin wrote:Glad it does what you need!

I have decided to NOT include translations with my extensions, due to issues when upgrading/updating the extension. But I certainly thank you for the effort in translating. If you want, just publish them here. Once the extension is validated, I will open an specific thread for such language submissions.

Regards,
-javiexin
Hi javiexin,
can you please advise how to upload the file in here? It seems that the attachment function is disabled.

Thanks in advance
TomS

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:52 pm

TomS2 wrote:can you please advise how to upload the file in here? It seems that the attachment function is disabled.
Yes, you are right. The only option is as a link to a public place where you store it...
Another option is to make a Pull Request against my development branch at github (link in first post). I will not submit to the CDB validation, but at least, it will be available for others to download from github.
-javiexin
PS: In the CDB support forums, you can attach, so there won't be a problem later on.

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:59 pm

Sorry, second try (I already responded to this, but lost it before sending...).
TomS2 wrote:What means 'poll_start=-86400' above?
It seems, that this error occurs only when selecting a date to determine the duration of the poll.
Yes, this is a known error that I have been unable to chase down. I will have to find out what is going on, and where are my calculations failing. This is due to the fact that phpbb stores the poll duration in seconds, but presents it to the user in full days, so rounded, and therefore you have to recalculate and fake the poll start date to be able to have the exact date/time when you want it finished. Somehow, I have a case (that I have not been able to reproduce) that this calculation is wrong...

Please, send us the poll end parameters that you are entering, and the topic posting time, to see if I can reproduce it. In the meantime, change the end date/time by a few minutes, and try again... Or as a last resort, just set a poll length in days, while I fix this.

Apologies,
-javiexin

TomS2

Post by TomS2 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:11 pm

javiexin wrote:
TomS2 wrote:can you please advise how to upload the file in here? It seems that the attachment function is disabled.
Yes, you are right. The only option is as a link to a public place where you store it...
Another option is to make a Pull Request against my development branch at github (link in first post). I will not submit to the CDB validation, but at least, it will be available for others to download from github.
-javiexin
PS: In the CDB support forums, you can attach, so there won't be a problem later on.
This is a good idea I will try Github tomorrow.
Thanks, TomS

TomS2

Post by TomS2 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:18 pm

javiexin wrote:Sorry, second try (I already responded to this, but lost it before sending...).
TomS2 wrote:What means 'poll_start=-86400' above?
It seems, that this error occurs only when selecting a date to determine the duration of the poll.
Yes, this is a known error that I have been unable to chase down. I will have to find out what is going on, and where are my calculations failing. This is due to the fact that phpbb stores the poll duration in seconds, but presents it to the user in full days, so rounded, and therefore you have to recalculate and fake the poll start date to be able to have the exact date/time when you want it finished. Somehow, I have a case (that I have not been able to reproduce) that this calculation is wrong...

Please, send us the poll end parameters that you are entering, and the topic posting time, to see if I can reproduce it. In the meantime, change the end date/time by a few minutes, and try again... Or as a last resort, just set a poll length in days, while I fix this.

Apologies,
-javiexin
Glad to hear that this is a known issue.
No problem, I am still testing and have some time left before this will go live. ;)
One occurrence was around today 2016-11-29 at 23:20 with an end date of 2016-11-30 08:00

In the meantime I really did use the poll length in days/ hours which is working fine.
I will resume testing tomorrow.

Thanks and Cheers
TomS

TomS2

Advanced Polls 1.2 - German localization informal & formal

Post by TomS2 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:35 pm

Hi all,

Please find attached the German translations for the Advanced Polls extension for phpBB 3.1.x

Please feel free to use and share.

Regards TomS
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

TomS2

Post by TomS2 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:37 pm

TomS2 wrote:
javiexin wrote:
-javiexin
This is a good idea I will try Github tomorrow.
Thanks, TomS
I have managed to upload the language files here ;) My upload has been deleted over there... unfortunately I have not been notified about this fact.

Good night, TomS

javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:35 pm

TomS2 wrote:
TomS2 wrote:
javiexin wrote:I have managed to upload the language files here ;) My upload has been deleted over there... unfortunately I have not been notified about this fact.
In fact, it has not been deleted, but moved to this topic, I guess that someone from the Moderator team has done it. Unfortunately, this has also deactivated the zip file with the translation... So not available any longer.
-javiexin

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”