[ABD] Advanced Polls 1.2

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Mohammed AlSarsawi
Registered User
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Re: [3.1][BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by Mohammed AlSarsawi » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:12 pm

I have project that need a daily performance reports
so the pall contain some tasks and the users must update there performance every day
and users must don't put more than 1 point or vote for each task in a single day -for example-

depending on kind of tasks
this reports not needed any more next month or week so we reset the votes and start again
but it's difficult to manually reset 10-20 polls or more every time

I think this 2 features is important for all performance based projects and companys

njs
Registered User
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:59 pm
Location: Aveiro, Portugal

Re: [3.1][BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by njs » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:55 pm

A quick bug fix.

The message details button doesn't show the text in 3.2, somehow there's something forcing the font-size to be 0 in buttons.css.

Add this to advancedpolls.css and it will show up again:

Code: Select all

.post-buttons .button span {
    font-size: 13px !important;
}

User avatar
javiexin
Code Contributor
Posts: 1157
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:46 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain
Name: Javier
Contact:

Re: [3.1][BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by javiexin » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:05 pm

Thanks for the report. Have you checked it is a core issue, or is it related to other extension?
To test it, disable all other extensions, refresh the browser cache, possibly even use a different browser if available, and check it does the same. If it does, it is a core 3.2 change that is affecting the extension. If it works in this environment, then it is a extension compatibility issue.

Anyhow, I have not yet released a 3.2 ready version of this extension. If you use it in 3.2, I would be glad to get your feedback. You have to "remove" (disable, not use, etc.) the Poll Ended Notification feature, as that is definitely 3.1 only. The rest should mostly work. There might be some issues with the styling and javascript, due to changes in the prosilver style for 3.2 (quite significant), but other than than, should be quite ok.

Again, thanks for the report.
-javiexin

njs
Registered User
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:59 pm
Location: Aveiro, Portugal

Re: [3.1][BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by njs » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:05 am

I'm not sure this is 3.2 only or not as I only tested in 3.2 and not on 3.1, but prosilver's buttons.css has this entry:

Code: Select all

.post-buttons .button span {
	font-size: 0;
}
That's why there's the need to fix it in your css.

Chabniest
Registered User
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:01 pm

Re: [3.1][BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by Chabniest » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:10 pm

javiexin wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:05 pm
Thanks for the report. Have you checked it is a core issue, or is it related to other extension?
To test it, disable all other extensions, refresh the browser cache, possibly even use a different browser if available, and check it does the same. If it does, it is a core 3.2 change that is affecting the extension. If it works in this environment, then it is a extension compatibility issue.

Anyhow, I have not yet released a 3.2 ready version of this extension. If you use it in 3.2, I would be glad to get your feedback. You have to "remove" (disable, not use, etc.) the Poll Ended Notification feature, as that is definitely 3.1 only. The rest should mostly work. There might be some issues with the styling and javascript, due to changes in the prosilver style for 3.2 (quite significant), but other than than, should be quite ok.

Again, thanks for the report.
-javiexin
Hi,

I am testing your extension with phpBB 3.2 and only disable the Poll Ended Notification feature doesn't resolve the "Set Notification" error message.

User avatar
javiexin
Code Contributor
Posts: 1157
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:46 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain
Name: Javier
Contact:

Re: [3.1][BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by javiexin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:21 pm

Please, try the following:
Disable the extension. If possible, delete data, to be sure.
Edit the config/services.yml file in the extension, and remove the highligthed lines:
https://github.com/Wolfsblvt/advancedpo ... ml#L23-L52
Now, enable the extension, and test it. Of course, do NOT activate poll end notifications.
Let me know how it goes.
Thanks,
-javiexin

Chabniest
Registered User
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:01 pm

Re: [3.1][BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by Chabniest » Mon May 01, 2017 8:39 am

this worked great.

User avatar
javiexin
Code Contributor
Posts: 1157
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:46 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain
Name: Javier
Contact:

Re: [3.1][BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by javiexin » Mon May 01, 2017 12:18 pm

Glad it worked for you. Any further issue with 3.2, please, report here.

Regards,
-javiexin

User avatar
Neverlands
Registered User
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:06 am
Location: Vienna / Austria
Contact:

Re: [3.1][BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by Neverlands » Fri May 05, 2017 11:42 pm

Great I've found the solution here :D
I had exactly the same problem with the notifications options.

njs
Registered User
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:59 pm
Location: Aveiro, Portugal

Re: [3.1][BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by njs » Mon May 15, 2017 1:04 pm

Any plans for supporting notifications in 3.2 ?

Thanks for the extension, it's really useful.

User avatar
javiexin
Code Contributor
Posts: 1157
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:46 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain
Name: Javier
Contact:

Re: [3.1][BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by javiexin » Mon May 15, 2017 1:28 pm

njs wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 1:04 pm
Any plans for supporting notifications in 3.2 ?

Thanks for the extension, it's really useful.
Yes, but not any time soon. I have other priorities unfortunately.

njs
Registered User
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:59 pm
Location: Aveiro, Portugal

Re: [3.1][BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by njs » Wed May 17, 2017 7:13 pm

While creating a poll on my board I got the following error:

https://s18.postimg.org/984genqkp/Erro.jpg

It seems that the poll_start is getting a negative value. Is this already known ? I didn't set any strange dates or so.

Thanks

User avatar
javiexin
Code Contributor
Posts: 1157
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:46 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain
Name: Javier
Contact:

Re: [3.1][BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by javiexin » Wed May 17, 2017 7:47 pm

njs wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 7:13 pm
While creating a poll on my board I got the following error:

https://s18.postimg.org/984genqkp/Erro.jpg

It seems that the poll_start is getting a negative value. Is this already known ? I didn't set any strange dates or so.
Known bug. Solution here: viewtopic.php?p=14571996#p14571996

-javiexin

njs
Registered User
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:59 pm
Location: Aveiro, Portugal

Re: [3.1][BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by njs » Wed May 17, 2017 9:23 pm

Thanks :) I didn't go too far back looking for possible solutions, sorry.

Bruce Banner
Registered User
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:36 am

Re: [3.1][BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by Bruce Banner » Fri May 19, 2017 7:26 pm

Hi. There's something confusing me. There's an option with this extension to show poll voters, but there's also a permission in the forum permissions section of the acp to allow people to see poll voters. So if a group has permission to see poll voters but this extension's option to show poll voters is set to no, does that mean that that group won't be able to see them despite the permission?

EDIT: Oh wait, is that permission in the acp part of this extension?

Locked

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Manard and 7 guests