[ABD] Advanced Polls 1.2

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
javiexin
Code Contributor
Name: Javier

Re: [3.1][BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by javiexin »

3Di wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:22 am Hi Javier,
in case of "delete user but retain posts" the only reference you could play with is the index post_username in the POSTS table, the poster_id will be set to ANONYMOUS (1).
Like adding a vote_user_name to the VOTES_TABLE and do some magic.

If you retain posts whilst deleting an user IMO the votes should be retained as well, removed in case of "delete user and posts". But that's just my opinion. :)

Regards.
Thanks Marco.

I have reviewed the core, and the fact is that regardless of the delete user option (retain or delete posts), the votes table remains intact. But, as you said, there is no way to restore the username (unless you store them in the poll votes table, as you suggested, but IMO that would be overkill).

So, I am inclined to leave it alone, and "just" consider those votes as guest votes always. If you see guest votes in a poll that does not allow voting to guests, and you had deleted a user... Well, it's either that, or not much more (deleting votes during user deletion could be an option, but very costly, for almost no benefit).

Quick and dirty hack (I will provide a more definite fix in the next rev):
Around line 700, after { and before a call to to get_username_string, add the following:

Code: Select all

if (!isset($user_cache[$voter_id]['total_user_votes']))
{
	continue;
}
And then, around line 727, also after { and before a call to to get_username_string, add the following:

if (!isset($voter_data['total_user_votes']))
{
	continue;
}
Untested ;)
-javiexin
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Or use a "not available" language string to display instead of the supposed username

if (!isset($voter_data['total_user_votes']))
{
	$username_not_avail = $this->user->lang['USERNAME_NOT_AVAILABLE'];

// etc...
I don't know the code of this extension, just a thought, I already implemented this trick for TPOTM.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

Not a bad idea... I will look into it for the final fix.
-javiexin
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

get_username_string as a 5th parameter has "guest_username" (optional parameter to specify the guest username. It will be used in favor of the GUEST language variable then.)

The event core.modify_username_string allows to change this optional parameter to specify the guest username.

Seems elegant, at a first glance.
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

3Di wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:20 am get_username_string as a 5th parameter has "guest_username" (optional parameter to specify the guest username. It will be used in favor of the GUEST language variable then.)

The event core.modify_username_string allows to change this optional parameter to specify the guest username.

Seems elegant, at a first glance.
The problem is that I should know where it is being called from, as I do not want to mess around with other extensions that might do this for (better) reasons. So I prefer the fix to involve only the current extension code (using the extra get_username_string param would be ok). Anyhow, the original name is lost, so there is no way to get anything but a generic language string, so if done, why not doing it directly... Not sure if it is worth that complication, this is an extremely rare case, so keeping the votes as "guest" votes could be ok. I will look into it.
-javiexin
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Indeed, agreed. :)
ALXGS

Re: [BETA] Advanced Polls 1.2

Post by ALXGS »

javiexin wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:59 pm I am planning on releasing a new version within a month or two, to be submitted to the CDB.

There are only a few changes that I am planning:
- Vote removal
- Improvements on the poll definition page
- Chasing the inconsistent issue with some polls failing with the "Out of range value for column 'poll_start'" error

I will then work on the migration of the extension to 3.2.

Regards,
-javiexin
Hi javiexin! How it's going the work on 3.2? Some good news?

Great ext!!! :)
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

ALXGS wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:54 pm Hi javiexin! How it's going the work on 3.2? Some good news?
Unfortunately, slow.

I am embarked in another extension that is taking way more that what I expected... But it will come :lol:
-javiexin
EFiNSTORM

Post by EFiNSTORM »

FYI guys,

Anyone using this extension with 3.2 will get an 500 error in notification options. Since it's still using the old 3.1 function.
Mohammed AlSarsawi

Post by Mohammed AlSarsawi »

Hello

Thank you for the great ext.
can you make the option of making poll for every posts in one subject
not only one poll for each subject
i really need this
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

If I understand you right, what you want is that a single topic has multiple polls in it, as many as one per post.

If this is the case, I must say that this is not possible with the current poll system in phpbb, as the poll is uniquely identified with the topic (poll is an optional component of the topic) and posts do NOT have any relation with polls.

So, I am afraid there is no chance. Sorry.
-javiexin
Mohammed AlSarsawi

Post by Mohammed AlSarsawi »

yes that what i mean .. poll for each post

I hope the phpBB poll system will support this in future
at least multi questions with there own options for a single subject

Thank you
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

Mohammed AlSarsawi wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:29 am I hope the phpBB poll system will support this in future
at least multi questions with there own options for a single subject
Don't count on this.
But multiple questions in same poll might be possible in a future version of this extension, not any time soon though, too much backlog...
-javiexin
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

I am having a problem. I have had this installed for some time and updated my forum a few times since and I am getting ready to go to 3.2 and that is when I noticed I no longer had any ACP settings for this in the extensions tab and when I disabled it and went to delete the data I get this error.

A required module does not exist: AP_TITLE_ACP
I have tried re-uploading the extension files with no luch and it wont delete the data so I can uninstall it properly. Any ideas??

Thanks.

EDIT: I had to manually add the AP_TITLE_ACP to the extensions tab then delete data again and that seemed to work and not report any errors.
javiexin
Code Contributor

Post by javiexin »

Note that this extension does NOT work (completely) in 3.2. It needs updating in the Notification reminders section, and it has not gone through enough testing in 3.2.

Regarding your issue, what you did seems right to me. If you continue having issues let me know. But I suspect that at some point in time you removed the files without disabling/delete data the extension, and that is a bad idea in general (I know that usually happens by accident and not on purpose...)

Regards,
-javiexin

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”