[ABD] Advanced Payments System

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Dugi
Name: Dukagjin Surdulli

[ABD] Advanced Payments System

Post by Dugi » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:44 pm

Extension name: Advanced Payments System

Author: Dugi

Extension description:
Some of you might already be familiar with my previous donation modification made for the 3.0.x line. It was a successful modification with a lot of users who helped me a lot during the way to make it as good as possible. With the end of the 3.0.x versions of phpBB, I never managed to have the MOD validated, so there it is laying in RC status (ready for use).

I'm now back here to make the MOD available in 3.1 as an extension! This time, I plan to do a lot more than just Paypal. I plan to add other payment options, such as Google Wallet etc. (input required). But before I head into development, I'm interested on seeing the demand for such an extension and also have you guys give me suggestions for features you see as essential to have this project started.

I still haven't thoroughly studied the extension system, but I get the idea: Events, routes, controllers etc. So please bear with me here.

Image Github repository:
https://github.com/dugajean/Advanced-Payments-System

So folks, comment away your thoughts on this! :D
Last edited by Dugi on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
PM me for custom extension pricing / My validated MODs / My MODs in development

Dugi

Re: [DEV] Advanced Donations System

Post by Dugi » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:46 pm

Reserved for changelog.

Parador

Post by Parador » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:06 pm

Just wanted to let you know, that I am looking forward to see this mod getting ready. In fact, right now I am working on a forum, where a paypal donation system would come in handy!

Right now no ideas from my side, but I'll come back to you. Thanks for your effort!

wkuzma

Post by wkuzma » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:09 pm

I am not sure if you know that someone already made a paypal donation extension

Maybe yours will be different that his viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2309891

Looking at your mod seems a big difference - will wait until you start to make it, then see what its like.

martin123456
I've Been Banned!

Post by martin123456 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:45 pm

wkuzma wrote:I am not sure if you know that someone already made a paypal donation extension

Looking at your mod seems a big difference - will wait until you start to make it, then see what its like.
All so 2 paid ext's with auto groups and pm's are around. But neither have been added to phpbb.com.

So before you sit down and start coding bere in mind 3 ext's are around already one is on phpbb but lacks features.

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_CODE_UNTIDY and S_MESS_ON_INDEX Good If_Not_TIDY_Then_SUBMIT -->

Puchahawa
Name: Randy

Post by Puchahawa » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:09 pm

There is also an "official" paypal extension that is in the early stages of being developed by the phpbb staff.

nero

Post by nero » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:26 pm

If you can, please look at Caramel Cash and integrate it into the system so that people can receive cash with donating.

Also integrating it with Auto Groups Extension would be great (adding them into a certain group when the donate certain amounts of cash)

Dugi

Post by Dugi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:50 am

Thanks for your responses everyone!
wkuzma wrote:I am not sure if you know that someone already made a paypal donation extension

Alright, so I wasn't aware of this extension. It looks alright actually, but I don't know if it's going to be similar what I am creating. The purpose is the same, yes, but it's only limited to Paypal.

Some suggestions would be welcome though :D.
Puchahawa wrote:There is also an "official" paypal extension that is in the early stages of being developed by the phpbb staff.
Could you link me to this information please?
nero wrote:If you can, please look at Caramel Cash and integrate it into the system so that people can receive cash with donating.

Also integrating it with Auto Groups Extension would be great (adding them into a certain group when the donate certain amounts of cash)
The auto grouping feature was definitely planned to be added. The cash feature was something a lot of people requested in the previous version, so I'll definitely look into this one as well. Thank you! :)

Keep the suggestions coming folks! I'm trying to build something bigger so the use of this extension will actually be helpful to the majority.

Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:55 am

I liked your donation mod the best over what else was available for 3.0 so ill be following this with great interrest. :)

Puchahawa
Name: Randy

Post by Puchahawa » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:40 pm

Dugi wrote:
Puchahawa wrote:There is also an "official" paypal extension that is in the early stages of being developed by the phpbb staff.
Could you link me to this information please?
Here ya go. I would go ahead with your plans. It seems from your initial posts that this will be a more comprehensive extension. :)
[Poll] Community Choice: Next Official Extension

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:05 am

i will definitely be using this as i used your mod until i updated to phpbb 3.1. i currently only have a button generated by paypal and have made 2 pages for success or failed donations and will use no other donation extension but this one :D

nero

Post by nero » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:37 pm

Dugi wrote:The auto grouping feature was definitely planned to be added. The cash feature was something a lot of people requested in the previous version, so I'll definitely look into this one as well. Thank you! :)

Keep the suggestions coming folks! I'm trying to build something bigger so the use of this extension will actually be helpful to the majority.
Can you make it in the ACP where you can set levels of certain amounts of cash per paypal? So like if I wanted to put in a custom amount of 1000 Cash for $10 donation (and add as many levels as I want).

That would be so amazing if you could add that. Thank you so much! Is there any way I could help speed up this extension?

And also add a certain thing in the db having their total amount of donations (in dollars) which could work in coherency with Auto Groups. So if someone spends 10$ they get into a certain group, but if they choose to spend another 10$ and they hit the 20$ mark, then they get into another group on top of that and so on.

wrkalot

Post by wrkalot » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:45 am

Every ones needs are different but for me.... I need a system similar to VB's Subscriptions. That is a multi-level system with auto grouping, expires after a certain amount of time, pre-expiration email notification to the user, auto group if the subscription isn't renewed, etc...

I can then offer things like less ads (or zero ads), increased permissions for PM storage, (and other "perks") to those members that donated, depending on the amount donated.
Tutorial: How to add ads to your forum viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2417316

noth

Post by noth » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:48 pm

looking good!! Watching with interest

Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:23 pm

Cant wait to see where this goes. Loved your mod for 3.0.x so im sure this one will just as great. :)

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”