Extension Name: TimeAgo
Extension Version: 1.4.2b
Requirements: PHP 5.3, phpBB 3.1.x
Extension Description: This extension changes the phpBB native date-time to a Time Ago format. Example: (Before) Saturday, January 1, 1984 (After) 8 Months, 2 Weeks, 3 Days Ago.
Extension Download: v1.4.2b (.zip), v1.4.2b (.tar.gz), or get the latest WIP: bleeding
Project repository: Visit us on Github
Language Support: ar, cs, de, en, en_us, es, it, nl, tr. Language contributions are appreciated.
Arabic (AR): Alhitary
Czech (CS): R3gi
German (DE): Miri4Ever
Español (ES): Raul [ThE KuKa]
Dutch (NL): Svennson
Italian (IT): Sakkiotto
Turkish (TR): Cycling
- Compatible with all styles that use the native phpBB timestamp template tags
- Three (3) adjustable levels of detail
- Support for times from Seconds through Decades
- Configurable display options for Index.php, viewforum.php, viewtopic.php
- "Extended" detail option appends phpBB native timestamp to the end of the TimeAgo output.
- Automatically adapts for proper word order for non-English languages
- Definable de-activation timer to display native phpBB date-time on posts older than set number of days
Install: Extract the archive to the following folders in your extensions directory tree: /mop/timeago (final path looks like this: /ext/mop/timeago).
Enable: Open your ACP --> Customise --> locate TimeAgo extension in the list, click enable. Configuration options are available from the "Extensions" tab, TimeAgo General Settings.
**** v1.4.2 Change Log ****
- [QA] Optimize codebase via scrutinizer
- [FIX] Divide by zero in timeago function caused by code formatter misplacing a curly brace
- [QA] Optimize acp timeago_module to reduce paths and complexity
- [UPGRADE] Support added for Paybas 'Recent Topics' extension
- [UPGRADE] Add support for Turkish language
- [FIX] Updated incomplete translation
- [FIX] Minor UI issue (placement of checkbox element)
- [QA] Clean, simplify, optimize core methods
- [FEATURE] Timer setting in control panel to define 1-999 days. When the post has aged that many days, TimeAgo output reverts to native phpBB date-time output.
- [FIX] Support for language word order (i.e. placement of 'ago')
- [FIX] Index.php - check for posts to determine output
- [QA] Add support for travis-ci and EPV (Extension Pre Validator) testing
NOTES: Any translations which require non-English word order of the TimeAgo output string, the translator should notify me of such requirements when submitting the translation.
OPTIONAL: Native phpBB date-time output can be customized: ACP --> General --> Board Settings --> Date Format: custom. Edit the string to your required specifications. You'll need to push this custom setting to the users, too, since it's not set to custom by default at installation. Please note that this is optional, and not required for TimeAgo to function.