[ABD] Custom User Title

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

[ABD] Custom User Title

Post by imkingdavid » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:03 pm

Allows users to set a custom user title to be shown above, below, or instead of their group/user rank title.

This currently shows up on topic and PM view in the postbit, and in the profile. I may add it in more locations when the proper PHP and Template events are in place. Let me know where you'd like to see it and I can see about eventually adding it.

A new board config setting is added under Board Features, after the allow quick reply option, which lets you determine the custom title location.

A new global user permission is added in the Profile tab to let you choose who can set a custom title for themselves.

A new UCP setting is added in the Profile tab when the user has the above permission.

When a user's custom title permission is revoked, the title no longer shows on the frontend and they cannot edit it in their profile, but the data remains in the database (phpbb_users, user_custom_title). There is currently no way to edit the custom title when editing a user in the ACP.

This extension is currently in BETA and should not be used on a live board unless you are willing and able to fix issues yourself. I do not provide full support for unreleased extensions.

Here is a GitHub repository set up where you can follow development. Feel free to report bugs and suggest improvements. I don't plan on making this extension very big, so I may decline to add feature requests, but you're welcome to ask at least.
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

SalazarAG

Re: [BETA] Custom User Title

Post by SalazarAG » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Excellent job!

One suggestion: put option to display custom titles above the avatar.
I'm sorry for my English. Google Translator does a bad job. :D

imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Post by imkingdavid » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:32 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll consider it.

FYI I realized I haven't checked the security of the value entered in there. I will be testing for sql injection, xss etc. I tried to hook it in with how everything else is done using the events but I just need to double check that it is secure.

Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:38 am

Nice! I will be following this for sure. :)

imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Post by imkingdavid » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:20 am

Just to follow up, I tried putting HTML and such into the field and it looks like it's properly sanitized automatically, so that's good news. If you try this out let me know how it works.

Thanks!

sysz
Name: Kimmy Lindell Ekström

Post by sysz » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:00 pm

When i try to change custome user titel my admin rank change to the second titel my users get after they registered.
Currently working on the community

Rusmarin

Post by Rusmarin » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:19 am

I really like the idea and tried to install it. I do not know how to install the second part, the git command one
From the board root run the following git command: git clone https://github.com/imkingdavid/customusertitle.git ext/imkingdavid/customusertitle
Where? How? What?

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:42 am

Rusmarin wrote:I do not know how to install the second part, the git command one
You do not need that - just follow the instructions for the "Manual" installation.
imkingdavid wrote:This extension is currently in BETA and should not be used on a live board unless you are willing and able to fix issues yourself.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Rusmarin

Post by Rusmarin » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:03 pm

Ah ok, I did follow the manual and installed the extension, however nothing happened.

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:11 pm

Rusmarin wrote:Ah ok, I did follow the manual and installed the extension, however nothing happened.
Either you did not install it correctly or as it is still at beta stage it is not fully working.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul » Mon May 02, 2016 5:53 pm

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the extension author has not been active recently. If the extension author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the Extensions Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this extension, or any other extension that is marked as “abandoned” or “in development”, on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Extensions Team
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”