Page 3 of 5

Re: [RC] Limit for guests

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:27 pm
by Hartenheer
Sorry, but y can't it online. :(

Edit:
It worked.
Very good extension

Re: [RC] Limit for guests

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:19 pm
by Volksdevil
Edit: Got there before me.

Re: [RC] Limit for guests

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:39 pm
by Bruninoit
Delete this post, thanks.

Re: [RC] Limit for guests

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:48 pm
by Volksdevil
In addition to the below quoted 'Count down' timer...

I have another request :D

When you choose to hide all posts (Not just the first), it works fine...Does the job, but I think the other posts after the first look a bit strange with no content in them. At the moment, I've modified the code in the event/lfg.php so that the message for guests is shown in every post.

That's OK, but maybe it would be nice to have an ACP option for a message that shows in all posts AFTER the first post? :) Just an idea.
Bruninoit wrote:
Volksdevil wrote:It would be cool if there was a count down timer for the duration left before a member can view more topics. But maybe that's too much for the main purpose of this ext actually I don't know.

It's just that I've changed the message a little bit to be more 'Obvious', I'd add a screen shot here but can't add attachments in this forum! So for an example of the message (Where a count down could be added in place of 24hrs) please feel free to browse 3+ topics at http://www.corradog60.com/
Probably I'll add the countdown, with an ACP option to enable/disable it

Re: [RC] Limit for guests

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:59 am
by Bruninoit
Bho... I think that it's very ugly to show the same message on every post... But I'll probably add another option on PCA. New version coming soon :D

Re: [RC] Limit for guests

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:53 am
by Hartenheer
Sorry for my bad English

You can set the time limit?

Re: [RC] Limit for guests

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:17 am
by Bruninoit
Hartenheer wrote: You can set the time limit?
Time limit? There is just an option :ugeek:

Re: [RC] Limit for guests

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 am
by Bruninoit
Volksdevil wrote:It would be cool if there was a count down timer for the duration left before a member can view more topics. But maybe that's too much for the main purpose of this ext actually I don't know.
Volksdevil wrote:I think the other posts after the first look a bit strange with no content in them. At the moment, I've modified the code in the event/lfg.php so that the message for guests is shown in every post.
That's OK, but maybe it would be nice to have an ACP option for a message that shows in all posts AFTER the first post? :) Just an idea.
New Version RC2 with that news.

Re: [RC] Limit for guests

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:17 pm
by noth
in browser Chrome, not logged in, the limit has been reached, post 1 reads "You must register to continue the reading of topics." all other posts blank

go to browser IE Microsoft Edge, not logged in , limit has been reached? (same forums) but all posts readable

Re: [RC] Limit for guests

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:29 pm
by SalazarAG
It Works very well!

Re: [RC] Limit for guests

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:59 pm
by Bruninoit
noth wrote: go to browser IE Microsoft Edge, not logged in , limit has been reached? (same forums) but all posts readable
Bho... I hate IE, I don't have it... It is a very bad browser

Re: [RC] Limit for guests

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:33 pm
by noth
ok it’s a bad browser and not that many people use it, but why is it unaffected by this ext? if you use that browser, this ext has no effect?

Re: [RC] Limit for guests

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:00 pm
by Bruninoit
noth wrote:ok it’s a bad browser and not that many people use it, but why is it unaffected by this ext? if you use that browser, this ext has no effect?
Bho, I don't know why... cookie are stored server-side :ugeek:

Re: [RC] Limit for guests

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:06 pm
by Volksdevil
noth wrote:in browser Chrome, not logged in, the limit has been reached, post 1 reads "You must register to continue the reading of topics." all other posts blank

go to browser IE Microsoft Edge, not logged in , limit has been reached? (same forums) but all posts readable
Ooh, that's not cool. Hopefully that can be fixed.

PS: Thanks for the additions/requests Bruninoit, the 'Countdown' isn't quite what I meant but it's a cool feature anyway...

The countdown I was meaning was something like
"You have 24 hours left until you can read more posts" Or "Come back in 24 hours blah blah"

And then an hour later it would be:
"You have 23 hours left until you can read more posts" Or "Come back in 23 hours blah blah"

Re: [RC] Limit for guests

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:09 pm
by noth
I hope that would be selectable in ACP, I for one am quite happy with it as it is :P

CONFIRMED: This EXT in its current version has no effect in IE Microsoft Edge