[ABD] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
ghost1313

Re: [RC] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by ghost1313 »

Love the ext, thanks for all the work on it! I'm struggling to get an image to show when I share a link via Facebook. An example is just sharing the main page of the forum. It shows the verbiage great but no image.
I know its user error and not the ext, how can I set a default image and where would I save that image?
Thanks a ton for any help/guidance you can provide!
jcocking

Post by jcocking »

ghost1313 wrote:Love the ext, thanks for all the work on it! I'm struggling to get an image to show when I share a link via Facebook. An example is just sharing the main page of the forum. It shows the verbiage great but no image.
I know its user error and not the ext, how can I set a default image and where would I save that image?
Thanks a ton for any help/guidance you can provide!

In the settings, you can define the default image to use on pages without images.
LotusElan.net is a fully responsive phpBB forum dedicated to the Lotus Elan Sportscars of the 1960s.
lifeguard81

Post by lifeguard81 »

Nice mod, but 1 problm.

When i share a post with image on facebook, tehre is no image.
when i share again, then the imae is there.

also when i share, sometimes there is a different image :D

how can i fix this?
Bye phpBB, hello Compo.sr A complete website package with news, forum, chat, gallery and much more!
jcocking

Post by jcocking »

lifeguard81 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:50 pm Nice mod, but 1 problm.

how can i fix this?
When you first click on Facebook, there will not be an an image. This starts a process at Facebook to retrieve and cache the image. Facebook place a temp image and then uses the image designated. Facebook checks your page on reloads to see if a different image should be used. Depending on settings, it will load the image designated.
LotusElan.net is a fully responsive phpBB forum dedicated to the Lotus Elan Sportscars of the 1960s.
lifeguard81

Post by lifeguard81 »

jcocking wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:47 pm
lifeguard81 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:50 pm Nice mod, but 1 problm.

how can i fix this?
When you first click on Facebook, there will not be an an image. This starts a process at Facebook to retrieve and cache the image. Facebook place a temp image and then uses the image designated. Facebook checks your page on reloads to see if a different image should be used. Depending on settings, it will load the image designated.
Yes you are right! Thanks for your answer and wonderful mod
Bye phpBB, hello Compo.sr A complete website package with news, forum, chat, gallery and much more!
pikachuturkey
Name: Rıza

Post by pikachuturkey »

Will you add WhatsApp for share to this extension jcocking?
pikachuturkey

Post by pikachuturkey »

pikachuturkey wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:15 pm Will you add WhatsApp for share to this extension jcocking?
and i ask another question,
i translated all language file to my language, but when i take the mouse over the icons it shows "Share on Facebook", "share on twitter" or "blog this!" etc.
i couldn't find this variables, there is no variable in language files like "Share on" or "Blog this" :?
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

pikachuturkey wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:25 pm
pikachuturkey wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:15 pm Will you add WhatsApp for share to this extension jcocking?
and i ask another question,
i translated all language file to my language, but when i take the mouse over the icons it shows "Share on Facebook", "share on twitter" or "blog this!" etc.
i couldn't find this variables, there is no variable in language files like "Share on" or "Blog this" :?
they are hard coded in overall_footer_after.html
pikachuturkey

Post by pikachuturkey »

they are hard coded in overall_footer_after.html
Thank you. i Will change this file. ;)
But I think it must be in language files :ugeek:
pikachuturkey

Post by pikachuturkey »

is it possible to set images of "Social Sharing" dimensions different for mobile view and normal desktop view.
Example: same Place's images, 24x24 px for mobile, 32x32 px for desktop normal view.
mrix2000

Post by mrix2000 »

Hello all, first what a really nice useful mod :shock: 8-) perfect to get those forum pages out in the world of social media :!:
I am using the mod within my posts but find they are situated a little too close to the text within a topic, is there anyway to move the line of social media icons down a few breaks ? or maybe have them below the posters signature, it would just seem a little more tidy and less intrusive etc.
Thanks for any help
Cheers
mrix
lifeguard81

Post by lifeguard81 »

Is this mod still in development?
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the extension author has not been active recently. If the extension author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the Extension Customisations Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this extension, or any other extension that is marked as “abandoned” or “in development”, on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Extension Customisations Team

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”