[ABD] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
jcocking
Registered User
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:47 pm

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by jcocking » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:30 pm

jcocking wrote:
jcocking wrote:
elsa23 wrote:
jcocking wrote:
elsa23 wrote:
Yes I do that, you can see it for google+ or pinterest

http://forum.elodieonline.com/

In local, all works fine
Thanks
What is the file type? Facebook does not allow gifs. Must be a png or jpg.
This is the image link :

http://forum.elodieonline.com/images/El ... ficiel.jpg
I'm remote and don't have access to a browser to look at it. Give me a couple of hours.
Take a look at this page. https://github.com/LotusJeff/socialshar ... e5c3a4ff71

We have a user that has indicated a bug with titles containing single quotes. Being a French site, you have a large number of single quotes. I have not finished testing this bug fix, but it should resolve your issue.

jeff
A new release was pushed today that resolves the issue. Please download and try it.
LotusElan.net is a fully responsive phpBB forum dedicated to the Lotus Elan Sportscars of the 1960s.

jcocking
Registered User
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:47 pm

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by jcocking » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:31 pm

A new release was pushed today. 0.9.2.
LotusElan.net is a fully responsive phpBB forum dedicated to the Lotus Elan Sportscars of the 1960s.

User avatar
girello
Registered User
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:53 am
Location: italia
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by girello » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:51 am

jcocking wrote:
girello wrote:hi
work with 3.2.0-RC1 version?
tnx
It has only been tested with 3.1.9
i try and work with 3.2
http://www.photolandia.net
version phpbb 3.2

User avatar
Okashii
Registered User
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:07 pm
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by Okashii » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:35 pm

I am in love with this extension!!!!

You rock! :D

elsa23
Registered User
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:36 am

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by elsa23 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:41 pm

jcocking wrote:
jcocking wrote:
jcocking wrote:
elsa23 wrote:
jcocking wrote: What is the file type? Facebook does not allow gifs. Must be a png or jpg.
This is the image link :

http://forum.elodieonline.com/images/El ... ficiel.jpg
I'm remote and don't have access to a browser to look at it. Give me a couple of hours.
Take a look at this page. https://github.com/LotusJeff/socialshar ... e5c3a4ff71

We have a user that has indicated a bug with titles containing single quotes. Being a French site, you have a large number of single quotes. I have not finished testing this bug fix, but it should resolve your issue.

jeff
A new release was pushed today that resolves the issue. Please download and try it.
It works now whith new version, thanks a lot :) :)
sorry for my bad english

elsa23
Registered User
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:36 am

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by elsa23 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:14 am

delete
sorry for my bad english

cichy_ludek
Registered User
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:31 pm

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by cichy_ludek » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:03 pm

I have little problem with facebook sharer (from "First post" button, i don't check and use other methods)
Image

Also i see that IMG url is unnecessary html-encoded:
<meta property="og:image" content="https&#58;//static&#46;bhphoto&#46;com/images/images750x750/1474292731000_1282852&#46;jpg" />

jcocking
Registered User
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:47 pm

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by jcocking » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:35 pm

cichy_ludek wrote:I have little problem with facebook sharer (from "First post" button, i don't check and use other methods)
Image

Also i see that IMG url is unnecessary html-encoded:
<meta property="og:image" content="https&#58;//static&#46;bhphoto&#46;com/images/images750x750/1474292731000_1282852&#46;jpg" />
Can you please provide a link to the page? I can not replicate on my test site.

jeff
LotusElan.net is a fully responsive phpBB forum dedicated to the Lotus Elan Sportscars of the 1960s.

cichy_ludek
Registered User
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:31 pm

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by cichy_ludek » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:17 pm

You can check this sharer buttons without them? Because it's turned off for now.

Also it would be nice to add option not to parse url from posts to og:description, or just don't parse urls without captions.
So:
dont parse http://aaa.bb
but parse text *my link* from [url=http://aa.bb]my link[/url]

Topic with image parsed with html-entities (but correctly recognized by facebook, so it's not that necessary)
http://filmuser.pl/niusy-ze-%C5%9Bwiata ... -t280.html or
http://filmuser.pl/niusy-ze-%C5%9Bwiata ... -t283.html

jcocking
Registered User
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:47 pm

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by jcocking » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:20 pm

cichy_ludek wrote:You can check this sharer buttons without them? Because it's turned off for now.

Also it would be nice to add option not to parse url from posts to og:description, or just don't parse urls without captions.
So:
dont parse http://aaa.bb
but parse text *my link* from my link

Topic with image parsed with html-entities (but correctly recognized by facebook, so it's not that necessary)
http://filmuser.pl/niusy-ze-%C5%9Bwiata ... -t280.html or
http://filmuser.pl/niusy-ze-%C5%9Bwiata ... -t283.html
Without the extension turned on, I can not determine what the issue is. My guess is you have multiple og tags on the page and that is why it is not working. You already have a set of og tags showing on the page. If you turn on this extension, you will then have two sets of og tags.

The image as part of the og:image file is ok to encoded.
LotusElan.net is a fully responsive phpBB forum dedicated to the Lotus Elan Sportscars of the 1960s.

cichy_ludek
Registered User
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:31 pm

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by cichy_ludek » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:45 am

Ok, i turn on for a while. But even if i tried to share with this invalid.invalid - nothing happens on fb.

Another question - where i can set {L_LOTUSJEFF_SOCIALSHARE_OPENGRAPH_LOCALE}, because it generate en_US, but forum is pl_PL? (of course i don't mean to manually delete in template/event)
Only og:... meta is generated from your extension.

jcocking
Registered User
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:47 pm

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by jcocking » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:03 pm

cichy_ludek wrote:Ok, i turn on for a while. But even if i tried to share with this invalid.invalid - nothing happens on fb.

Another question - where i can set {L_LOTUSJEFF_SOCIALSHARE_OPENGRAPH_LOCALE}, because it generate en_US, but forum is pl_PL? (of course i don't mean to manually delete in template/event)
Only og:... meta is generated from your extension.
Language file. You can make a PL file or just change the en file
LotusElan.net is a fully responsive phpBB forum dedicated to the Lotus Elan Sportscars of the 1960s.

jcocking
Registered User
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:47 pm

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by jcocking » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:23 pm

cichy_ludek wrote:Ok, i turn on for a while. But even if i tried to share with this invalid.invalid - nothing happens on fb.

Another question - where i can set {L_LOTUSJEFF_SOCIALSHARE_OPENGRAPH_LOCALE}, because it generate en_US, but forum is pl_PL? (of course i don't mean to manually delete in template/event)
Only og:... meta is generated from your extension.
The invalid.invalid is happening on the FB side. The pop up window is the FB sharer program.

The reason is you have commas in your og:url meta tags. This is an invalid url.

Code: Select all

<meta property="og:url" content="http://filmuser.pl,niusy-ze-%C5%9Bwiata-filmowego-f32,samyang-premium-14-2-4-i-85-1-2-t265.html" />
You must have an extension that is adjusting the board url. The extension doing the URL writing is conflicting with this extension. I would suggest you find out what that extension is doing.
LotusElan.net is a fully responsive phpBB forum dedicated to the Lotus Elan Sportscars of the 1960s.

cichy_ludek
Registered User
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:31 pm

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by cichy_ludek » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:36 pm

You must have an extension that is adjusting the board url. The extension doing the URL writing is conflicting with this extension. I would suggest you find out what that extension is doing.
Thank you for pointing this. I made a mistake in tas2580\seourl extension.
It's working now great.

cichy_ludek
Registered User
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:31 pm

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by cichy_ludek » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:43 pm

So, it would be great, to ignore "simple links" or other bbcode (eg. for youtube)

Locked

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron