[ABD] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
cichy_ludek

Re: [RC] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by cichy_ludek »

Of course. How about create some customizable fields - regex filters for images? They can be quite universal.
jcocking

Post by jcocking »

This extension was submitted today to the Customization Database.
LotusElan.net is a fully responsive phpBB forum dedicated to the Lotus Elan Sportscars of the 1960s.
iibasarah

Post by iibasarah »

not showing in every pages...
try to trace using inspect google chrome tells conflict with message "JQuery is not defined" in lotusjeff_socialshare.js line 22

please help?

my pbpbb 3.1.9
: : My Personal Website: http://indogem.com : :
jcocking

Post by jcocking »

iibasarah wrote:not showing in every pages...
try to trace using inspect google chrome tells conflict with message "JQuery is not defined" in lotusjeff_socialshare.js line 22

please help?

my pbpbb 3.1.9
Are you using a custom template?

This error indicates that jquery has not been called within the page. Standard pro-silver requires jquery on the homepage, forums and topics. These are the only pages where social sharing is setup to work.

Can you provide links?
LotusElan.net is a fully responsive phpBB forum dedicated to the Lotus Elan Sportscars of the 1960s.
iibasarah

Post by iibasarah »

I load jQuery from my local root and in head section. I use custom or 3rd party theme (style) that why the extention load lotusjeff_socialshare.js, right?.

My website: http://www.indogem.com

for inspect the extention u can visit http://indogem.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=5&p=6#p6
iibasarah

Post by iibasarah »

jcocking wrote:

please help?

my pbpbb 3.1.9

This error indicates that jquery has not been called within the page. Standard pro-silver requires jquery on the homepage, forums and topics. These are the only pages where social sharing is setup to work.

Can you provide links?
i tried a little hack with the js script:

Code: Select all

$(document).ready(function () {
  //your code here
});
and

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
  //your code here
});
but not working...
jcocking

Post by jcocking »

iibasarah wrote:
jcocking wrote:

please help?

my pbpbb 3.1.9

Can you provide links?
i tried a little hack with the js script:

$(document).ready(function () {
  //your code here
});
and

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
  //your code here
});
but not working...
Have you validated that jquery actually loaded?
iibasarah

Post by iibasarah »

how to validate it?. I've tried to rename file jquery-1.11.1-min.js and i got many errors. I think it shows that the jquery had been loaded properly.
jcocking

Post by jcocking »

iibasarah wrote:how to validate it?. I've tried to rename file jquery-1.11.1-min.js and i got many errors. I think it shows that the jquery had been loaded properly.
Your template is using an asyncrounous jquery loading tool (head.js). The problem you are experiencing is the socialshare script is running before the head.load has finished downloading jquery.

Due to your templates unique features, you will need to wrap any javascript with head.ready function. See documentation at http://headjs.com/site/api/v1.00.html#ready If you look in your code, the javascript below the socialshare script has the head.ready function to wait for the files to download.

This is a custom template error caused by non-standard jquery loading tools. I would suggest getting help from the developers who built the flatboots theme. The theme does not support extensions that contain javascript.

The extension will not be updated to handle this special use case.
iibasarah

Post by iibasarah »

jcocking wrote:
iibasarah wrote:how to validate it?. I've tried to rename file jquery-1.11.1-min.js and i got many errors. I think it shows that the jquery had been loaded properly.
Your template is using an asyncrounous jquery loading tool (head.js). The problem you are experiencing is the socialshare script is running before the head.load has finished downloading jquery.

Due to your templates unique features, you will need to wrap any javascript with head.ready function. See documentation at http://headjs.com/site/api/v1.00.html#ready If you look in your code, the javascript below the socialshare script has the head.ready function to wait for the files to download.

This is a custom template error caused by non-standard jquery loading tools. I would suggest getting help from the developers who built the flatboots theme. The theme does not support extensions that contain javascript.

I made a little hack, I call lotusjeff_socialshare.js with this js script in file overall_footer_after.html. but not showing in navbar, fisrt pos and footer. only show using custom location 1 icons. but again, the position or alignment always center althought i've set to right alignment.

head.load("./ext/lotusjeff/socialshare/styles/all/theme/lotusjeff_socialshare.js?assets_version={T_ASSETS_VERSION}");
thanks for support...really appreciate it...
iibasarah

Post by iibasarah »

jcocking wrote:

I made a little hack, I call lotusjeff_socialshare.js with this js script in file overall_footer_after.html. but not showing in navbar, fisrt pos and footer. only show using custom location 1 icons. but again, the position or alignment always center althought i've set to right alignment.

head.load("./ext/lotusjeff/socialshare/styles/all/theme/lotusjeff_socialshare.js?assets_version={T_ASSETS_VERSION}");
thanks for supporting...really appreciate it...
jcocking

Post by jcocking »

iibasarah wrote:
jcocking wrote:

thanks for supporting...really appreciate it...
There are two different scripts that will need to be wrapped with the code. That will solve the issue you are having.
sunster

Post by sunster »

Hey,

Is it possible to include the forum heading also? For example right now when they share a topic it gets formatted as : topic - link

It would be great if we could have option to have it: forum - topic - link

It make much more sense when you share eg:

Diet - phpbb.com

vs

Health & Fitness - Diet - phpbb.com
jcocking

Post by jcocking »

sunster wrote:Hey,

Is it possible to include the forum heading also? For example right now when they share a topic it gets formatted as : topic - link

Diet - phpbb.com

vs

Forum heading can mean a lot of different things. A phpBB structure looks like this:

Board Name
-->Category Name
---->Forum Name
-------->Topic 1
-------->Sub Forum Name
------------>Topic 2

So what would you place in front of Topic 1 and Topic 2?
sunster

Post by sunster »

jcocking wrote:
sunster wrote:Hey,

Diet - phpbb.com

vs

Forum heading can mean a lot of different things. A phpBB structure looks like this:

Board Name
-->Category Name
---->Forum Name
-------->Topic 1
-------->Sub Forum Name
------------>Topic 2

So what would you place in front of Topic 1 and Topic 2?
I'd prefer the Forum Name. At least then it would make sense when shared as per my previous example.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”