[ABD] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
jcocking
Registered User
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:47 pm

[ABD] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by jcocking » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:52 pm

Extension Name:Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags
Author: jcocking

Extension Description: Provides social media posting. This extension supports 15 different social media sites and 6 different forum locations for posting icons. Supports dynamically creating Opengraph tags to provide Title, Description, Images and URL for all pages.

Extension Version: v 1.0.0

Features:
Social Sharing
  • Ability to have 6 different sharing locations
  • Each location can be turned on or off. Any combination will work.
  • Each location can have different sized icons (32px by 32px, 24px by 24px, 16px by 16px)
  • Each location can have different alignment (Left, Centered, Right)
  • 4 locations are predefined. (ProSilver Templates)
    • Navigation bar in alignment with breadcrumbs
    • First post of each Topic page.
    • Footer of Page
    • Hover outside of content (left edge of browser, right edge of browser, left of forum content, hieght of hover from top of browser)
  • 2 locations are user defined
    • Code is provided to add social share icons within your theme at your preferred locations
    • Ability to control icon size and alignment from within settings
  • Ability to have up to 15 different social media sharing sites
    • Blogger
    • Delicious
    • Digg
    • Facebook
    • Google Plus
    • Linkedin
    • Myspace
    • Odnoklassniki
    • Pinterest
    • Redidit
    • Stumbleupon
    • Tumbler
    • Twitter
    • VK
    • RSS.
  • Turn on or off social media icons from settings.
  • Change order of social media icons from settings.
OpenGraph MetaTags
  • Ability to create Opengraph tags for all pages
  • Ability to create Twitter Cards for all pages
  • Ability to choose first or last image of page to use.
  • Ability to choose a random image or a default image if no images are found on page.
Screenshots:
Topic Page Example
Image
Topic Page Example 2
Image
Top of ACP Settings Page
Image
Bottom of ACP Settings Page
Image


Demo URL: SocialShare Demo Server
Demo Username: Admin userid and password listed in Demo Boards

Extension Download:

LotusJeff - SocialShare @ Github
Image
Last edited by jcocking on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
LotusElan.net is a fully responsive phpBB forum dedicated to the Lotus Elan Sportscars of the 1960s.

User avatar
3Di
Registered User
Posts: 11872
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milano - Frankfurt
Name: Marco
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by 3Di » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:00 pm

Looks great. Very well, topic subscribed. :)
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

User avatar
posey
Registered User
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:34 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Gijs

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by posey » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:55 pm

This looks great!
Any chance to integrate the Official Pages Extension, so people can share those aswell?
Sorry, found out that this is already integrated - Awesome!

Found some small spelling mistakes:
'LOTUSJEFF_SOCIALSHARE_REDIDIT_ICON' => 'Redidit',
Should be:
'LOTUSJEFF_SOCIALSHARE_REDIDIT_ICON' => 'Reddit',
Probably change the variable itself to 'reddit' too?

'LOTUSJEFF_SOCIALSHARE_TWITTER' => 'Enable Twiiter Cards',
Should be
'LOTUSJEFF_SOCIALSHARE_TWITTER' => 'Enable Twitter Cards',

And the Hover Icons option (left side / left of content / right) resets every time you enter Settings?

And when in a topic in a private forum (only when in a topic, not in the private forum itself) I get this error message:
Image

Cheers,
Ultimate Extensions:
Image Ultimate Blog (coming soon)
Image Ultimate Teams

''I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is.''

jcocking
Registered User
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:47 pm

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by jcocking » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:43 am

posey wrote:This looks great!
Any chance to integrate the Official Pages Extension, so people can share those aswell?
Sorry, found out that this is already integrated - Awesome!

Found some small spelling mistakes:
'LOTUSJEFF_SOCIALSHARE_REDIDIT_ICON' => 'Redidit',
Should be:
'LOTUSJEFF_SOCIALSHARE_REDIDIT_ICON' => 'Reddit',
Probably change the variable itself to 'reddit' too?

'LOTUSJEFF_SOCIALSHARE_TWITTER' => 'Enable Twiiter Cards',
Should be
'LOTUSJEFF_SOCIALSHARE_TWITTER' => 'Enable Twitter Cards',

And the Hover Icons option (left side / left of content / right) resets every time you enter Settings?

And when in a topic in a private forum (only when in a topic, not in the private forum itself) I get this error message:
Image

Cheers,
Items placed in Issue #1. https://github.com/LotusJeff/socialshar ... s%3Aclosed

Items have been resolved.

Please update code from Github.

thank you for using the extension and reporting the issues.

jeff
LotusElan.net is a fully responsive phpBB forum dedicated to the Lotus Elan Sportscars of the 1960s.

User avatar
posey
Registered User
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:34 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Gijs

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by posey » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:50 am

Sorry, don't have GitHub otherwise I could of indeed made a Bug report there.

But thanks a lot for fixing it on such short notice, everything works like a charm now!
*thumbs up*
Ultimate Extensions:
Image Ultimate Blog (coming soon)
Image Ultimate Teams

''I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is.''

koraldon
Registered User
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:42 pm

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by koraldon » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 am

Looks really Great :)

Did you perform some testing to see impact on pages speed? What powers the sharing?
Is there a demo board?

User avatar
Siava
Registered User
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:07 am
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by Siava » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:05 am

Nice ext!

But when I disable Hover Icons other icons hides too. :roll:

jcocking
Registered User
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:47 pm

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by jcocking » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:33 pm

koraldon wrote:Looks really Great :)

Did you perform some testing to see impact on pages speed? What powers the sharing?
Is there a demo board?
Based on the performance tests I ran, the performance impact is minimal.
Cache Disabled
Increase in DOM Load: 0.0054 seconds
Increase in Total Load: 0.1236 seconds (image, css and js files)

Cache Enabled
Increase in DOM Load: 0.02883 seconds
Increase in Total Load: 0.056 seconds (image, css and js files)

The sharing is all internal JS with no external call outs. I do not have a public demo site with this available.
LotusElan.net is a fully responsive phpBB forum dedicated to the Lotus Elan Sportscars of the 1960s.

jcocking
Registered User
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:47 pm

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by jcocking » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:42 pm

Siava wrote:Nice ext!

But when I disable Hover Icons other icons hides too. :roll:
Yes, it is a bug. It is now fixed. https://github.com/LotusJeff/socialshare/issues/2

Please update code from Github.

thank you for using the extension and reporting the issues.
LotusElan.net is a fully responsive phpBB forum dedicated to the Lotus Elan Sportscars of the 1960s.

Nully
Registered User
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:11 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by Nully » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:15 pm

jcocking wrote:
Yes, it is a bug. It is now fixed. https://github.com/LotusJeff/socialshare/issues/2
I did not updated yes.
It's very difficult for me to find good location.
If I enable Hover Icons in any location it's very far from board and I don't see icon with smartphone.
Position in First post looks horrible.
Of course, I have these problems because I use only Facebook.
With last update I'll try to disable Hover icon and keep only icon in navbar (hope it will possible).
If not, I'll enable only Meta tags and disable Sharings.

jcocking
Registered User
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:47 pm

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by jcocking » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:33 pm

Nully wrote:
jcocking wrote:
Yes, it is a bug. It is now fixed. https://github.com/LotusJeff/socialshare/issues/2
I did not updated yes.
It's very difficult for me to find good location.
If I enable Hover Icons in any location it's very far from board and I don't see icon with smartphone.
Position in First post looks horrible.
Of course, I have these problems because I use only Facebook.
With last update I'll try to disable Hover icon and keep only icon in navbar (hope it will possible).
If not, I'll enable only Meta tags and disable Sharings.
Hover locations are programmed to disappear with monitors less than 705px wide. This is to support responsive design.

Each location can be turned on or off independently.

The concept of the social sharing is for your visitors to post your page on their Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest accounts. Curious why you are only showing Facebook.
LotusElan.net is a fully responsive phpBB forum dedicated to the Lotus Elan Sportscars of the 1960s.

jcocking
Registered User
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:47 pm

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by jcocking » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:33 pm

Nully wrote:
jcocking wrote:
Yes, it is a bug. It is now fixed. https://github.com/LotusJeff/socialshare/issues/2
I did not updated yes.
It's very difficult for me to find good location.
If I enable Hover Icons in any location it's very far from board and I don't see icon with smartphone.
Position in First post looks horrible.
Of course, I have these problems because I use only Facebook.
With last update I'll try to disable Hover icon and keep only icon in navbar (hope it will possible).
If not, I'll enable only Meta tags and disable Sharings.
Hover locations are programmed to disappear with monitors less than 705px wide. This is to support responsive design.

Each location can be turned on or off independently.

The concept of the social sharing is for your visitors to post your page on their Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest accounts. Curious why you are only showing Facebook.
LotusElan.net is a fully responsive phpBB forum dedicated to the Lotus Elan Sportscars of the 1960s.

Nully
Registered User
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:11 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by Nully » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:50 pm

jcocking wrote: Hover locations are programmed to disappear with monitors less than 705px wide. This is to support responsive design.

Each location can be turned on or off independently.

The concept of the social sharing is for your visitors to post your page on their Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest accounts. Curious why you are only showing Facebook.
Ok for hover locations. I did not for little monitors. Anyway I don't like (it's personal) to see icons outside the board :mrgreen:
After update it seems ok :)
I'm showing only Facebook, because at the beginning I only wanted to show image and text of a topic linked by myself in my facebook page (it is a personal page) and because topics are not related with myspace, printerest and other's contents.
Also, because I have some forums closed to guests.
Maybe I'll add twitter :|
(Days ago I sent you by PM my translation. For the last version it's more complicated. Surely some people will make it).

jcocking
Registered User
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:47 pm

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by jcocking » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:55 pm

Nully wrote:
jcocking wrote: Hover locations are programmed to disappear with monitors less than 705px wide. This is to support responsive design.

Each location can be turned on or off independently.

The concept of the social sharing is for your visitors to post your page on their Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest accounts. Curious why you are only showing Facebook.
Ok for hover locations. I did not for little monitors. Anyway I don't like (it's personal) to see icons outside the board :mrgreen:
After update it seems ok :)
I'm showing only Facebook, because at the beginning I only wanted to show image and text of a topic linked by myself in my facebook page (it is a personal page) and because topics are not related with myspace, printerest and other's contents.
Also, because I have some forums closed to guests.
Maybe I'll add twitter :|
(Days ago I sent you by PM my translation. For the last version it's more complicated. Surely some people will make it).
I simplified the translation file for public showing. It only contains one item located in common.php. The CAP files are much larger.

I will update the french common.php with the next release.
LotusElan.net is a fully responsive phpBB forum dedicated to the Lotus Elan Sportscars of the 1960s.

Nully
Registered User
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:11 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Social Sharing with OpenGraph Metatags

Post by Nully » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:01 pm

For my board I started translation of socialshare_acp.php. You changed, you are not talking anymore about attached images and I don't know what is the real meaning of Sequence Order. Sorry I'm an old newbie :mrgreen:

Locked

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron