[ABD] Prime Post Revision

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
pitur

Re: [RC] Prime Post Revision

Post by pitur »

Sanborn wrote:
Rhino.Freak wrote:Yes that worked :) and I do agree giving permissions to Admins by default.

oh and
Also, in the same mindset to avoid databases growing too quickly, it might be useful if we can enable this post history for specific forums only. We have eg a chit chat forum where people talk just about anything not related to the board itself. We don't need to see post history there, but for other forums that are on topic, we would like to see it.
for this, you can simply edit the templates to hide the button for specific forums using some IF conditions.
I know that, but then I need to edit the extension myself, which gets overwritten on each update :)
But seems that will be the way to go, at least for now.
I agree with you, being able to set this per forum would be a nice addition.

pitur

Post by pitur »

Wow. I did not mean to post this three times... :shock:

kocureq

Post by kocureq »

Hey guys, does this work with the tables of PPR for phpBB 3.0?

I've upgraded my froum from 3.0 to 3.1 and the old table with post revisions is still there in the database, but there is nothing in the forum that uses it. If I install this extension, will it read / show all the past information that was gathered with phpBB 3.0?

spaceace

Post by spaceace »

kocureq wrote:Hey guys, does this work with the tables of PPR for phpBB 3.0?

I've upgraded my froum from 3.0 to 3.1 and the old table with post revisions is still there in the database, but there is nothing in the forum that uses it. If I install this extension, will it read / show all the past information that was gathered with phpBB 3.0?
it seems that even though this extension has the same name as Primehalo's mod, they are not related in any way

Nadleeh
Name: Mark

Post by Nadleeh »

I've been using the extension on my board for a while now without any problems. But today a moderator notified me that clicking on the [*] button, to see the post revisions, results in a 404 error. A quick check in the database showed me the post revisions which are made are still stored, but viewing them in the browser is not working.

I have no clue why this suddenly doesn't work anymore. The only thing which changed recently is that we transferred from Apache to nginx as http server. Could this be the problem?

kocureq

Post by kocureq »

Any clue when will this extension go to production stage?

Bruninoit
Name: Bruno Andrew

Post by Bruninoit »

kocureq wrote:Any clue when will this extension go to production stage?
I don't know.
Nadleeh wrote:I've been using the extension on my board for a while now without any problems. But today a moderator notified me that clicking on the [*] button, to see the post revisions, results in a 404 error. A quick check in the database showed me the post revisions which are made are still stored, but viewing them in the browser is not working.

I have no clue why this suddenly doesn't work anymore. The only thing which changed recently is that we transferred from Apache to nginx as http server. Could this be the problem?
I used canonical phpBB method to generate links, if I remember well, so problem is in your server.

darren.cb

Post by darren.cb »

Fantastic! This works great when I use the default Pro Silver style, but when I switch to the main style of my board (PBTech) I no longer see the button to view post changes. I've looked through the theme files for the ext, but I'm not having any luck finding the necessary lines to make the buttons work with my style.

Any pointers?

DTK

Post by DTK »

Thanks for this extension. So far that I've tested it - works fine.

If you're still developing it, I'd like to see 1 change and 2 additions:

1) Don't add "Reason: Post restored" revision of post after post restoration. I can't think of any reasons why would someone need that behavior, or make it as an option.

2) Add the possibility to add custom message (instead of "Original post version") on post restoration, or exclude any at all. As an example: this might be useful to write something like "Restored original version. Mod received warning and his rights were taken away".

3) Notification if someone, other than you, has edited your(user) post, which will be linked to the post revision(depends on "revision view" permissions).

Bruninoit
Name: Bruno Andrew

Post by Bruninoit »

Point 2: If I remember well, you can change it from language pack.

Point 3: it's not in my plans, because it isn't the point of this extension...

DTK

Post by DTK »

Bruninoit wrote:Point 2: If I remember well, you can change it from language pack.

Point 3: it's not in my plans, because it isn't the point of this extension...
You lost the point of #2 completely. The point is to add custom message during the post restoration (use default "Original post version" if nothing entered), without additional editing after the restoration, because if you'll want to do so now then you'll need to edit restored post after its restoration, which will generate 1 more useless revision in addition to #1. Hopefully I haven't confused you even more :lol:

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: [ABD] Prime Post Revision

Post by Paul »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the extension author has not been active recently. If the extension author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the Extensions Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this extension, or any other extension that is marked as “abandoned” or “in development”, on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Extensions Team
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”