[ABD] Prime Post Revision

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Nadleeh
Name: Mark

Re: [BETA] Prime Post Revision

Post by Nadleeh »

My bad, post 83727 was from a v3.1.7-pl1 board where I also tested the extension. But for post 860013 -with the right link- the page doesn't show the edits. On the board with the latest phpBB version same result.
Bruninoit
Name: Bruno Andrew

Post by Bruninoit »

David B wrote:I've got the same issue. The edits are being saved to the database, but the page to view the changes is just displaying blank page.
Nadleeh wrote:I saw the new button indeed. Clicking it gives no errors, but it shows nothing, except who made the extension :)

Ok, I'm stupid. :D There are 3 permissions that can be set in acp-permissions-permissions group... :D
Nadleeh

Post by Nadleeh »

:D I will check later today ;).
Nadleeh

Post by Nadleeh »

Bruninoit wrote:Ok, I'm stupid. :D There are 3 permissions that can be set in acp-permissions-permissions group... :D
Works :D

David B

Post by David B »

Was the updated applied to the download? The version number is still the same so I am somewhat confused.
Bruninoit

Post by Bruninoit »

David B wrote:Was the updated applied to the download? The version number is still the same so I am somewhat confused.
There are no error on the version. I didn't remember that I had added a set of permission that you can just set. Without setting them, you cannot see the edits of posts
David B

Post by David B »

Bruninoit wrote:
David B wrote:Was the updated applied to the download? The version number is still the same so I am somewhat confused.
There are no error on the version. I didn't remember that I had added a set of permission that you can just set. Without setting them, you cannot see the edits of posts
Gotcha. Is it possible to prevent the blank page from showing to users that do not have permission to view revisions?

Update: I found a way to remove the edit button from appearing on edited posts if you do not have permission to view the edits. To do this, replace the first line of /bruninoit/ppr/styles/all/template/event/viewtopic_body_post_buttons_after.html with

Code: Select all

<!-- IF postrow.U_PPR && ppr_list.U_VIEW -->
and save the changes. Before the change was applied on my forum, I had to purge the cache.

Update 2: Actually, don't do that. It seems to get rid of the button altogether.
Bruninoit

Post by Bruninoit »

File event/main_listener.php
Replace

if(in_array($post_id, $this->ppr))
with

if(in_array($post_id, $this->ppr) and $this->auth->acl_get('u_ppr_view'))
David B

Post by David B »

Bruninoit wrote:File event/main_listener.php
Replace

if(in_array($post_id, $this->ppr))
with

if(in_array($post_id, $this->ppr) and $this->auth->acl_get('u_ppr_view'))
Sweet! Thanks!
David B

Post by David B »

I'm sorry that I continue to bombard you with questions, but I have another one: are post attachments saved as part of the revision history? For example, if a post edit removes an attachment, will the attachment be restored if the version of the post that contained the attachment is restored?
Bruninoit

Post by Bruninoit »

David B wrote:I'm sorry that I continue to bombard you with questions, but I have another one: are post attachments saved as part of the revision history? For example, if a post edit removes an attachment, will the attachment be restored if the version of the post that contained the attachment is restored?
No... The extension saves only the subject and the text of a post... Next versions I'll add the functions of restore and delete, after that I can see if add also the attachments...
David B

Post by David B »

Bruninoit wrote:
David B wrote:I'm sorry that I continue to bombard you with questions, but I have another one: are post attachments saved as part of the revision history? For example, if a post edit removes an attachment, will the attachment be restored if the version of the post that contained the attachment is restored?
No... The extension saves only the subject and the text of a post... Next versions I'll add the functions of restore and delete, after that I can see if add also the attachments...
Cool! Thanks! I'm sure that I may be starting to push my luck now, but could you also look in to adding edit reasons to the revision history?
Bruninoit

Post by Bruninoit »

Yes, it's in the plan, the extension is just predisposed forr doing that.
Bruninoit

Re: [RC] Prime Post Revision

Post by Bruninoit »

NEW VERSION 0.1.0-RC1

Implemented features restore and delete old versions and all bugs reported fixed.
Nadleeh

Re: [RC] Prime Post Revision

Post by Nadleeh »

Working fine on a test board over here, encountered no bugs so far. Good job!

Small remark, is it possible to add a small text underneath the title which says something like "The newest post is on top."? This as a small reminder and for moderators.

Something like this :p.

I also made a Dutch translation, where can I send it to you? And when will it be out of RC-status?

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”