[ABD] Adsense & Ads for phpBB

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
User avatar
Stoker 4.0
Registered User
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:33 pm
Location: Funen, Denmark
Name: Ulrik Christensen
Contact:

Re: [RC] Adsense & Ads for phpBB

Post by Stoker 4.0 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:52 am

chfs wrote:I guess it is not compatible with phpBB 3.2 :(
Well, just tested it on 3.2 RC1 here: http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/testup31to32/
It works fine there.

messikecil
Registered User
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:42 pm

Re: [RC] Adsense & Ads for phpBB

Post by messikecil » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:45 pm

WOW, its a very good extension. its make me to upgrade my phpbb version 3.0 to 3.1 very like it. thanks

Airshipcenter
Registered User
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:42 pm

Re: [RC] Adsense & Ads for phpBB

Post by Airshipcenter » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:21 am

Friendly reminder to all who use Adsense, to my knowledge it is not allowed to put Adsense ads on pages like Rules, Login and Register, and this extension does put ads there if you use the Footer and Header ads.
Admin of LTA-Forum - http://www.airshipcenter.com/

User avatar
Stoker 4.0
Registered User
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:33 pm
Location: Funen, Denmark
Name: Ulrik Christensen
Contact:

Re: [RC] Adsense & Ads for phpBB

Post by Stoker 4.0 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:17 am

Airshipcenter wrote:Friendly reminder to all who use Adsense, to my knowledge it is not allowed to put Adsense ads on pages like Rules, Login and Register, and this extension does put ads there if you use the Footer and Header ads.
Also notice that you can use other ads than adsense ;)

Airshipcenter
Registered User
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:42 pm

Re: [RC] Adsense & Ads for phpBB

Post by Airshipcenter » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:35 am

Stoker 4.0 wrote:
Airshipcenter wrote:Friendly reminder to all who use Adsense, to my knowledge it is not allowed to put Adsense ads on pages like Rules, Login and Register, and this extension does put ads there if you use the Footer and Header ads.
Also notice that you can use other ads than adsense ;)
True, but in the title it says 'Adsense' too, while using this extension on the footer & header places in combination with Adsense is against the rules of Google at the moment. Unless a feature gets added that disables the ad on the pages I listed in my previous post. Don't want newcomers to get banned because of it. You can be lucky until you are not. ;) Still +1 for your effort and work on this.
Admin of LTA-Forum - http://www.airshipcenter.com/

User avatar
Stoker 4.0
Registered User
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:33 pm
Location: Funen, Denmark
Name: Ulrik Christensen
Contact:

Re: [RC] Adsense & Ads for phpBB

Post by Stoker 4.0 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:18 pm

Airshipcenter wrote:
Stoker 4.0 wrote:
Airshipcenter wrote:Friendly reminder to all who use Adsense, to my knowledge it is not allowed to put Adsense ads on pages like Rules, Login and Register, and this extension does put ads there if you use the Footer and Header ads.
Also notice that you can use other ads than adsense ;)
True, but in the title it says 'Adsense' too, while using this extension on the footer & header places in combination with Adsense is against the rules of Google at the moment. Unless a feature gets added that disables the ad on the pages I listed in my previous post. Don't want newcomers to get banned because of it. You can be lucky until you are not. ;) Still +1 for your effort and work on this.
I dont have ads on login and register, actually in none of the ucp pages.

Airshipcenter
Registered User
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:42 pm

Re: [RC] Adsense & Ads for phpBB

Post by Airshipcenter » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:21 pm

Stoker 4.0 wrote:
Airshipcenter wrote:
Stoker 4.0 wrote:
Airshipcenter wrote:Friendly reminder to all who use Adsense, to my knowledge it is not allowed to put Adsense ads on pages like Rules, Login and Register, and this extension does put ads there if you use the Footer and Header ads.
Also notice that you can use other ads than adsense ;)
True, but in the title it says 'Adsense' too, while using this extension on the footer & header places in combination with Adsense is against the rules of Google at the moment. Unless a feature gets added that disables the ad on the pages I listed in my previous post. Don't want newcomers to get banned because of it. You can be lucky until you are not. ;) Still +1 for your effort and work on this.
I dont have ads on login and register, actually in none of the ucp pages.
Does this extension allow you have ads only in header and footer of the the index, viewtopic and viewforum files? If so then I was misunderstood and I'll download it directly because my current ad extension only allows ads on viewtopic and viewforum and my bouncerate is too high.
Admin of LTA-Forum - http://www.airshipcenter.com/

Jww
Registered User
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:24 pm

Re: [RC] Adsense & Ads for phpBB

Post by Jww » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:55 pm

Hi, I see interesting problem on my website with this extension.

The loading gif is displayed over the adsense code. In fact, not over the adsense code, I think, it is displayed only on ads which do have transparent background. This means, there is no background on the ads to cover the loading.gif

Image

Is there any way to avoid it?

php 3.1.9

Thank you.

User avatar
Stoker 4.0
Registered User
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:33 pm
Location: Funen, Denmark
Name: Ulrik Christensen
Contact:

Re: [RC] Adsense & Ads for phpBB

Post by Stoker 4.0 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:45 am

Jww wrote:Hi, I see interesting problem on my website with this extension.

The loading gif is displayed over the adsense code. In fact, not over the adsense code, I think, it is displayed only on ads which do have transparent background. This means, there is no background on the ads to cover the loading.gif

Image

Is there any way to avoid it?

php 3.1.9

Thank you.
Open ext/stoker/adsenseads/styles/prosilver/theme/adsenseads.css and remove or edit this part:

Code: Select all

.adloader {
	background: #f4f4f4 url('./images/loading.gif') no-repeat center center;
}

andreask
Registered User
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:13 pm
Name: Andreas

Re: [RC] Adsense & Ads for phpBB

Post by andreask » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:40 pm

Two small questions...
Where should I put the code for the page level ads?
Anchor/overlay and Vignette ads?

Is there another way to have the Ad Block detector ad code?
I mean the "text link banner" you suggest doesn't look very nice... ;)
Here is what I am working on right now...
Inactive User Manager for phpBB
Give it a try...
If you would like to buy me a bier ;) for my work I will drink it on a hot summer day and thank you!!!

User avatar
Stoker 4.0
Registered User
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:33 pm
Location: Funen, Denmark
Name: Ulrik Christensen
Contact:

Re: [RC] Adsense & Ads for phpBB

Post by Stoker 4.0 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:39 pm

andreask wrote:Two small questions...
Where should I put the code for the page level ads?
Anchor/overlay and Vignette ads?
I would put it in the footer.
Currently working on 1.0.5 with option to disable loader.gif and set a background color for each ad conatainer.
andreask wrote:Is there another way to have the Ad Block detector ad code?
I mean the "text link banner" you suggest doesn't look very nice...
I dont know but test away ;)

User avatar
Stoker 4.0
Registered User
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:33 pm
Location: Funen, Denmark
Name: Ulrik Christensen
Contact:

Re: [RC] Adsense & Ads for phpBB

Post by Stoker 4.0 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:54 am

Updated to 1.0.6
Enable/disable the loading gif
Choose background color for each ad container
Adsense Page-Level ads for mobile content

Jww
Registered User
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:24 pm

Re: [RC] Adsense & Ads for phpBB

Post by Jww » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:56 pm

Updated to 1.0.6
Thank you.

andreask
Registered User
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:13 pm
Name: Andreas

Re: [RC] Adsense & Ads for phpBB

Post by andreask » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:28 am

Stoker,

I am still having the adblocking message (in firefox) even though I do not have any adblock runing/enabled.
There are no ads at all and only the text ads is shown (the special one for the detection of adblock).
On chromioum it works just fine.

Firefox info:
Version 47.0.1
Build ID 20160630070928

In firefox debug mode (console) I see this.
TagError: adsbygoogle.push() error: No slot size for availableWidth=0
Let me know how else I can help.

Thanks for your time
Here is what I am working on right now...
Inactive User Manager for phpBB
Give it a try...
If you would like to buy me a bier ;) for my work I will drink it on a hot summer day and thank you!!!

User avatar
Stoker 4.0
Registered User
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:33 pm
Location: Funen, Denmark
Name: Ulrik Christensen
Contact:

Re: [RC] Adsense & Ads for phpBB

Post by Stoker 4.0 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:14 pm

andreask wrote:Stoker,

I am still having the adblocking message (in firefox) even though I do not have any adblock runing/enabled.
There are no ads at all and only the text ads is shown (the special one for the detection of adblock).
On chromioum it works just fine.

Firefox info:
Version 47.0.1
Build ID 20160630070928

In firefox debug mode (console) I see this.
TagError: adsbygoogle.push() error: No slot size for availableWidth=0
Let me know how else I can help.

Thanks for your time
Does it work for you on my board?
I need a link to your board so I can take a look at it. But Im probably not at home before sunday ;)

Locked

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”