[ABD] Ultimate Points Extension

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
b1n

Re: [DEV] Ultimate Points Extension

Post by b1n »

hanh123 wrote:some deficiency
3. remove decimal settings
I want to remove .50 in the next version

My English is not good. sorry
Hey I've removed the decimal in my ext, it's very easy
there's a tutorial .. I need to find it again and I'll post here
silberfuchs

Post by silberfuchs »

Hi,

I am currently using JV-Arcade and I would like to know if there is anything planned (maybe together with the developer KillBill) to use the Arcade with Ultimate Points. So far we have to use 2 different point systems....

Nevertheless many thanks for your great job! I really like your extensions!
silberfuchs

Post by silberfuchs »

Sorry for one more question to the extension - is it possible to exclude a User ID collecting points, e.g. the user who is posting automatic feeds?

I do not now if this is the right way - I changed the access rights for this user that he is not allowed to use UP and reduced the points to 0.

Another issue on my page is that the German translation file of "info_ucp_ultimatepoints.php" will not be realized - only if it is placed in the English directory.....any idea?
Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady »

If I open the bank module (UCP) on your site I see it in German.
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.
silberfuchs

Post by silberfuchs »

Scanialady wrote:If I open the bank module (UCP) on your site I see it in German.
Yes, you're right because I copied the German language file into the English directory. Same file will not be "recognized" within the German language directory....?
silberfuchs

Post by silberfuchs »

Here it is another small "bug" to solve in future versions - the username is cut into two lines....

Scanialady

Post by Scanialady »

The language problem I can not confirm.
I have both - en and de folders - in language. Works. May be you have deinstalled the important english language packets?
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.
silberfuchs

Post by silberfuchs »

Yes, @Scania Lady you 're right. After installing the extension a second time it works fine now!
Darkness Seeker

Post by Darkness Seeker »

Good day.

Every time I try to update the valors on the Points Settings, the extension sends me back to the Index, unlogs me from the forum and reset the numbers in the fields. All of that without showing any kind of error.

Any ideas about how to solve this problem?
Scanialady

Post by Scanialady »

Have you checked your cookie settings?

https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... -settings/
Darkness Seeker

Post by Darkness Seeker »

Scanialady wrote:Have you checked your cookie settings?

https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... -settings/
Yeah, in fact everything works (the remember me at login and all of that), it's the extension which, everytime I try to update the Points settings sends me out of the ACP and unlogs me.

Just to be sure, the older version which got abandoned worked fine, but with this version... I'm not able to say if it's something related to this version, or what.

And before you ask about it, yes, I deleted all that from previous and abandoned version of Ultimate Points.
[Mikk]

Post by [Mikk] »

Estonian translation available!

>>> Download.et.ZIP <<<

Small note: Translation is made for general use with changing "Points" ("Punktid") into "X" currency, i.e."Kr.". If keep "Punktid", then you have a situation with plural.

EDIT 1:

Old co-Authors of Estonian Translation and support can see at phpBB.com #phpBBeesti discord: https://discord.gg/BJc7ZkY
nhseacoast

Post by nhseacoast »

Great job on this extension!

One request that I don't think you have in there...when a user deletes his post, it doesn't deduct their points. Is that something you thought of putting in?
http://nhgunforum.com phpBB v3.2.1
http://wtprise.org phpBB v3.3.2
nhseacoast

Post by nhseacoast »

Question:

I have all modules turned on and configured, but I'm not sure where to find the links to Lottery, Robbery, and Bank.

Also,

In the users' UCP under the "Ultimate Points" tab, the tabs look like this:

Lottery
Bank
Robbery
POINTS_TRANSFER_RECIEVED

Bug? I couldn't find anything in the language files to represent the POINTS_TRANSFER_RECIEVED
http://nhgunforum.com phpBB v3.2.1
http://wtprise.org phpBB v3.3.2

Post by 523066680 »

Austeyr wrote:This plugin rocks theres one issue on app.php/ultimatepoints page here is a screen shot see how text in the boxes kinda breaks its line even though it's one word, pretty minor error but annoying it's fine on a mobile but anything larger than a tablet and it does this.

My other and more important question is, Do you plan on adding a SHOP mod to go with this, people are going to want to spend these points on something. Right now they are just getting points and have nothing to spend them on they just get richer and richer, but whats the point of being rich if you can't buy nothing right.

Either way keep it coming this mod is one of your best mods but most of your mods are pretty damn good. i'm using quite a few of them on my son's forum Sabaai[DOT]org. He loves your mods :)
silberfuchs wrote:Here it is another small "bug" to solve in future versions - the username is cut into two lines....Image
Hello Austeyr, silberfuchs:

try this:
find
ultimatepoints/ext/dmzx/ultimatepoints/styles/all/theme/ultimatepoints.css

Code: Select all

.points-main-lists {
    text-align: left;
    display: inline-flex;
    margin: 1%;
    width: 20%;
    min-width: 130px;
}