[ABD] HIDE BBCode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
ntvy95

[ABD] HIDE BBCode

Post by ntvy95 »

Extension Name: HIDE BBCode
Author: ntvy95, based on the work of marcovo.

Extension Description:

Code: Select all

[hide=<user 1 id>, <user 2 id> | <group 1 id>, <groupd 2 id>]The content only user 1, user 2 and members of group 1 or group 2 can view[/hide]
Examples:

Usage variations:

[hide]The content only the poster can view[/hide]

[hide=2]The content only user with id=2 can view[/hide]

[hide=2,3,5]The content only user with id=2 or id=3 or id=5 can view[/hide]

[hide=|2]The content only members of group with id=2 can view[/hide]

[hide=|2, 3, 5]The content only members of group with id=2 or id=3 or id=5 can view[/hide]

[hide=2, 3, 5|2, 3, 5]The content only  user with id=2 or id=3 or id=5 or members of group with id=2 or id=3 or id=5 can view[/hide]
Nested bbcode is possible:

[hide=2, 3, 5|2, 3, 5]The content only  user with id=2 or id=3 or id=5 or members of group with id=2 or id=3 or id=5 can view
[hide]The content only the poster can view[/hide][/hide]
Poster always has the permission to view the hidden content in his / her own post. Users have the right to edit a post still can see the hidden content through editing the post.

The BBCode is still named "hide" for my own forum's purpose. If you want to change the BBCode tag name for compatibility with marcovo's work, just go ahead and edit the listener.php in event folder.

Extension Version: 1.0.0
Extension Download: GitHub

Tell me if this slow down your forum. Thanks.
Last edited by ntvy95 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
uruguayito

Re: [DEV] HIDE BBCode

Post by uruguayito »

an error:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/koutogima/hide/event/listener.php on line 171: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sniper/mobiledevice/event/listener.php on line 536: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sniper/mobiledevice/event/listener.php on line 537: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sniper/mobiledevice/event/listener.php on line 536: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/sniper/mobiledevice/event/listener.php on line 537: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)

I speak spanish
Sorry for my bad english
ntvy95

Post by ntvy95 »

uruguayito wrote:an error:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/koutogima/hide/event/listener.php on line 171: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Thank you for your report. I have updated the extension so that the warning does not occur anymore.
ntvy95

Post by ntvy95 »

I have updated the BBCode so that the user cannot view the hidden content through search process.
ntvy95

Post by ntvy95 »

koutogima wrote:I have updated the BBCode so that the user cannot view the hidden content through search process.
Well update again as the previous update did not fix this issue completely.
uruguayito

Post by uruguayito »

Other error in the first version

When you quoted If possible see the hiden message
I speak spanish
Sorry for my bad english
ntvy95

Post by ntvy95 »

uruguayito wrote:Other error in the first version

When you quoted If possible see the hiden message
It depends on who quote that message, are you sure that the one who can see the hidden message through quoting is not the one who has the right to view the message?
ntvy95

Post by ntvy95 »

I have had important update on the way HIDE BBCode works. I hope this version will be more secure.
ntvy95

Post by ntvy95 »

Just found a hole in the code: If you conduct a search with limited characters, you may end up reveal the hidden content. However, I have fixed this error in the new commit.
Ephemeraboy
Name: Bernando Bona Tius Sianipar

Post by Ephemeraboy »

hi
very useful ext indeed
can i ask feature to hide by post number
thank you very much
My diary, my notepad, and my life on
http://www.bonatius.com
nya

Post by nya »

Yeah. Would be nice to have ACP for configuring hide bbcode.
For instance, [hide][/hide] could show content for groups which added to "trusted" list in ACP.

Hide 1,2,3,5|2,5,6,7 is overcomplex for most of users. :)
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

Don't see a download button at github for testing this new version.
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

Extension Developments:
PHPBB Games Solitaire, MChat Poker, MChat Black Jack, MChat Cards, MChat Trivia
PHPBB Special Effects, Mousepointers, X-Mas Themes and Designs for PBWoW Style.
Supported work: (**New Updated** UCP Sidebar), Tables, Hide, PBWow3 Style
ntvy95

Post by ntvy95 »

Ephemeraboy wrote:hi
very useful ext indeed
can i ask feature to hide by post number
thank you very much
nya wrote:Yeah. Would be nice to have ACP for configuring hide bbcode.
For instance, [hide][/hide] could show content for groups which added to "trusted" list in ACP.

Hide 1,2,3,5|2,5,6,7 is overcomplex for most of users. :)
Thank you for your interest in this extension, however I am rather busy right now so I cannot make any promise about the features add.
Miri4ever wrote:Don't see a download button at github for testing this new version.
Thank you for the notice, I have updated the GitHub link on the first post, you can check it out: https://github.com/ntvy95/koutogima-hide.
salvocortesiano
Name: Salvo Cortesiano

Post by salvocortesiano »

Hi koutogima,
I'm interested in this extension, but I wanted to know if it was also necessary to create the bbcode in the ACP?
Another question, I use the extension of marcovo in the listener.php files I have to change only the tag [hide]? I do not even change the HTML or CSS template files?
Thanks in advanced

EDIT: I solved the compatibility with this ext marcovo :)
But when I quote the topic I see this: [hide] [hide]. The ext of marcovo when I quote the topic that's what I see {{you need to reply this topic}}
this is normal? I think should better if not see the tag [hide]!

Best Regards

Salvo
The best way to predict the future is to invent it!
mark5228

Post by mark5228 »

Ive been using this ext by marcovo. I removed that and deleted the data installed this extension.
The only thing that is hidden is the hide bbcodes themselfs. All my old topics that had hidden content are now revealed and the [hide][/hide] is just gone. When i go to edit i see its there but its hiding the bbcode instead of the link inbetween. I thought it was just old topics but if i edit a topic or create a new it still does the same. This is on 3.1.10

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”