[ABD] Styles Demo 1.1.4

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Miri4ever

Re: [RC] Styles Demo 1.1.4

Post by Miri4ever »

I tested some of those settings before but got no success with those exception rules, but now they seems to work with the new settings here.

It's not a demo board and login required is needed to block some things where PHPBB does not checking if people logged in or not. Your extension is a wonderful use to see and testing styles and postings, images, topics, tables how they are looking on mobile devices without checking checking it on those. Just to click the style button for tablet oder phone and see how things looking there.

It's often not possible to test things inside articles on every screen resolution and how they would look like there. This gap is closed by your wonderful extension and making things really more easy.
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

Extension Developments:
PHPBB Games Solitaire, MChat Poker, MChat Black Jack, MChat Cards, MChat Trivia
PHPBB Special Effects, Mousepointers, X-Mas Themes and Designs for PBWoW Style.
Supported work: (**New Updated** UCP Sidebar), Tables, Hide, PBWow3 Style
nedka
Name: Khoa Nguyen

Post by nedka »

Nice to hear that, Miri4ever :D Since your board is not a demo site, do not enable the ACP demo mode and everything is safe. I added the demo mode for ACP styles as an utility to allow developers showing their ACP modules for guests to test, click any items they like, and nothing saved later. Tell me if you have any suggestions to improve this extension.
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

Hello,

nedka two new "PR" to review. ;)

Best regards.
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

RevengeFromMars

Post by RevengeFromMars »

Hi,

i installed RC 1.1.4 on a phpbb 3.2.1, activate it... and lost my ACP.

The forum itself is still working but I have no more access to the ACP.
I got this error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'There are no registered paths for namespace "vinabb_stylesdemo" in "overall_footer.html" at line 42.' in /home/www.myforum.com/web/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:209 Stack trace: #0 /home/www.myforum.com/web/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(135): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('@vinabb_stylesd...') #1 /home/www.myforum.com/web/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(150): phpbb\template\twig\loader->findTemplate('@vinabb_stylesd...') #2 /home/www.myforum.com/web/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(329): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('@vinabb_stylesd...') #3 /home/www.myforum.com/web/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Environment.php(419): Twig_Environment->getTemplateClass('@vinabb_stylesd...') #4 /home/www.myforum.com/web/phpbb/template/twig/environment.php(292): Twig_Environment->loadTemplate('@vinabb_stylesd...', NULL) #5 /home/www.myforum.com/web/cache/production/twi in /home/www.myforum.com/web/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 209
I deactivated the extension with mySQL, and emptied the cache, but no change.....

Is there an easy (and non destructive) way to correct this ?
Because, well, er.... I did it on my production forum.... :oops:

Any help welcome !
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

1.1.4 is for 3.1.x
nedka wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:35 pm Extension Name: Styles Demo
Author: nedka

Extension Description: Style preview utility for phpBB, includes front-end and ACP styles.
Extension Version: 1.1.4 (1.2.4 for phpBB 3.2.x)

Requirements: phpBB 3.1.2+ or 3.2.x (2 different versions)
RevengeFromMars

Ok, thanks for the info.
So I made the mistake.

Now, considering I already have deactivated the extension, what can i do to regain access to the ACP ?

Is there something equivalent to "cleaning the data" as it appears in the Manage extension panel that I can do from mySQL ?

[EDIT] OK, got it !
for the record: With the extension deactivated (MySQL), I clear the cache (ftp), I installed the correct version for 3.2.1 (ftp), then I clear the cache again (ftp), and activate the extension (mySQL).

(Anyway: what remains unsolved is: How to regain access when even your ACP is down with that kind of error.... But that's another topic.)
david63

Post by david63 »

RevengeFromMars wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:56 pm (Anyway: what remains unsolved is: How to regain access when even your ACP is down with that kind of error
Knowledge Base - Disabling all extensions at once
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
RevengeFromMars

Ok ! That is a great one ! Thanks David !
Definitevely goes to my bookmark ! Big thumbs up !
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the extension author has not been active recently. If the extension author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the Extension Customisations Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this extension, or any other extension that is marked as "abandoned" or "in development", on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Extension Customisations Team

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”