[ABD] Styles Demo 1.1.4

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
nedka
Name: Khoa Nguyen

Re: [RC] Styles Demo 1.1.2

Post by nedka » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:00 am

Updated to 1.1.2 / 1.2.2 with new features as suggested by @Raul [ThE KuKa] :)
Changes since v1.1.1/v1.2.1
  • [New feature] Add local style data management modules instead of editing style.cfg files manually.
  • [New feature] Add installation utility for ACP styles.
  • [New feature] Add unlimited mirrors and support link for styles.
  • Code improvements for better performance.
  • Update Bootstrap to 3.3.7.
  • Do not keep ?sid=... in the URL address.
  • Store cache and refresh language data if necessary.
  • Show Info icon if neither download nor purchase link is specified.
  • Allow to use <url>/?style=<style_name> as same as <url>/#<style_name> to avoid encode hash problems.
  • Check new versions from GitHub directly.
  • Fixed: Hide buttons if their source data is unavailable.
  • Fixed: Do not redirect when processing login.

Update
Disable the extension, delete old files but keep the following directories: ./ext/vinabb/stylesdemo/app/styles/ and ./ext/vinabb/stylesdemo/bin/ (if using PhantomJS), upload new files and enable the extension again.
VinaBB - Republic of phpBB

Raul [ThE KuKa]
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:19 pm

+10

Huauuuu!!!!! nice work!!! :o

Thank you so much!!! test tonight ;)

Go, go, go!!!
If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate with Image
phpBB International Support Team (Spanish - Español) :flag_es: Online Since 2003 - 15th anniversary
🎨phpBB Professional Premium Themes🔥
Author Translations (Spanish - Spain) :two_hearts:

:warning: I don't support those without the copyright Spanish translation. :warning:

Raul [ThE KuKa]
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:59 pm

Well, first; nice work again... ;)

I see a problem. :mrgreen:

Click on "Details" link and URL= 404 error (The requested topic does not exist.)
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=531&t=2314506
It should be like that:
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=531&t=2314506

Support link, and all links works perfect.
If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate with Image
phpBB International Support Team (Spanish - Español) :flag_es: Online Since 2003 - 15th anniversary

:warning: I don't support those without the copyright Spanish translation. :warning:

nedka

Post by nedka » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:43 pm

Good tester Raul :D

Just open ext/vinabb/stylesdemo/acp/data_module.php and remove the stupid line:

Code: Select all

$style_mirror_url = htmlspecialchars($style_mirror_url);
I fixed it on GitHub a few hours ago :(

It seems all links go to 404 if contain '&' -> & :( I thinks I will release a new patch as soon

Raul [ThE KuKa]
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:10 pm

True!!!

All URLs with & character...

No problem, I'll keep testing new versions, "Test Mode" it is "On". :mrgreen:

nedka

Re: [RC] Styles Demo 1.1.3

Post by nedka » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:53 pm

v1.1.3 / 1.2.3 released to patch URL problems and fixed 13/14 EPV errors :o
The final EPV error I give up is Error: Using exec on line 256 in /controller/main.php :lol:
Raul [ThE KuKa] wrote:True!!!

All URLs with & character...

No problem, I'll keep testing new versions, "Test Mode" it is "On". :mrgreen:
Hi Raul, It's time for testing again :D

Raul [ThE KuKa]
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:02 pm

I'm testing now... :mrgreen:

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:59 pm

If the styles Demo is enabled my standart theme is disabled and the first style with alphabetcial letter is shown first at guest mode and being logged out. Does complete overwrite my standart thme that should be shown. Also some exentsions loosing theirs icons before their names and display weired things.

I use PBWOW Theme and if extension is on it starts display the theme beginning with letter B like Bootlike. And thats while being guest, that should not already see this kind of menu.
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

nedka

Re: [RC] Styles Demo 1.1.4

Post by nedka » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:12 pm

Miri4ever wrote:Also some exentsions loosing theirs icons before their names and display weired things.
Open controller/user.php (3.1.x) or decorated/user.php (3.2.x), find 2 following events and rename them:
'vinabb.stylesdemo.user_setup' -> 'core.user_setup'
'vinabb.stylesdemo.user_setup_after' -> 'core.user_setup_after'
It allows other extensions to work with Demo. I must rename them because the Extension Pre Validator :(
Miri4ever wrote:I use PBWOW Theme and if extension is on it starts display the theme beginning with letter B like Bootlike.
I forgot that the case upper/lower when using ORDER BY in SQL. Open controller/main.php, find:

ORDER BY ' . (($this->config['vinabb_stylesdemo_json_enable']) ? 'style_path' : 'style_name');
Replace with:

ORDER BY ' . $this->db->sql_lower_text(($this->config['vinabb_stylesdemo_json_enable']) ? 'style_path' : 'style_name');
Miri4ever wrote:If the styles Demo is enabled my standart theme is disabled and the first style with alphabetcial letter is shown first at guest mode
You means "the default style"? I fixed that problem, now the Demo always load the default style at first run time. Changes are here.

Thanks so much for your reports, Miri4ever. The version 1.1.4 / 1.2.4 has fixed above problems. :D
- Restore phpBB core event names
- Always load the default style at first time
- Fix upper/lower problems when sorting style names

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:50 pm

Your latest change fixes this problems. The link items and everything is working fine again with display of board standart style. I was just wondering why Firefox it shown up and Opera not, but after logged out at Opera it also display there fine.

But still seen by guest after logged out or must I change somewhere permissions that quest and visitors can't see the styles demo and only admin for testing new styles and themes ?

I still need this fix from the version before for running correctly at my board:

if (!$style && !$acp_style && !in_array($this->user->page['page_name'], array("app.{$this->php_ext}/demo/", "app.{$this->php_ext}/demo/acp", "app.{$this->php_ext}/demo/acp/")) && $this->user->data['user_type'] != USER_FOUNDER && !defined('IN_LOGIN'))
TheLOGIN REQUIRED Extentsioncausing this kind of Problem not display any forums if both exentsions online. If turn off it works normal like it should and you know from your testings. But now I know how to fix.

At least the rest now working and display fine with your latest patch.

nedka

Post by nedka » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:14 pm

Miri4ever wrote:But still seen by guest after logged out or must I change somewhere permissions that quest and visitors can't see the styles demo and only admin for testing new styles and themes ?
Miri4ever, do you want to hide some styles from guests OR do not allow them to use demo page? I think we need some new options here.
Miri4ever wrote:TheLOGIN REQUIRED Extentsioncausing this kind of Problem not display any forums if both exentsions online.
Is it? Login Required 1.0.3 by kasimi

I installed both, "Login Required" and "Styles Demo" on a fresh phpBB installation, 3.1.9 and 3.2.0-RC1, enabled the required login option but no problems here :? I still can login/logout from any accounts, and see all forums on index page in guest mode. Can you give me the list of all installed extensions? I will test this problem more careful when I have time.

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:43 am

Well that's a difficult question. Your extension should be used for style demostration forums to everyone to see and switch and not for live board with developments and new styles creation.

A usergroup who could see this and who not would be helpful but it would break the rules for what reason you developed this extension. And I don't know how difficult it will be to use usergroups with an registration of witch style should be displayed and witch not.

Still searching for another exentsion who is causing this that on index.php no forums displayed. I try to put your exentsion on the excluse list but still found no success.

Another thing that I can tell you: The styles demo bar at the top of the page is not displayed at all if login required 1.03 yes is active. If turning off the bar appears as normal.

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:01 am

Regarding compatibility with the Login Required extension: you need to add the following exceptions in the ACP configuration page:
  • app.php/demo
  • app.php/demo/acp

nedka

Post by nedka » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:10 am

Miri4ever wrote:Well that's a difficult question. Your extension should be used for style demostration forums to everyone to see and switch and not for live board with developments and new styles creation.

A usergroup who could see this and who not would be helpful but it would break the rules for what reason you developed this extension.
Yes, my design concept when making this extension is for everyone, anyone can see/preview styles. It removed the permission "a_styles" and the setting "Override user style", to bring all styles to guests. I just do not know what you means "But still seen by guest after logged out", then I wrote some guesses as above.

Have you test "Styles Demo" and "Login Required" alone on a new fresh phpBB installation yet? It can help us to find the problem, or add exceptions as kasimi suggested. I tested on 3.1.9 and 3.2.0-RC1, without exceptions entered for "Login Required" but both of them still work together. I could not re-procedure your problem, I need more info from you about other exts.

nedka

Post by nedka » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:56 pm

Hi Miri4ever, I re-procedured your problem on another 3.1.x installation (with apache). It does not happen on 3.2.x, perhaps because service decorations on 3.2.x.

After adding exceptions to "Login Required", it allows to load only the top demo panel, but the bottom iframe which displays our main forum, still requires to login. And final, 2 extensions are not compatible. I just have a question: Why do you use "Login Required" on a demo board for previewing styles?

Exceptions to use "Login Required" with "Styles Demo":

app.php/demo/
app.php/demo/acp
app.php/demo/acp/
index.php
viewforum.php
viewtopic.php
Please note app.php/demo/, not app.php/demo. Although if you type app.php/demo, you will be redirected to app.php/demo/. And problems have gone.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”