[ABD] Topic/Post Reactions(like, happy, thanks, angry)

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
spiritatbay

Re: [DEV][3.2] Topic/Post Reactions(like, happy, thanks, angry)

Post by spiritatbay »

Steve wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:23 pm
spiritatbay wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:24 pm
Steve wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:44 pm Do you have any language packs installed?
No. Only the British English that's preinstalled.

I'm on the latest phpbb version, if that makes a difference; 3.2.1.
Ok I think I know what it is, but need to try and reproduce it. What's you php version?
eunaumtenhoid wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:40 pm nice work dude^^
is possible add option for reaction only on fist post?
Can you use it in conjunction with thanks for post?
You can disable posts being reacted to by a select option in the topics 1st post. And no I seem no reason why and how a thanks mod would work together 😏
Sorry to bother you again, but any possible solutions available?
Steve
Name: Steven Clark

Post by Steve »

spiritatbay wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:28 am ..
Upload this file to ext/steve/postreactions/notification/type/**

http://www.steven-clark.online/phpBB3-E ... php?id=329

It may fix the issue if not the data required for the notification is missing some how, try resyncing the post.
potku wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:29 am Once this EXT is released, it will surely be one of the most downloaded ones. :)

I had the same problem as Salva666, but once I removed the Production folder, like Steve guided Salva666 to do, I was able to reinstall with success.

But. For the life of me, I cannot figure out the permissions. :D On our localhost, there are only 6 groups. All of them have all the permissions for this EXT. The EXT on On. In UCP, everything is Yes. So, when I see the dropdown menu and try to select a reaction, the page loads and says I don't have permission. What the heck? :D
Have you tried this on a fresh install with default phpBB groups and permissions?
Froddelaar wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:00 pm Is is possible to use this only on the first post?
In the options tab for topic post reactions whilst posting or editing you can check Enable Reactions in this Topic
@ The Chief Medical Officers guideline for men is that: You are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week.
- I drank that today++ :lol: 🍺
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

Froddelaar wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:00 pm Is is possible to use this only on the first post?
Steve wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:17 am In the options tab for topic post reactions whilst posting or editing you can check Enable Reactions in this Topic
Yes, but users need to disable it every time.
I started a forum where users can rate movies / series.
And I would just like to enable the extension on the first post, and totally remove it from the answers on the first post.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Ucp > topic post reactions > enable topic reactions by default : no

And:

Acp > permissions > group permission > [ select a group] topic post reactions tab:

Can disable reactions to posts with in their topics: yes
@ The Chief Medical Officers guideline for men is that: You are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week.
spiritatbay

Post by spiritatbay »

Steve wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:17 am
spiritatbay wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:28 am ..
Upload this file to ext/steve/postreactions/notification/type/**

http://www.steven-clark.online/phpBB3-E ... php?id=329

It may fix the issue if not the data required for the notification is missing some how, try resyncing the post.

that did it!
thanks very much!!
Sniffit

Post by Sniffit »

Hi Steve,

We've installed it on our forum but it crashes and we have to disable it. I really want this feature for my forum and I know you are doing your best to finish it. I can be patient.

I don't mean to be a pest and I know others are just as eager as I am but do you have any idea when it might be ready for Prime Time on all phpbb forums?

We're using 3.2.1 Prosilver with the background extension and a few other minor plugins. My site is only about a 1.2 years old. We're trying to grow but I need this feature to make our site better.

You can check us out at the-group.club and maybe you will have some suggestions on why this Likes plugin is crashes us.

It's just me and my friend who does the actual webmasstering. I'm more the PR guy. We have another site too but it's still in the making.

I will appreciate any help you can offer,

Thanks ;)
Steve

Post by Steve »

In what way does it crash, do you have any errors in your logs at all?
Sniffit

Post by Sniffit »

Steve wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:46 am In what way does it crash, do you have any errors in your logs at all?
Thanks for the reply Steve.

I'll have to ask my partner if he can give me the error code and then post it/them here as soon as he has time to look it up.
Galixte de EzCom
Name: Raphaël M.

Post by Galixte de EzCom »

Galixte de EzCom wrote:Hi,

i have tested your extension because it can be interesting to translate for FRENCH users (i’m FRENCH translator). During the tests i found some issues, so i want to point out to them:
  1. especially about the language keys problems:
    1. in ./ext/steve/postreactions/language/XX/common.php:
      1. delete, it’s useless: 'REACTIONS_VERSION' => '0.5.6-dev',
      2. i want to tell i appreciate your work and i’m thanking you to do that, but your REACTION_COPY is displayed on all pages from board! What a nice free ad for your board, isn’t it? ;) So, i suggest you to display this only on “View reactions” pages (pop-up from messages and the main page dedicated to recents reactions), it seems that should be enough.
      3. the three language keys LOG_ACP_REACTION_xxx should be present in info_acp_reactions.php file instead of common.
      4. about this language key, there is a typo error:
        • find this: 'REACTIONS_NOT_FOUND' => 'An <strong>Error</strong> has occured',//?
        • replace with: 'REACTIONS_NOT_FOUND' => 'An <strong>Error</strong> has occurred',//?
      5. you propose these language keys:
        • Code: Select all

//pre populated reactions
          	'REACTION_CRY'					=> 'Pleure',
          	'REACTION_DISLIKE'				=> 'Dislike',
          	'REACTION_FUNNY'				=> 'Funny',
          	'REACTION_HAPPY'				=> 'Happy',
          	'REACTION_LIKE'					=> 'Like',
          	'REACTION_LOVE'					=> 'Love',
          	'REACTION_MAD'					=> 'Mad',
          	'REACTION_NEUTRAL'				=> 'Neutral',
          	'REACTION_SAD'					=> 'Sad',
          	'REACTION_SURPRISED'			=> 'Surprised',
          	'REACTION_UNHAPPY'				=> 'Unhappy',
        It’s useless for multi language boards, because the reaction names are displayed with the name set in ACP (based on the default board language), so this extension doesn’t consider the translation for each language, why? It’s not complicated to do that instead of propose only the translated names of PRE-POPULATED REACTIONS.
    2. in ./ext/steve/postreactions/language/XX/info_acp_reactions.php:
      1. to display this language key 'ACP_REACTIONS_RESYNC_ENABLE_EXPLAIN' you have to:
        1. open: ./ext/steve/postreactions/adm/style/acp_reactions_body.html
        2. find:

Code: Select all

<dt><label for="reactions_resync_enable1">{L_ACP_REACTIONS_RESYNC_ENABLE}{L_COLON}</label></dt>
        3. replace with:

<dt><label for="reactions_resync_enable1">{L_ACP_REACTIONS_RESYNC_ENABLE}{L_COLON}</label><br /><span>{L_ACP_REACTIONS_RESYNC_ENABLE_EXPLAIN}</span></dt>
      2. about this language key: 'ACP_REACTIONS_PER_PAGE' => 'Reactions per Page', which set the number of users, and not reactions, displayed per page on the “View Reactions” page but also on the ACP page: “Reaction Types”. So, if i set the value to 4 for this option, 4 reactions will be displayed on “Reaction Types” page in ACP. Wtf?!
      3. on the “View Reactions” page (recents reactions page), if the ACP option: 'ACP_REACTIONS_REC_LIMIT' => 'Recent Reactions limit', is set to 1, 2, 3 or 4, the number of recents reactions, for some users, aren’t displayed at all or these aren’t displayed in regard than the number set, while on the “Viewing profile” page it’s ok the number of reactions are displayed correctly.
      4. CAT_REACTION… language keys are already in phpBB language, why you create some duplicate language keys? Simply, you to delete them and you use the original language keys instead. ;)
    3. in ./ext/steve/postreactions/language/XX/info_ucp_reactions.php:
      1. delete, it’s useless: 'REACTIONS_VERSION' => '0.5.6-dev',
      2. about these languages keys:
        • UCP_POST_REACTIONS_EXPLAIN
        • UCP_TOPIC_REACTIONS_EXPLAIN
        It could be useful to notice these settings are dedicated for future posts as much as past posts.
    4. in ./ext/steve/postreactions/language/XX/permissions_reactions.php:
      1. these language keys are duplicates:
        • 'ACL_A_DELETE_REACTIONS' => 'Peut supprimer les réactions aux messages/sujets.',
        • 'ACL_M_DELETE_REACTIONS' => 'Peut supprimer les réactions aux messages/sujets.',
        it’s a moderator action, if you want to add the ability to delete reactions for administrators, simply add the ACL_M_DELETE_REACTIONS permission in a “PERMISSION ROLE”, especially a “Moderator role”, for which the administrator will have been set. For example, It’s as if the native phpBB “Can permanently delete posts” permission was for moderators (ACL_M) and administrators (ACL_U), it would be a non-sense to have this permission duplicated while only one is useful to have the same result. So, i recommend to delete ACL_A_DELETE_REACTIONS permission:.
      2. Steve wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:00 pm Extension updated
        version 0.5.5-dev:

Permission to re-sync. If admins or mods have permission they can re-sync any post.
        about this language key: 'ACL_U_RESYNC_REACTIONS' => 'Can resync Post Reactions', maybe the explaination should more accurate because the topic authors can re-sync only their posts while moderators and administrators can re-sync all posts.
  2. some language keys aren’t used:
    1. in ./ext/steve/postreactions/language/XX/common.php:
      • 'REACTION_ADDED' => 'Reaction Added',
      • 'REACTION_DELETED' => 'Reaction Deleted',
      • 'REACTION_DUPLICATE' => 'You have already Reacted to this Post',
      • 'REACTIONS_LIST_VIEW' => 'View All',
    2. in ./ext/steve/postreactions/language/XX/info_acp_reactions.php:
      • 'ACP_CDN_REACTION_URL' => 'Content Delivery Network URL',
      • 'ACP_REACTION_TYPE' => 'Topic/Post Type',
    3. Maybe others i didn’t check all.
  3. an error message appears when some conditions are met:
    1. on a fresh installation of phpBB 3.2.1, activate this extension,
    2. activate all permissions, all ACP & UCP options from this extension except un UCP: Enable Topic Reactions by default: set to No,
    3. with a simple registered user, create a new topic thus for this topic, the options from this extension are natively set lik these:
      • Enable Reactions in this Topic set to No,
      • Enable Reactions to this Post set to Yes,
    4. publish some others posts on this topic until you have a second page,
    5. when you’re on the second page from this topic, this message error appears:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/steve/postreactions/event/viewtopic_listener.php on line 249: Undefined property: steve/postreactions/event/viewtopic_listener::$user_type_id
      [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/steve/postreactions/event/viewtopic_listener.php on line 269: Undefined property: steve/postreactions/event/viewtopic_listener::$user_type_id
      [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/steve/postreactions/event/viewtopic_listener.php on line 249: Undefined property: steve/postreactions/event/viewtopic_listener::$user_type_id
      [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/steve/postreactions/event/viewtopic_listener.php on line 269: Undefined property: steve/postreactions/event/viewtopic_listener::$user_type_id
      usually, from my tests, i have as many lines as posts from the second page, but not all the time.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Off topic: about your extension, here: http://www.steven-clark.online/phpBB3-E ... poser.json. Is a similar extension like this: https://github.com/marttiphpbb/phpbb-ex ... mplatecode ?
Source: http://www.steven-clark.online/phpBB3-E ... p=488#p488. ;)
Last edited by Galixte de EzCom on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Communau EzCom
📖 « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.2.x & 3.3.x ».
📋 Lists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
📋 Lists of all styles identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
Image Tu as un forum et tu veux aussi un site web ? Regarde par ici.
Galixte de EzCom
Name: Raphaël M.

Post by Galixte de EzCom »

Communau EzCom
📖 « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.2.x & 3.3.x ».
📋 Lists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
📋 Lists of all styles identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
Image Tu as un forum et tu veux aussi un site web ? Regarde par ici.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Gracias 👍🏻
SalazarAG

Post by SalazarAG »

Hi, Steve! Is it possible to add a feature for negative reactions? For example: if the person receives the "Sad" reaction it decreases a point of reaction. If she has 100 reactions she has 99 reactions and so on.

in other forums there is this functionality, I find it very useful.
I'm sorry for my English. Google Translator does a bad job. :D
Steve

Post by Steve »

Possibly but this extension is bit of static project lately until I need to intergrate into an other extension I'm working on.
SalazarAG

Post by SalazarAG »

Steve wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:27 am Possibly but this extension is bit of static project lately until I need to intergrate into an other extension I'm working on.
Okay, I'm glad there's a possibility. Thank you very much :))
I'm sorry for my English. Google Translator does a bad job. :D
nhseacoast

Post by nhseacoast »

Thanks for this extension! Great idea! I know it's currently [DEV], but are there any known problems currently? Would you trust it on a live board?
http://nhgunforum.com phpBB v3.2.1
http://wtprise.org phpBB v3.3.2

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”