[ABD] Kerberos Single Sign-On

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
lazyrabbitt

[ABD] Kerberos Single Sign-On

Post by lazyrabbitt »

Extension Name: Kerberos Single Sign-On
Author: lazyrabbitt

Extension Description: An extension for phpBB 3.2.x that adds single sign-on capabilities to your phpBB installation, by utilizing your web server's authentication protocols, specifically tested with Kerberos.
Extension Version: 1.0.0

Requirements: phpbb 3.2.x

Features:
  • Authentication via the web server utilizing Kerberos (this requires additional setup outside of the extension).
  • Redundant LDAP servers.
  • LDAP Lookup and pull of additional fields (full name, department, city, state, and country).
  • Utilizing events overrides the display of the username with the display of the full name.
  • Auto logon when a new session is started.
  • LDAP Bind as backup for user authentication.
  • Re-check feature for admins to re-pull all user's additional fields.
  • Integrated additional fields collected from LDAP into the viewtopic display.
  • Support to select the PHP global variable that stores the user authentication.
Screenshots: N/A

Demo URL: N/A

GitHub Repository: https://github.com/lazyrabbitt/KerberosSSO

Extension Download: https://github.com/lazyrabbitt/Kerberos ... v1.0.0.zip

Additional Comments:

I created this extension to work in our corporate environment which is mostly Windows with Active Directory. Though I adapted this code from an earlier mod that was designed for Apache. Original mod that I used as my starting point: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=1620325. The code is basically a merged version of the phpBB 3.2 LDAP code and that earlier mod, with some additional features. I tested the code using IIS on a Windows 2008 R2 server using the built in Windows authentication module. I am still testing the code to see if there are any fundamental flaws with the code/process and to see if there are any additional functionality that would be useful. I welcome feedback, especially to ensure I didn't completely FUBAR this up.

*edited to put topic into the recommended format.*
MPIDR

Re: [3.2][BETA] Kerberos Single Sign-On

Post by MPIDR »

Dear lazyrabbitt,

Thanks a lot for writing this extension! We would love to use it but encounter an exception when enabling it:

Exception: The service "lazymod.kerberossso.listener" has a dependency on a non-existent service "phpbb.pages.operator".

How can this be solved?

Regards,
MPIDR
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: [ABD] Kerberos Single Sign-On

Post by Paul »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the extension author has not been active recently. If the extension author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the Extensions Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this extension, or any other extension that is marked as “abandoned” or “in development”, on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Extensions Team

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”